You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets parting ways with WR Eric Decker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
It's a tank. It's a God damn tank.

Remember when I told you 2 months back we're going to be abysmal and you were demeaning to me for having a SOJF personality and that we were going to surprise people?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I never said we were going to surprise people.

And you said we'd be terrible based on nothing tangible.

If you said that now, I'd agree.

Wait so cutting Harris and Decker has changed your opinion THAT much lol?

I never had an opinion on how good or bad we would be. Had to wait to see how guys progressed and what they looked like.

I never made a prediction. Just hated how fans said our draft was terrible and we suck, etc.. before guys even hit the field.

Now you see a team with no veterans, potentially going with a young QB and a new offense and you can kinda tell which direction this team is heading in THIS SEASON.

Growth from within, we're gonna take our lumps and hopefully one of two things happen. Hack or Petty take the reigns and we go from there or we're bad enough record wise but have the progress from our players we'd love and draft one of the 3/4 QBs in this upcoming draft.

I still don't know what this season will turn out to be but I'm glad we're picking a direction.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna miss Decker but I think he probably asked for this behind closed doors.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
Upsetting, but I'm glad we're tanking. Tired of being stuck in the average to below average range.

This x1000

The suck for Sam is in full effect. Hell I wanted to cut Marshall and Decker 2 months ago. It'll be fun watching the young guys play at least.

If Sam Darold is the next Manning/Luck this will be well worth the wait.

Edit: I do hope we win 1-2 games though. Do not want an 0-16 hanging over this team, we've had enough over the years and adding a 0 win season is not want I want.

We went 1-15 in 96. 0-16 to me is no different.
jamax99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking news. jets tanked season go 0-16. . But league just put in a lottery system and they fell just like the Knicks to 8th. And Tom Brady retires and after getting a 1 for jimmy g. They win the lottery with top pick. That's Jets luck. .. This has tanking written all over it, decker would help the young wideouts and the young qb's
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Fire Macc. This move is completely idiotic. So we want to groom a qb... but want to cut our only proven WR? Really smart. I might not even watch us this year bc there will be no positives. I'll wait until 2018 to watch us again. This season will be a complete waste of time now.

If this true, this move would be insane. Mac has had three drafts, and going into this season looks like another disaster season. What help has Mac gotten for Hack a late third round pick , big deal. The only thing that could be worst is playing that 39 year old bum to play QB, because he gives up the best chance to win.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
Relax guys. We all knew this was coming. i like the idea of moving on from these guys. I did like Decker a lot but lets face it he will never play 16 or even 10 games in a season.

The good news is we will have a bunch of young guys that are hungry and willing to put it all out there to prove their worth.

Who knows we could catch lightning in a bottle and pull off some great wins. This is the NFL and it changes so much from year to year. I'm pumped to see all these young guys that they can mix and match all over the field. You guys should be excited to see the future of the jets and not the same old broken down ones we have seen the last few season.

I also predict that the jets go after Blake B. and draft Allen. This will be the end off both Hack and Petty.

What proof is there that any of these young guys on the roster are any good?
TheChad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
Upsetting, but I'm glad we're tanking. Tired of being stuck in the average to below average range.

This x1000

The suck for Sam is in full effect. Hell I wanted to cut Marshall and Decker 2 months ago. It'll be fun watching the young guys play at least.

Edit: I do hope we win 1-2 games though. Do not want an 0-16 hanging over this team, we've had enough over the years and adding a 0 win season is not want I want.

1-15 is mostly forgettable to history.

0-16 puts you in the conversation for "worst team ever assembled" for the rest of time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChad wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:

This x1000

1-15 is mostly forgettable to history.

0-16 puts you in the conversation for "worst team ever assembled" for the rest of time.

If that's what it takes to get this regime out and for maybe some cries for woody to sell, so be it. We're an embarrassment anyways. Fact is, Jets are one of the worst franchises in all of sports and still haven't put the right people in place. Bring in a guy whose done it before, someone who knows how to build a franchise and a coach with respect who can lead. We haven't had it since Parcells, Mangini was the closes since.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's why we're trading Decker and tanking...

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/06/assessing_christian_hackenbergs_play_after_jets_ot.html#incart_river_index

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/06/assessing_christian_hackenbergs_play_after_jets_ot.html#incart_river_index

I am not optimistic for Hack/Petty to work out, I am hopeful one does. But, it seems like a lot of people are fed up with the owner/front office, which I completely understand. I am taking a different stance and really looking forward to seeing what some of our young guys do. I am actually intrigued by almost every position other than the most important one

QB- MAYBE, JUST MAYBE? but prob not

RB- Can Powell handle a bigger workload and become a real game changer?

WR- Enunwa/Anderson- Can they be a true starting tandem, and will one of the rooks step up and make plays?

TE- ASJ- is sobriety really going to make that big of a change? seems to be helping at least through OTAs.

Oline- I like our guards, can Beachum stay healthy and will Wes and Shell continue to improve?

Dline- lets get back to 2015.

LBs- Can Lee now lead this unit? after his social media showing, not sure. Will Harris really be missed? Jenkins/Mauldin- I hope you learned to rush the passer, or at least one of you will be replaced.

CBs- Can Mo Claiborne stay healthy and will Burris step up?

S- Jamal and Maye- Can these guys show us they will be a S tandem to fear for the next decade?

Going glass half full here. I saw a comment that this could be the worst NFL roster they have seen in a decade. Idk about that. I will certainly say they are one of the most unproven ones I have seen in a while, but lets not say there arent a few places to be excited about.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

Haha I don't get it, unless you're being sarcastic?
Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Sad
No. He looked bad. Improved some intangible, but accuracy was still god awful. Maybe the team is thinking that he's not the future, so blow it up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Sad
No. He looked bad. Improved some intangible, but accuracy was still god awful. Maybe the team is thinking that he's not the future, so blow it up.

I'm convinced Hack is drilling reporters since they are writing all this garbage about him. Laughing
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapo28 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Sad

I'm convinced Hack is drilling reporters since they are writing all this garbage about him. Laughing
Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decker's release now official.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: