You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Its the Little Things that Count....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
It is a great thread idea, and I apologize for aiding in its derailment.

I had forgotten about the Andy Lee trade. That should be #1 on the list because there is nothing more "under the radar" than a punter transaction. Getting a mid-rounder for a punter, regardless of how many years away, is a feat unseen in the NFL.

You're a wizard, Sashi.

Yeah the Lee trade was great.

Colquitt had almost the exact same net average and cost us nothing but cap space.

Colquitt's net average was a team record btw.

In the original idea of which this was intended, THIS may be the #1 move.....especially if that 4th rounder turns into a starting RB/WR/LB/CB anything not special teams related....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

I had forgotten about the Andy Lee trade. That should be #1 on the list because there is nothing more "under the radar" than a punter transaction. Getting a mid-rounder for a punter, regardless of how many years away, is a feat unseen in the NFL.

You're a wizard, Sashi.

Colquitt had almost the exact same net average and cost us nothing but cap space.

In the original idea of which this was intended, THIS may be the #1 move.....especially if that 4th rounder turns into a starting RB/WR/LB/CB anything not special teams related....

Or it turns out to be the key piece in a trade up on draft day.

Either way, it was an asset created in a way no other GM has been creative or clever enough to conceive or execute.

If I were Jimmy, I would give Sashi 1% ownership so that he can not be lured away. That's one of the many reasons I'm not Jimmy, though.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great point about the punter situation. We came out of that looking like bandits.

On another note, FGK, you paying attention? There is a point being made here Smile
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

You're a wizard, Sashi.

Or it turns out to be the key piece in a trade up on draft day.

Either way, it was an asset created in a way no other GM has been creative or clever enough to conceive or execute.

If I were Jimmy, I would give Sashi 1% ownership so that he can not be lured away. That's one of the many reasons I'm not Jimmy, though.

If I were Jimmy I would give me 1% to assure my fandom.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not the most "under the radar" type move, but I still can't believe how thankful I am we moved to a 4-3!! Our roster last year was way more conducive to a 43 front. Even more so this year.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope Orchard isn't lost in the shuffle. I think he has loads of potential in a 43. The couple of years wasting away could leave him the forgotten man.

I think we could be very deep with Garrett and Ogbah starting, and Orchard and Nassib as reserves.

We could also have sets with 3 or even all 4 of them on the field at the same time.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
I just hope Orchard isn't lost in the shuffle. I think he has loads of potential in a 43. The couple of years wasting away could leave him the forgotten man.

I think we could be very deep with Garrett and Ogbah starting, and Orchard and Nassib as reserves.

We could also have sets with 3 or even all 4 of them on the field at the same time.

Our depth should be elite on the line if this years draft picks are decent.

I wouldn't be real bummed with a starting D-Line of Nassib, Orchard, Meder, Ogunjobi/Brantly. All of which should be depth.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
I know it's not the most "under the radar" type move, but I still can't believe how thankful I am we moved to a 4-3!! Our roster last year was way more conducive to a 43 front. Even more so this year.

A lot of the "under the radar" (like getting a 2nd for Brock) I would argue are indeed closer to the blockbuster type, though this move to the 4-3 to me is exactly what this thread was made for. Though hiring Greggz isn't so under-the-radar, as he is a top D-coordinator, him switching our personnel to a 4-3 is both under-the-radar and amazing IMO. I've been consistent in saying that I am seeing this team win some games THIS YEAR. I could even see us slipping into the playoffs with average QB play and expected play (Peppers to be decent in coverage and pop out in other areas, Garrett to have 8+ sacks as a rookie etc.) from rookies overall.

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loving the optimism, but it would take nearly every break imaginable for us to reach the playoffs this year. I think we will be competitive, I think we will be close to 8 and 8 if not 8 and 8, but playoffs. Not yet. Now, in 2018, I think we should be strong contenders for the playoffs barring some very bad breaks.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
loving the optimism, but it would take nearly every break imaginable for us to reach the playoffs this year. I think we will be competitive, I think we will be close to 8 and 8 if not 8 and 8, but playoffs. Not yet. Now, in 2018, I think we should be strong contenders for the playoffs barring some very bad breaks.

Even with solid QB play from you-know-who?

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

You stop with this nonsense right now mister!

If we ignore it perhaps it'll go away.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FGK, convenient how you are invisible lately.....
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

? Cody's arm got stronger this year, but I guess if you don't want to talk about it...

ditchdigger wrote:

Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, our HC, Mr. Hue Jackson has openly spoken about Kesslers arm strength improvement. He has also spoke about a certain "pleasant surprise". Only I said the things that he is now saying first!

Not that it matters what the head coach of the team says. That has been proven by that certain poster here that has a stronger working knowledge of the roster management decisions made by the Denver Broncos than John Elway (according to said poster), so obviously he knows more than any mere head coach regarding the merits of a player on field.

Also REPORTEDLY an unnamed player has predicted a change in the pecking order at the QB position.

So for all of the trolls, keep munching the fecal matter, its a meal deserving of you. Laughing

Now, should the MODs that be not keep their word and my time here is coming to an end I take solace in knowing that I am likely a legend here like some that have preceded me.

Maybe the next poster that bruises the fragile egos on here will field accusations of being DizzyDean Rolling Eyes
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: