You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Its the Little Things that Count....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickRedux wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:
The only thing I would disagree with here is several moves being mentioned weren't really "under the radar" or "low-key" as OP mentioned - re-signing Collins, trading for Brock and a 2nd rounder, signing Zeitler in free-agency...those were all pretty big marquee moves at the time they happened.

I would not call trading for Brock and a 2nd a big marquee move since most of the media, and our fans, just assumed Brock was a throw away that would be cut long before now.

While down the road that trade may be considered a "steal" depending on how Brock turns out, I don't view that the same as it being under the radar given that it was probably the most talked about move both locally and nationally the following day.

That talk was due to how unconventional it was. Not because it was thought to be a blockbuster.

I'll just go ahead and leave these right here...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/9/brock-osweiler-traded-browns/

http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/09/browns-make-blockbuster-trade-for-brock-osweiler/

http://www.12up.com/posts/4693723-breaking-texans-trade-brock-osweiler-to-cleveland-in-blockbuster-deal

Bwick, I'm glad you're back.

Let me be the first to warn you that you are wasting your time attempting to have any type of discussion with this dude.

Just a heads up.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Yearlong Crusade to Shoehorn Brock Osweiler Into Every Thread: A Love Story

by D. Dean
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

by D. Dean

Legit lol'd
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickRedux wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:
The only thing I would disagree with here is several moves being mentioned weren't really "under the radar" or "low-key" as OP mentioned - re-signing Collins, trading for Brock and a 2nd rounder, signing Zeitler in free-agency...those were all pretty big marquee moves at the time they happened.

I would not call trading for Brock and a 2nd a big marquee move since most of the media, and our fans, just assumed Brock was a throw away that would be cut long before now.

While down the road that trade may be considered a "steal" depending on how Brock turns out, I don't view that the same as it being under the radar given that it was probably the most talked about move both locally and nationally the following day.

That talk was due to how unconventional it was. Not because it was thought to be a blockbuster.

http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/09/browns-make-blockbuster-trade-for-brock-osweiler/

http://www.12up.com/posts/4693723-breaking-texans-trade-brock-osweiler-to-cleveland-in-blockbuster-deal

Ever heard the word sensationalism?
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and here we go again, you paying attention FGK?
BwickRedux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:

Let me be the first to warn you that you are wasting your time attempting to have any type of discussion with this dude.

Just a heads up.

Ha - thank you on both accounts LGB. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how such a charming individual got that reputation tho....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:

Just a heads up.

No don't tell him.

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

by D. Dean

I appreciate that you can post this while still keeping your word of ignoring responding directly to any of his posts Very Happy.

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
BwickRedux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:

No don't tell him.

Keeping secrets huh? I think there's gonna be tension between you and I...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

by D. Dean

I appreciate that you can post this while still keeping your word of ignoring responding directly to any of his posts Very Happy.

Like an aroused Chihuahua, it's impossible to ignore.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think we can now agree on one thing, its neither me, nor my posts. I posted, on topic, regarding under the radar moves.

Previously I was demonized for saying do not underestimate the potential positive impact of Osweiler in the trade, and pointing out reasons why.

Now, I am catching flack for pointing out that it was not a marquee over the top huge trade.

There I go being the common denominator again. Laughing
BwickRedux

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hate to interrupt whatever the heck this is lol....but back to the topic at hand.

One more move (or series of sequential moves) I wanted to highlight was Sashi's handling of the punter position last year. The Browns were able to trade Andy Lee to Carolina for a fourth (!!!) round pick, then turned and signed Britton Colquitt off the street who proceeded to play well enough to earn a 4 year extension this past offseason.

Overall, I think it's a great example of maximizing assets and balancing potential with risk.

This really was a great idea OP - after compiling all of these moves in one place and discussing them (along with a slight detour) you can really see it all start coming together after a season and a half and the overall plan starting to come into focus. In fact, we should sticky the darn thing and retitle it "Midseason Prozac" for when all of us get the blues and want to argue over whether Josh Gordon will be coming back anytime soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great thread idea, and I apologize for aiding in its derailment.

I had forgotten about the Andy Lee trade. That should be #1 on the list because there is nothing more "under the radar" than a punter transaction. Getting a mid-rounder for a punter, regardless of how many years away, is a feat unseen in the NFL.

You're a wizard, Sashi.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

I had forgotten about the Andy Lee trade. That should be #1 on the list because there is nothing more "under the radar" than a punter transaction. Getting a mid-rounder for a punter, regardless of how many years away, is a feat unseen in the NFL.

You're a wizard, Sashi.

Yeah the Lee trade was great.

Colquitt had almost the exact same net average and cost us nothing but cap space.

Colquitt's net average was a team record btw.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

You're a wizard, Sashi.

Yeah I almost posted a "woe is me, I'm the victim" meme but decided against it Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: