You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets release LB David Harris
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could say this was surprising.

Nacho Simulation Football League
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody considered that the Patriots may be Super Bowl favorites this year..?
MWil23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for all the Patriots fans to say how hard/strong their division will be again this year.

"But the Jets are a big rival and you can throw out records and their rosters when they play."

Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it's a 2-year deal, as usual, the guaranteed $ and amounts are more telling.

He's only a run-stuffer at this stage, and in decline - I'd assume this is a low-base, incentive-maybe deal. There's little risk in the signing, but more a blow in name value within the AFCE - it just highlights how bad the Jets are likely going to be this year. He was too expensive to justify keeping at his stage of play, but the fact the Jets didn't have an obvious replacement (Davis might be position-wise, but Harris was also the play-caller for the D) is more telling, but we've covered that in multiple threads on the obvious tank-fest.
derekstanggt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
I'm waiting for all the Patriots fans to say how hard/strong their division will be again this year.

"But the Jets are a big rival and you can throw out records and their rosters when they play."

Rolling Eyes Laughing
The Jets and Bills will be atrocious this year; they'll be lucky to have 5 wins between them. The Phins will be competative though, I expect an 8-8 season to be their floor, and I could see 10 wins. Their OL is coming along, they have a good RB, Tanny is competent enough, and the WRs could be very good. Their DL could be scary as well.

That said though, the Jets and Bills do always play the Pats tough. As with most other division rivals, things really could go either way at times. Looking back, it's tough to believe the Bills shut out the eventual SB champs last year.

I love the Harris signing, he's been a Pats killer his whole career. It'll be nice to have his experience and leadership, as well as his run stuffing ability. Hopefully this opens up Hightower for more splash plays.

Last edited by derekstanggt on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Pats in-division record last three years:

vs Miami 4-2
vs Buffalo 4-2
vs New York 5-1
Yin-Yang

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Probably the same amount of time it took Browns fans to talk about how good of an offseason they had, and that they're "cautiously optimistic". Wink

biletnikoff wrote:
I can guarantee the Pats wont make it to the SB. Thats a lock. I will not be wrong. It doesnt matter whether its because of losses or Brady going down.It just wont happen.
ConnPatFan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
MWil23 wrote:

:roll: :lol:

vs Miami 4-2
vs Buffalo 4-2
vs New York 5-1
Considering the Pats have 10 regular season losses in that time period, the AFCE play them harder than the rest of the League.

I like the LB depth, was one of the few areas that don't look very solid.
lancerman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
MWil23 wrote:

Rolling Eyes Laughing

vs Miami 4-2
vs Buffalo 4-2
vs New York 5-1

Someone already pointed this out but that accounts for exactly 50% of the Patriots losses the last 3 years. That's why the division argument has never been good. They beat their division at the same or better rates as everybody else.

It's not like the rest of the NFL is getting screwed by the AFC East. It's not even like they have been worst division in the NFL for awhile. The last two NFC Super Bowl teams came out of the freaking NFC South
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
I wish I could say this was surprising.

Great move for New England. LB is somewhere we definitely needed depth. While I think Harris has definitely taken a step back, he's still an excellent run stuffer and will allow Hightower to rush the QB more.

It's actually ridiculous how deep this Patriot team is going to be. Belichick has built one hell of a roster.
MWil23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yin-Yang wrote:
MWil23 wrote:

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Probably the same amount of time it took Browns fans to talk about how good of an offseason they had, and that they're "cautiously optimistic". Wink

If by "cautiously optimistic" you mean that 90%+ of the forum thinks that we'll win between 4 and 7 games next year, then yes. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:
MWil23 wrote:

Rolling Eyes Laughing

If by "cautiously optimistic" you mean that 90%+ of the forum thinks that we'll win between 4 and 7 games next year, then yes. Wink

That's cautiously optimistic yes
MWil23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:
MWil23 wrote:

I'd bet that the Browns win at least 4 games next year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
lancerman wrote:
MWil23 wrote:

Oh sweet summer child
MWil23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
lancerman wrote:
MWil23 wrote:

Oh sweet summer child

Considering I had the Browns winning less than 3 games last year I don't really think I'm unrealistic.

They won 1 game last year with easily the worst roster I've ever seen, with the exception of perhaps the 0-16 Lions.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: