You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Its the Little Things that Count....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody back on topic. I need people to do two things.

Dizzy - Stop being a martyr in your own eyes, people don't like your posting style, deal with it, don't complain because they make that clear. I'll see 5-6 posts in a row of people trying to get a thread back on the rails and then you post complaining about other posters, that doesn't help anyone.

Everyone else - Stop poking Dizzy. He's staying on topic way better than before and not liking someone's posting style isn't justification for insults. Disagree all you want, but do it with class. Posting to "ignore it" isn't actually ignoring something, it's just being juvenile and I'm going to start handing out warnings, rules about insulting other posters don't disappear just because you find said poster annoying.

Dizzy and Everyone - Stop with the innuendo. I'm sick of having to police individual innuendos and decide which are and aren't okay. This is supposed to be a family friendly site. All innuendos will be an automatic warning until we get out of the habit of pushing the line as far as we can go. Repeated innuendos after receiving a warning will be grounds for temporary bans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok back on topic, what do folks think about King? Is he just a guy, or just someone that they are giving a look in the search to replace Davis? Guy was mega productive in college.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
ok back on topic, what do folks think about King? Is he just a guy, or just someone that they are giving a look in the search to replace Davis? Guy was mega productive in college.

I've heard great stuff, but didn't see him play in college at all. I thought that snap count someone posted of the Rams LBs last year, where two of them played like 1K snaps each and the 3rd guy (which was actually like 4 guys) played about 300 snaps. So I think that 3rd guy here will probably be similar, 3-4 different guys with different strengths and weaknesses. What is King's calling card?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
I've heard great stuff, but didn't see him play in college at all. I thought that snap count someone posted of the Rams LBs last year, where two of them played like 1K snaps each and the 3rd guy (which was actually like 4 guys) played about 300 snaps. So I think that 3rd guy here will probably be similar, 3-4 different guys with different strengths and weaknesses. What is King's calling card?

This is one of the kids I know a little bit about....I follow HBCU football pretty closely..he went to Norfolk State a school kinda up near where I am, and they play Hampton and Howard, as well as few schools in SC (Noteably SCSU.) Lyndin Trail came out of Norfolk a couple of years back a DE/OLB prospect that I liked a lot...I think he's still with the skins...I digress but I got some exposure to him scouting some other HBCU players...kid had a huge Soph year (eventhough Trail was getting the pub) 84tkls 18.5tfl 9.5sks...ILB/OLB type....6'1 230 range...

http://www.nsuspartans.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2554

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:

I am guessing there will be no replacement to Davis; his position is just being phased out. I'm not expecting much but a rotation guy from King, which is fine--anything more is icing on the cake.

I'll still chalk this to being one of those little things (drumming up support for a player in hopes that his perceived value increases enough to make him tradeable) that this front office is doing because they are geniuses, but if I'm wrong on this, I will do the right thing and eat crow to make you a marvelous Brock Osweiler (with no sarcasm except to stomp on myself, brownieman and co., of course--would only be fair) victory lap thread. I'm still holding out that nothing much comes of it, but stranger things have happened:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000815088/article/brock-osweiler-i-want-to-be-the-starter-of-this-team

As the hijinks have essentially come to an end, I must say that it was an honor spooking you (and being spooked by you), Sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFlkUMSMmRo

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

I am guessing there will be no replacement to Davis; his position is just being phased out. I'm not expecting much but a rotation guy from King, which is fine--anything more is icing on the cake.

I'll still chalk this to being one of those little things (drumming up support for a player in hopes that his perceived value increases enough to make him tradeable) that this front office is doing because they are geniuses, but if I'm wrong on this, I will do the right thing and eat crow to make you a marvelous Brock Osweiler (with no sarcasm except to stomp on myself, brownieman and co., of course--would only be fair) victory lap thread. I'm still holding out that nothing much comes of it, but stranger things have happened:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000815088/article/brock-osweiler-i-want-to-be-the-starter-of-this-team

As the hijinks have essentially come to an end, I must say that it was an honor spooking you (and being spooked by you), Sir.

The telling quote here is this:

The bottom line in Cleveland is that none of these players would be alternating first-team reps if the Browns possessed an unquestioned starter. That decades-long search continues, and it could stay that way deep into the regular season.

Regarding Brock wanting to start, of course he does. He said it perfectly himself a few weeks ago. If you don't want to start you are in the wrong business. No one wants to stand on the sidelines.

All I ever called for was for him to compete because physically he is the prototype, and he has experience, some good and some bad. Which he is competing, so thats good. Competition is what is needed.

The whole debacle here just got out of hand.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

The telling quote here is this:

The bottom line in Cleveland is that none of these players would be alternating first-team reps if the Browns possessed an unquestioned starter. That decades-long search continues, and it could stay that way deep into the regular season.

Regarding Brock wanting to start, of course he does. He said it perfectly himself a few weeks ago. If you don't want to start you are in the wrong business. No one wants to stand on the sidelines.

All I ever called for was for him to compete because physically he is the prototype, and he has experience, some good and some bad. Which he is competing, so thats good. Competition is what is needed.

The whole debacle here just got out of hand.

Yup. Fair points--just disagreement on how good/how bad. I hope I'm wrong & he is another piece for us.

In other QB news, another positive article on Kizer:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000815361/article/deshone-kizer-among-players-to-watch-after-otasminicamp

We're in bizarro world or something with all these positive articles on Browns QBs (along with mostly positive news going with Kessler as well). I have a feeling that one of these guys stands out enough this year to not be talking QB next year.

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's nip it in the bud. Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson!?
MWil23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:

You're about 8-9 years too late on this one Dizzy, unless you were here in a former life/username. Wink

Friendships were lost, users were banned (including moderators), and others left and never came back.

I'm not joking and I'm not exaggerating.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

You're about 8-9 years too late on this one Dizzy, unless you were here in a former life/username. Wink

Friendships were lost, users were banned (including moderators), and others left and never came back.

Kinda funny looking back....you know, considering everyone was on the losing side of that argument

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickRedux wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Kinda funny looking back....you know, considering everyone was on the losing side of that argument

PFFTTTTT...go pound sand Bwick...DA would have been a HOF if he wasn't paranoid/looking over his shoulder.

Plus, it's Braylon Dropwards and Kellen "Wheelie" Winslow's fault!

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

PFFTTTTT...go pound sand Bwick...DA would have been a HOF if he wasn't paranoid/looking over his shoulder.

Plus, it's Braylon Dropwards and Kellen "Wheelie" Winslow's fault!

Laughing Laughing

#TeamAnderception
MWil23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing worse than Quinn's play is his commentary, especially toward the Browns.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:

The only thing worse than Quinn's play is his commentary, especially toward the Browns.

Anderson's finest moment, on or off the field...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGsIxLChyHQ

...that's fine, that's fine, that's fine, THAT'S FINE!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickRedux wrote:
MWil23 wrote:

Anderson's finest moment, on or off the field...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGsIxLChyHQ

...that's fine, that's fine, that's fine, THAT'S FINE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7QaKzRb4XM

ditchdigger wrote:

Thomas5737 wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: