You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets planning to release LB David Harris
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.O

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
We should start a who will we draft with the #1 pick thread already.
Darnold, Allen, or Browning imo. Although I have a feeling if Lamar Jackson improves his play from the pocket he could be in the conversation as well

Props El Ramster on the sig
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft Lamar Jackson I am completely done with the Jets as much as that pains me to say it. That guy is dumber than Vince Young. I full expect him to score between a 3 and 6 on the wonderlic. He is not an NFL caliber QB, hes a terrific athlete that will get exposed completely at the next level and doesn't have the mental makeup or intelligence to get it done on Sundays.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant believe you guys are talking about QBs. If we get the #1 pick we will go DLine or S of course.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Cant believe you guys are talking about QBs. If we get the #1 pick we will go DLine or S of course.

LOL or WR and draft a QB in the second whose projected to be UDFA

Mr.O

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say we do land Darnold our Free Agency should be completely focused on the OL and probably CB/Edge. Grab Darnold and restock with young weapons.

doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:

Sorry Bobby, no way the Jets will draft a D lineman with our # 1 pick in the 2018 draft. It will be a another Safety. The move to cut Harris & Decker is 100% on Woody Johnson, he wanted to cut payroll in a rebuilding year. The only problem with that thinking is we have been rebuilding since 1969. When Johnson bought the Jets he out bid James Dolan ( yes the same James Dolan who own the Knicks ) enough said. As a Met, Jet, & Knick fan I have the three worst owners in the history of Pro sports. All Johnson did was throw Hack to the wolves, the only help they got for Hack in the off season was a Lt with a serious injury history, and a low third round WR who is another ? mark. It is going to be a long painful season. The only way it could get worst if they play Josh McCown, at QB.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
Say we do land Darnold our Free Agency should be completely focused on the OL and probably CB/Edge. Grab Darnold and restock with young weapons.

Past history with So Cal QB's has been a disaster. Guys like Cody Kessler, Matt Barkley, Mark Sanchez, Matt Leinart. All these QB's had great talent to work with at So Cal, strong running game, great O line, and outstanding receivers. All these failed to make the grade in the NFL. So we should be very careful on Sam Darnold. The Last outstanding QB to come out of So Cal was Carson Palmer, and that was 17 years ago. With that said they is a guy across town in LA was we should watch real close and that is Josh Rosen, at UCLA big strong kid with a great arm & the smarts to go along with his talent. I am not endorsing him yet, but we should keep a eye on him.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

Past history with So Cal QB's has been a disaster. Guys like Cody Kessler, Matt Barkley, Mark Sanchez, Matt Leinart. All these QB's had great talent to work with at So Cal, strong running game, great O line, and outstanding receivers. All these failed to make the grade in the NFL. So we should be very careful on Sam Darnold. The Last outstanding QB to come out of So Cal was Carson Palmer, and that was 17 years ago. With that said they is a guy across town in LA was we should watch real close and that is Josh Rosen, at UCLA big strong kid with a great arm & the smarts to go along with his talent. I am not endorsing him yet, but we should keep a eye on him.

While I don't disagree with the USC QB thing, Josh Rosen is nowhere near as good.

Jetfan66

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/David-Harris-Shares-Statement-on-10-Years-with-the-Jets/834cc2b8-e510-4dac-bc48-ee026a8158e0

Farewell letter from David Harris.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

I wouldn't draft a Michigan QB simply because Tom Brady went to Michigan or Jim Harbaugh coached Andrew Luck. And I would draft a Florida QB despite Tim Tebow or any of the Spurrier QBs of the past. (Sidenote, Florida's QBs do not inspire me on the field. Maybe that changes over time). I would draft a QB based on my view of their long-term potential.

Also, as for Josh Rosen, the talent is there. However, he is coming off a shoulder injury. He also has had multiple incidents involving his lifestyle already. And the last rumor is he is disliked by his teammates and not a leader on/off the field.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

I wouldn't draft a Michigan QB simply because Tom Brady went to Michigan or Jim Harbaugh coached Andrew Luck. And I would draft a Florida QB despite Tim Tebow or any of the Spurrier QBs of the past. (Sidenote, Florida's QBs do not inspire me on the field. Maybe that changes over time). I would draft a QB based on my view of their long-term potential.

Also, as for Josh Rosen, the talent is there. However, he is coming off a shoulder injury. He also has had multiple incidents involving his lifestyle already. And the last rumor is he is disliked by his teammates and not a leader on/off the field.

Yeah Rosen shoulder injury was a nerve injury and that is a little more than a regular shoulder injury that is a concern. Friends on mine on the west coast tell me he the real deal. I really don't know much about his off field business. But he is till worth a look.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

Carson worked out. Kessler is TBD, but was a middle round pick. Darnold is different too. The guy seriously doesn't have a flaw in his game.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

Carson worked out. Kessler is TBD, but was a middle round pick. Darnold is different too. The guy seriously doesn't have a flaw in his game.

What is really strange is Carson Palmer was the best QB in SO Cal history. When you look at all the super stars to come out of So Cal it is mind boggling, all those future NFL greats position players, maybe Darnold will be the best QB of the lot. The Trojans had a few QB make the pros, but they were only mediocre players. Some Trojans QB's were great in college but failed in the pros.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

What is really strange is Carson Palmer was the best QB in SO Cal history. When you look at all the super stars to come out of So Cal it is mind boggling, all those future NFL greats position players, maybe Darnold will be the best QB of the lot. The Trojans had a few QB make the pros, but they were only mediocre players. Some Trojans QB's were great in college but failed in the pros.
Trent Richardson was great in College and trash in the league. Teams are still gonna Draft bama RBs.

Mr.O

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think the off field stuff with Rosen is kinda overblown, I'm more worried about how risky he can be on the field. TON of talent there so if he cleans it up a bit I'd be fine with him at 1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: