Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 Summer Top 50
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tannenballs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: 2018 Summer Top 50 Reply with quote

1. Connor Williams OT Texas
2. Sam Darnold QB USC
3. Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama
4. Derwin James SS FSU
5. Arden Key DE/OLB LSU
6. Saquon Barkley RB Penn State
7.Christian Wilkins DT Clemson
8. Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama
9. Josh Allen QB Wyoming
10. Ronnie Harrison SS Alabama
11. Quenton Nelson OG Notre Dame
12. Derrius Guice RB LSU
13. Tavarus McFadden CB FSU
14. Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
15. Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota State
16. Harold Landry DE/OLB Boston College
17. Malik Jefferson LB Texas
18. Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
19. Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M
20. Derrick Nnadi DT FSU
21. Trey Adams OT Washington
22. Billy Price OG Ohio State
23. Rashaan Evans LB Alabama
24. Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson
25. Nick Chubb RB Georgia
26. Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
27. Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
28. Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
29. Trenton Thompson DT Georgia
30. Jaire Alexander CB Louisville
31. Antonio Callaway WR Florida
32. Sam Hubbard DE/OLB Ohio State
33. Mason Cole OC Michigan
34. Kalen Ballage RB Arizona State
35. Courtland Sutton WR SMU
36. Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech
37. Vita Vea DT Washington
38. Sony Michel RB Georgia
39. Nick DeLuca LB North Dakota State
40. Shaun Dion Hamilton LB Alabama
41. Tony Brown DB Alabama
42. Clayton Thorson QB Northwestern
43. James Washington WR Oklahoma State
44. Terry Beckner DT Missouri
45. Bo Scarbrough RB Alabama
46. Brandon Parker OT North Carolina A&T
47. Luke Falk QB Washington State
48. Chukwuma Okorafor OT Western Michigan
49. Mitch Hyatt OT Clemson
50. Jerome Baker LB Ohio State

Last edited by tannenballs on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're the 2nd person I've seen insanely high on Dallas Goedert. Either you're on to something...or you're crazy Laughing

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a solid chance that QB's go 1,2,3 in the draft. That would be Darnold, Rosen, and Allen and a fair chance that Jackson goes top 10 as well. Of course, Rosen will need to show that his shoulder is completely healed and the other 3 will need very good final seasons.

For me, Orlando Brown is head and shoulders above the other LT prospects in this draft and a solid top 5 pick.

Arden Key is the best defender in this draft and another top 5 candidate.

Finally, Dorance Armstrong of Kansas has a legitimate shot at top 10 consideration.
Top5Fitz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
There is a solid chance that QB's go 1,2,3 in the draft. That would be Darnold, Rosen, and Allen and a fair chance that Jackson goes top 10 as well. Of course, Rosen will need to show that his shoulder is completely healed and the other 3 will need very good final seasons.

For me, Orlando Brown is head and shoulders above the other LT prospects in this draft and a solid top 5 pick.

Finally, Dorance Armstrong of Kansas has a legitimate shot at top 10 consideration.

Derwin > Arden and Minkah

LB Haason Reddick, S Budda Baker, WR Chad Williams, OG Dorian Johnson, OT Will Holden, RB/KR TJ Logan, CB/S Rudy Ford
tannenballs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
You're the 2nd person I've seen insanely high on Dallas Goedert. Either you're on to something...or you're crazy Laughing

That's for you to decide Laughing
tannenballs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew Thomas is a player who can crack this list with a solid final season. His physical talent is off the charts.
brownie man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
Matthew Thomas is a player who can crack this list with a solid final season. His physical talent is off the charts.

Everyone had been waiting for Him to shine.

He finally made some plays last year so I'm hoping he continues to take leaps

But yeah the Arden/Derwin/Minkah debate is tough. Usually I don't like LSU defensive linemen but that guy Arden Key is special. He's Garrett good to me.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
tannenballs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
tannenballs wrote:

But yeah the Arden/Derwin/Minkah debate is tough. Usually I don't like LSU defensive linemen but that guy Arden Key is special. He's Garrett good to me.

For me it comes down to Fitzpatrick's versatility. He's an all-pro talent at either Corner, either Safety, or at nickel.

To have a guy that can plug and play at any spot in the secondary, especially at such a high level is too rare.

Plus Derwin is coming off a knee and Arden Key has an unknown issue...
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top5Fitz wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:

Derwin > Arden and Minkah

Derwin has some health questions to overcome to get into the conversation. Great final season and he could contend, but a Safety is never going to beat out a top sack guy like Arden Key for #1 if his character issues are resolved.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

That's for you to decide Laughing

Being located 45 min from Brookings and a few good friends still living up there after college was concluded, I still make it up for a few games a year, and probably watch 3/4 of their games... Goedert is good, but I would be shocked to see him go that high. Still think Wieneke makes out as the better player in the future.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Arden Key, but I don't think he's Garrett good. He reminds me of Jevon Kearse. Great player, but Garrett has way more tools. Key is not Mingo in terms of power (zero), but he doesn't bend the edge the way Garrett does. Garrett was so strong that he was rarely pushed outwards on his edge blitzes. I still see Key get pushed out past the QB on edge rushes a little bit too much. Again, it's not a major concern, but it's a concern I didn't have with Garrett. Myles is built like a freaking truck. Key is built like Mingo...but is clearly a better player than Bark was.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
brownie man wrote:
tannenballs wrote:

For me it comes down to Fitzpatrick's versatility. He's an all-pro talent at either Corner, either Safety, or at nickel.

To have a guy that can plug and play at any spot in the secondary, especially at such a high level is too rare.

Plus Derwin is coming off a knee and Arden Key has an unknown issue...

Fitzpatrick biggest drawback to me isn't a major one. But he seems to lack a 2nd gear to recover from speedsters. He seems like a Low 4.5 guy when I see him run. So not sure that will effect his stock but it could come up as a question mark down the road.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
tannenballs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I could be a tad low on Cole on this list. I think he's a very good center, but how high can you rank/draft a center?
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
I feel like I could be a tad low on Cole on this list. I think he's a very good center, but how high can you rank/draft a center?
if it helps, he's moving back to left tackle this season

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Ozzy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
I like Arden Key, but I don't think he's Garrett good. He reminds me of Jevon Kearse. Great player, but Garrett has way more tools. Key is not Mingo in terms of power (zero), but he doesn't bend the edge the way Garrett does. Garrett was so strong that he was rarely pushed outwards on his edge blitzes. I still see Key get pushed out past the QB on edge rushes a little bit too much. Again, it's not a major concern, but it's a concern I didn't have with Garrett. Myles is built like a freaking truck. Key is built like Mingo...but is clearly a better player than Bark was.
Arden Key is more of a quick twitch athlete than Myles Garrett. Key has a better get off the ball, played far more intense football than Garrett did this past year and was more aggressive and willing to take contact. Could totally argue Key was better at the point of attack than Garrett was at times despite being a lot lighter. However they do play different positions, Garrett is a down DE ideally where as Key will most likely be a 3/4 OLB. Key is better in space as well and could drop in coverage if need be, Garrett I think would really struggle if asked to cover down field. Only thing Garrett has on Key is weight I feel. Key is longer than Mingo and a better athlete, Key is a far superior prospect in almost every way compared to Mingo. The shoulder surgery and time away from the team for personal reasons is troubling with Key, but if he can stay healthy and get his life back to stable, kid is quite legit as just as talented as Garrett especially as a pass rusher.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: