You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tajae Sharpe 2017 Expectations
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Tajae Sharpe 2017 Expectations Reply with quote

I know that the team selected two WRs this year, but I could also see that as a benefit to Tajae, as he might be open more and could get more TDs this season. Not to mention that he's got a year of experience under his belt and is no longer a rookie.

What do you think his final statline will be this year? Do you think he'll be the team's slot guy / WR3, or will he be trusted enough to man the outside and be the WR2 to Corey Davis' WR1? Do you feel that the needle is still pointing up for him?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that he has virtually no fantasy value. There's almost no chance that he's starting on the outside with Matthews (who vastly outperformed Sharpe last year) and Davis on the roster. Given that he's not all that quick and not a great route runner, I'd say it's a long shot that he's even the slot. My guess is that he ends up as fourth on the depth chart (fifth if we're just talking about pass-catchers given that Delanie is an elite tight end) on a power-run team.

He got a ton of hype last offseason, but I think he's trending downwards. He didn't really show any upper-tier traits last year and we drafted an outside receiver fifth overall and spent a third on a pure slot guy.

Props to mike23md on the sig
Titans001

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll probably be the number two to start out the year and move to the slot one three reciever sets unless Davis and Taylor outperform him enough in the off-season and preseason to put him on the bench. How they finsih the year is really unpredictable at this point though.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tajae should still be a productive WR in this league. He's not the fastest guy but he runs great routes could still be a reliable target on this team. He just won't have huge numbers but the Titans should have a ton of 3 and 4 WR sets with all these additions so he will still find playing time. The only hurdle he has to worry about is that alleged assault thing draft week

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tajae should still be a productive WR in this league. He's not the fastest guy but he runs great routes

Does he though? I remember at least one interception and a number of incompletions that were directly caused by him not coming out of his breaks hard and letting the corner beat him to the football that should have been his.

I just don't think great route runners have sub-50% catch rates.

the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
Tajae should still be a productive WR in this league. He's not the fastest guy but he runs great routes

Does he though? I remember at least one interception and a number of incompletions that were directly caused by him not coming out of his breaks hard and letting the corner beat him to the football that should have been his.

I just don't think great route runners have sub-50% catch rates.

Yeah, I've noticed that about Tajae as well. He needs to come out of his breaks a little harder for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should note that I don't necessarily want to give up on Tajae, I just don't know if the FO/coaching staff has a ton of faith in him as a true starting option moving forward. Rishard Matthews almost had 1,000 yards and scored nine times, Delanie Walker was a Pro Bowler for the second straight year and we just spent a top five pick on another receiver.

In this offense in particular, there are just not an insane amount of targets to go around. Even if we open up the passing game a bit more (which I do think will happen), I just can't envision the fourth or fifth receiving option getting more than 50 targets next year. We only had four players with more than 43 last season, and one of them was DeMarco.

the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I'd say that he has virtually no fantasy value. There's almost no chance that he's starting on the outside with Matthews (who vastly outperformed Sharpe last year) and Davis on the roster. Given that he's not all that quick and not a great route runner, I'd say it's a long shot that he's even the slot. My guess is that he ends up as fourth on the depth chart (fifth if we're just talking about pass-catchers given that Delanie is an elite tight end) on a power-run team.

He got a ton of hype last offseason, but I think he's trending downwards. He didn't really show any upper-tier traits last year and we drafted an outside receiver fifth overall and spent a third on a pure slot guy.

If you all move on from Tajae, then I'm sure there will be plenty of other teams looking to acquire him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

If you all move on from Tajae, then I'm sure there will be plenty of other teams looking to acquire him.
Yeah, I mean, he'll stick around. At the very least, he can be a great fourth receiver and can competently fill in if the rookies take awhile to adjust to the NFL. It's just that, compared to last offseason when he was setting the world on fire, it's probably best to lower expectations and any extra production will just be a bonus.

the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Yeah, I mean, he'll stick around. At the very least, he can be a great fourth receiver and can competently fill in if the rookies take awhile to adjust to the NFL. It's just that, compared to last offseason when he was setting the world on fire, it's probably best to lower expectations and any extra production will just be a bonus.

That's fair.

In other news, I'm interested to see how the civil action against him will play out. Seems like "the victim" just wants money.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

That's fair.

In other news, I'm interested to see how the civil action against him will play out. Seems like "the victim" just wants money.

Yeah, everything about that story seemed fishy. I wouldn't be stunned if it was settled out of court for some small amount just to get rid of it, but I'm not sure I buy it.

the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I know you mentioned his fantasy value, but what do you think of his value in dynasty leagues? In the short-term, the situation might be a bit muddled, but I think he could be halfway decent in the future. I mean, he is only 22 after all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Also, I know you mentioned his fantasy value, but what do you think of his value in dynasty leagues? In the short-term, the situation might be a bit muddled, but I think he could be halfway decent in the future. I mean, he is only 22 after all.
As someone who owns him in a dynasty league, I'm not overly optimistic (shocking, I know). Rishard Matthews is 27 and still has two more years on his deal and obviously we just made a big investment in Corey Davis. It's fully possible that he'll carve out a role for himself, but it's just tough to see a passing offense that ranked 28th in attempts producing three or four quality fantasy options.

I do think that the pass attempts go up this year as Marcus continues to grow, but it would have to be a big increase to make him even a potential WR3.

the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
As someone who owns him in a dynasty league, I'm not overly optimistic (shocking, I know). Rishard Matthews is 27 and still has two more years on his deal and obviously we just made a big investment in Corey Davis. It's fully possible that he'll carve out a role for himself, but it's just tough to see a passing offense that ranked 28th in attempts producing three or four quality fantasy options.

I do think that the pass attempts go up this year as Marcus continues to grow, but it would have to be a big increase to make him even a potential WR3.

Yeah, either that or the defense needs to improve enough to the point where they can get the offense on the field more. Not sure where the team ranked in that regard, but I'm sure there's room for improvement, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get Sharpe on the cheap though I think. 88th pick in this year's rookie draft and at best the 80th pick in next year's draft. Guy really wanted to get rid of him I guess. I'll take a flier on him for sure.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: