Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets releasing WR Eric Decker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
renndawg37


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 2908
Location: Toronto, ON
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
Crickett wrote:
The Titans really aren't messing around at WR this year.


Very similar path to what the Raiders did for DC, except a yeat later in the process.

Drafted Davis in the top 5 - Amari Cooper - I think Cooper is clearly the better prospect but both guys have ridiculous potential (with Cooper already proving that right).

Signed Eric Decker - Michael Crabtree. Both guys had highs and lows whether it be injuries or down years because of QB play, whatever. You could argue that Decker was better than Crabtree at the same time, at least in production.

Both teams also made it a priority to get a top tier OL though the Titans might be better served long term because they've drafted their talented guys instead of free agency (besides Jackson) they also look to have the tackle spots figured out long term.

Either way I really like the idea, give Mariota a ton of weapons and keep him protected and he'll reach his ridiculous ceiling and a ton of good things will follow. Some might think Decker is over the hill because of injuries but I think he has the potential in that situation to have a Crabtree like impact of being just a rock solid number 2 that sometimes blurs the line of who the best WR is (mostly because the other is young and learning). They also have Walker too. All of this is why I have the Titans as my breakout team in the AFC. And similar reasons why I have Tampa in the NFC. It seems simple to surround your young QB with talented pass catchers but there are numerous examples of teams never figuring it out or failing to put the right pieces around. Sometimes people expect your highly drafted QB to be a franchise QB and those guys are supposed to elevate everyone, but that's the long term idea, in the short term I want my young QB to have weapons to grow with.


Don't forget Rishard Matthews. He is a legit #2 as well.
_________________
ADOPT-A-TITAN 2017/2018
LB Wesley Woodyard
OG Quinton Spain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38714
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Good addition by the Titans. He is a solid #2 WR.

Still 2nd best team in AFC South behind the Jags.


Texans are the best team until proven otherwise


Honestly I'm not sure the Texans proved they were the best team in the division last year, tbh.


11-1 Division record over the last two years and two division titles says otherwise. I get that people weren't enamored with the Texans, but they ran away from Jacksonville, Tennessee and Indy in divisional play last season (without JJ Watt in any division game).

I get that the Titans and Colts have improved (sit down Jax, you can come to the big boy table as soon as you've earned the off season hype) but to be the man, you gotta beat the man.
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35215
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Good addition by the Titans. He is a solid #2 WR.

Still 2nd best team in AFC South behind the Jags.


Texans are the best team until proven otherwise


Honestly I'm not sure the Texans proved they were the best team in the division last year, tbh.


11-1 Division record over the last two years and two division titles says otherwise. I get that people weren't enamored with the Texans, but they ran away from Jacksonville, Tennessee and Indy in divisional play last season (without JJ Watt in any division game).

I get that the Titans and Colts have improved (sit down Jax, you can come to the big boy table as soon as you've earned the off season hype) but to be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Meh, with the recent AFC South, I think non-division record is a better indicator of the quality of the team. Laughing

Anyways, it's a good move with essentially no risk. On paper you now have a good, young quarterback with a trio of Rishard Matthews, Corey Davis and Eric Decker with a pro bowl tight end, probably top three offensive line and a good pass-catching Pro Bowl running back. I'm excited to see how we mess this up.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1766
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved both Davis and Taylor as picks. Matthews is a solid number two. Douglas is worth a roster spot as a four or five. I don't know what's going on with Sharpe legally so right now I'll ignore him.

But if Decker and Matthews start the season as the starters and then Davis and/or Taylor earn snaps, I think they will have minimum an average WR corps. Potentially very good. I don't expect top five. But going from one of the worst in the league to average at worst ain't bad. It's what I'm hoping is happening with the Eagles, kind of similar situations. Young talented QBs with bottom five WR corps.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13427
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on the Titans on getting Decker. That team's going to be fun to watch this year.
_________________
I bought one of those tapes to teach you Spanish in your sleep. During the night, the tape skipped. Now I can only stutter in Spanish.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TT4Life7


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 612
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
I loved both Davis and Taylor as picks. Matthews is a solid number two. Douglas is worth a roster spot as a four or five. I don't know what's going on with Sharpe legally so right now I'll ignore him.

But if Decker and Matthews start the season as the starters and then Davis and/or Taylor earn snaps, I think they will have minimum an average WR corps. Potentially very good. I don't expect top five. But going from one of the worst in the league to average at worst ain't bad. It's what I'm hoping is happening with the Eagles, kind of similar situations. Young talented QBs with bottom five WR corps.


Matthews nearly had a thousand yards last year while barely being involved in the first 4 games. 945 yds and 9 TDs is not a no. 5 WR. C'mon.
_________________


2015 Adopt-A-Titan:
Marcus Mariota
Byron Stingily
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 23184
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
I loved both Davis and Taylor as picks. Matthews is a solid number two. Douglas is worth a roster spot as a four or five. I don't know what's going on with Sharpe legally so right now I'll ignore him.

But if Decker and Matthews start the season as the starters and then Davis and/or Taylor earn snaps, I think they will have minimum an average WR corps. Potentially very good. I don't expect top five. But going from one of the worst in the league to average at worst ain't bad. It's what I'm hoping is happening with the Eagles, kind of similar situations. Young talented QBs with bottom five WR corps.


Matthews nearly had a thousand yards last year while barely being involved in the first 4 games. 945 yds and 9 TDs is not a no. 5 WR. C'mon.

He said no 2?
_________________
If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Counselor


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 2090
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
I loved both Davis and Taylor as picks. Matthews is a solid number two. Douglas is worth a roster spot as a four or five. I don't know what's going on with Sharpe legally so right now I'll ignore him.

But if Decker and Matthews start the season as the starters and then Davis and/or Taylor earn snaps, I think they will have minimum an average WR corps. Potentially very good. I don't expect top five. But going from one of the worst in the league to average at worst ain't bad. It's what I'm hoping is happening with the Eagles, kind of similar situations. Young talented QBs with bottom five WR corps.


Matthews nearly had a thousand yards last year while barely being involved in the first 4 games. 945 yds and 9 TDs is not a no. 5 WR. C'mon.

He said no 2?


Yeah reading comprehension goes a long way.
_________________
In reference to concern about Joshua Dobbs' Knees

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...


GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Raider


Joined: 25 Jun 2014
Posts: 1867
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
Crickett wrote:
The Titans really aren't messing around at WR this year.


Very similar path to what the Raiders did for DC, except a yeat later in the process.

Drafted Davis in the top 5 - Amari Cooper - I think Cooper is clearly the better prospect but both guys have ridiculous potential (with Cooper already proving that right).

Signed Eric Decker - Michael Crabtree. Both guys had highs and lows whether it be injuries or down years because of QB play, whatever. You could argue that Decker was better than Crabtree at the same time, at least in production.

Both teams also made it a priority to get a top tier OL though the Titans might be better served long term because they've drafted their talented guys instead of free agency (besides Jackson) they also look to have the tackle spots figured out long term.

Either way I really like the idea, give Mariota a ton of weapons and keep him protected and he'll reach his ridiculous ceiling and a ton of good things will follow. Some might think Decker is over the hill because of injuries but I think he has the potential in that situation to have a Crabtree like impact of being just a rock solid number 2 that sometimes blurs the line of who the best WR is (mostly because the other is young and learning). They also have Walker too. All of this is why I have the Titans as my breakout team in the AFC. And similar reasons why I have Tampa in the NFC. It seems simple to surround your young QB with talented pass catchers but there are numerous examples of teams never figuring it out or failing to put the right pieces around. Sometimes people expect your highly drafted QB to be a franchise QB and those guys are supposed to elevate everyone, but that's the long term idea, in the short term I want my young QB to have weapons to grow with.


Don't forget Rishard Matthews. He is a legit #2 as well.


Yeah he's another guy I really like. And his skill set meshes well with a young QB that's still growing. On another note going off the Raiders added weapons I'm really interested to see what Cook and Paterson can do in our offense. Specifically Patterson playing with the best QB he's ever had and being a third target behind two very good receivers. I could see him finding a solid role for us.
_________________

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 9387
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Good on the Titans on getting Decker. That team's going to be fun to watch this year.


Indeed. They should be the favorites to take that division this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 8736
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
tom cody wrote:
Good on the Titans on getting Decker. That team's going to be fun to watch this year.


Indeed. They should be the favorites to take that division this year.


Wasn't that long ago people thought Luck/Colts were going to have a guaranteed ticket to the playoffs for the next decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32989
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
tom cody wrote:
Good on the Titans on getting Decker. That team's going to be fun to watch this year.


Indeed. They should be the favorites to take that division this year.


Wasn't that long ago people thought Luck/Colts were going to have a guaranteed ticket to the playoffs for the next decade.


Eh Titans finally found a GM and a QB. Changes everything.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 9387
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Malik wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
tom cody wrote:
Good on the Titans on getting Decker. That team's going to be fun to watch this year.


Indeed. They should be the favorites to take that division this year.


Wasn't that long ago people thought Luck/Colts were going to have a guaranteed ticket to the playoffs for the next decade.


Eh Titans finally found a GM and a QB. Changes everything.


IKR? Just ask the Raiders.

The keyword, of course being SHOULD.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bananabucket


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 1699
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Malik wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
tom cody wrote:
Good on the Titans on getting Decker. That team's going to be fun to watch this year.


Indeed. They should be the favorites to take that division this year.


Wasn't that long ago people thought Luck/Colts were going to have a guaranteed ticket to the playoffs for the next decade.


Eh Titans finally found a GM and a QB. Changes everything.


Helps that the Colts had one of the worst GMs ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32989
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Malik wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
tom cody wrote:
Good on the Titans on getting Decker. That team's going to be fun to watch this year.


Indeed. They should be the favorites to take that division this year.


Wasn't that long ago people thought Luck/Colts were going to have a guaranteed ticket to the playoffs for the next decade.


Eh Titans finally found a GM and a QB. Changes everything.


Helps that the Colts had one of the worst GMs ever


I mean your team was practically gift wrapped your QB. Could be much worse
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group