You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince Williams 2017 Expectations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Vince Williams 2017 Expectations Reply with quote

What do you all expect from him this year? Will he be the starter all year? How many total tackles do you think he will have? How many sacks will he get? Will his play be strong enough this year that he also becomes the starter in 2018? Or will the Steelers opt to sign and/or draft a LB to replace him?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect more of the same:

33% - Oh that's a nice play.
33% - Eh, all LB'ers should make that play
33% - WHF $%*&#($*^@%(*&#)$(@*%&)(#%

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll do well. All his starts last year were out of position. Now that he's playing the BUCK I think he'll have a strong year.

Deadpulse on the sig
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly see him being the weak link of the Defense. I anticipate myself absolutely hating him. I wanted to go after a LB in Free Agency so bad.

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
jcm412

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a 2 down thumper. I expect him to get a good number of tackles. I think he will get pulled on pass downs and given the percentage of time we are in sub packages. I think a better tackling Larry Foote is a could comparison.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect TJ to replace Vince in obvious passing situations. I think Williams will struggle. I'm not sold on him.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Powerslave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
He is a 2 down thumper. I expect him to get a good number of tackles. I think he will get pulled on pass downs and given the percentage of time we are in sub packages. I think a better tackling Larry Foote is a could comparison.

Better than Larry foote?
jcm412

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerslave wrote:
jcm412 wrote:

Better than Larry foote?

I think he s a better tackler. Not better. However, I think he has a similar ceiling to Foote.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince is a great backup, and I see him being a very average starter....maybe below average, depending on how he is used. He is too limited in the passing game.

That being said, I could honestly see TJ Watt going the Timmons route and playing ILB in the long term and flip flopping early on.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Vince is a great backup, and I see him being a very average starter....maybe below average, depending on how he is used. He is too limited in the passing game.

That being said, I could honestly see TJ Watt going the Timmons route and playing ILB in the long term and flip flopping early on.

That would be frustrating as he was supposed to be the answer to the Pass Rush problem nor was ILB a RD 1 need in most people's opinions (not that it matters much). There were arguably better ILBs to be had and perhaps better Rd 1 selections to made instead of a OLB moving to ILB.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he will be an upgrade over Timmons overall. Timmons made some nice plays, but snap by snap his play wasn't what it was way back. VW is a good player, expect a typical year for stats for a true starting ILB. Nothing pro bowl like etc, but a good season.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
he will be an upgrade over Timmons overall. Timmons made some nice plays, but snap by snap his play wasn't what it was way back. VW is a good player, expect a typical year for stats for a true starting ILB. Nothing pro bowl like etc, but a good season.

Meaning VW? No way. I can't see how that can be anyone's POV.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:

I agree. At least he has natural linebacker instincts and knows how to stay home. Timmons coverage was the weak link the last couple years and it was supposed to be the reason why you put up with all the other weaknesses to his game.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
3rivers wrote:

I agree. At least he has natural linebacker instincts and knows how to stay home. Timmons coverage was the weak link the last couple years and it was supposed to be the reason why you put up with all the other weaknesses to his game.

I just don't see it that way. Don't get me wrong. I'm a big Timmons supporter but it's like people are thinking Timmon's deficiencies are adding to VW's ability. Timmons lost 2 steps and is still 2 steps faster than VW. Timmons Pass coverage wasn't very good but he was at least in the vicinity. VW isn't in the same zip code in coverage especially in the Flat. VW is what he is. A 2 down Run stopper. If that's how they intend to use him then that is the ONLY way he is an upgrade over Timmons.
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmons lost a few steps, but I doubt he is faster than VW when considering angles etc. VW is good enough that we shouldn't see a decline at ILB. Now only if Shazier can stay on the field as well as the rest of the front 7 Pray Of course, we still have Butler and Tomlin though Think

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: