You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets planning to release LB David Harris
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulieIceman wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
And that's how you go from a Jet legend that I respected to crap.

The Jets released him three months after free agency started. He went to a team that has cap space and was offering more money than the Jets were willing to offer him.

And?.?.?.?. What does that have to do with him going to our rival in our division? I completely think we mishandled Harris this offseason. I also didn't think we should've extended him a couple years back though either bc of his lack of speed. But to go to the team that you played for for 10 years' rival is weak. And imo completely negates him being a Jet. There's 30 others teams in the NFL. I highly doubt NE was the only one who offered him a contract. I get that he wants to win a ring. And so be it. But you're negated as a good Jet imo by this move.

This is a ridiculous statement to make. Harris has to do whats best for him, not for the jets or jets fans. You are assuming another team offered him a contract. Its possible. but what if it was a team like the 49ers and they didnt offer him as much money, he would have to move accross the country, and not nearly as good an opportunity to win. Not saying SF did, but you cant hate on a guy for going to winner, they just happen to be in our division and our rival. I know it hurts, but dont be so sensitive about it.

Where in my statement have I said Harris is an idiot. I said IMO he's not a Jet great for me anymore. That's My opinion and I'm free to have that.
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
PaulieIceman wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
And that's how you go from a Jet legend that I respected to crap.

The Jets released him three months after free agency started. He went to a team that has cap space and was offering more money than the Jets were willing to offer him.

And?.?.?.?. What does that have to do with him going to our rival in our division? I completely think we mishandled Harris this offseason. I also didn't think we should've extended him a couple years back though either bc of his lack of speed. But to go to the team that you played for for 10 years' rival is weak. And imo completely negates him being a Jet. There's 30 others teams in the NFL. I highly doubt NE was the only one who offered him a contract. I get that he wants to win a ring. And so be it. But you're negated as a good Jet imo by this move.

This is a ridiculous statement to make. Harris has to do whats best for him, not for the jets or jets fans. You are assuming another team offered him a contract. Its possible. but what if it was a team like the 49ers and they didnt offer him as much money, he would have to move accross the country, and not nearly as good an opportunity to win. Not saying SF did, but you cant hate on a guy for going to winner, they just happen to be in our division and our rival. I know it hurts, but dont be so sensitive about it.

Where in my statement have I said Harris is an idiot. I said IMO he's not a Jet great for me anymore. That's My opinion and I'm free to have that.

Of course you are. And I am free to say your opinion is ridiculous to me. The guy put 10 years on this team, never opened up his mouth despite all of the dysfunction around him, was a true leader and a great example to those around him. Then, we slap him across the face by releasing him 3 months into free agency just to save a few bucks. Him signing with the patriots does not take anything away from what he did for the jets. If it does, I think you need to not take it so personally.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until the story comes out where he took less to stick it to the Jets (which I highly doubt is ever written) then he can do what he wants.

I mean the guy wants to win so I can't blame him after years of losing.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Until the story comes out where he took less to stick it to the Jets (which I highly doubt is ever written) then he can do what he wants.

I mean the guy wants to win so I can't blame him after years of losing.

The report has already come out that the Jets were offering him less than what he got from the Patriots.

As for Harris, he is still a great Jet. Is this a gut punch? Yeah. But can I blame him? No. We screwed him by releasing him in June. I wish he went somewhere else but I can't fault him for wanting to win (and make more money).

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is completely ridiculous to put any fault on Harris for this. After the disgraceful way in which we parted ways with him? Give me a break.

The Jets did wrong by Harris, period. The Jets are a trash franchise, this is what happens.
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care that he went to the Pats. Not like we're actually competing with them next season, and he could possibly get that SB ring that we couldn't give him.

People act like we're gonna end up in AFCC and Harris is gonna have 15 tackles, 2 INTs, and 2 sacks to single handily hold us away from dreams of being the champions.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the other cuts I can understand. Even Decker, though the timing was horrendous. But Harris should have been able to play out his last year here. Cutting him still doesn't sit right with me at all. But hey, at least Woody got to save some money right?
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
All the other cuts I can understand. Even Decker, though the timing was horrendous. But Harris should have been able to play out his last year here. Cutting him still doesn't sit right with me at all. But hey, at least Woody got to save some money right?

Ya to spend on all the FAs that will want to do nothing with this franchise in the offseason next year. We created all this cap space, when we've created the least desirable situation for a FA to come into.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reading that Harris signed a 2 year deal for 5m total, only 1.25 guaranteed. He could earn another 1.75m based on incentives .

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/david-harris-4240/
Jag68Sid87

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disrespect? He signed with the Pats. Whatever sympathy I might have had for him is gone.

Go chase a ring. Whatever. We Jets fans cannot do that. We are the ones who get disrespected yearly, not a linebacker who landed on his feet with the Super Bowl champs after we released him.

Puh-lease.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: