You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pff - Breeland top passer rtg as slot corner in NFL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Pff - Breeland top passer rtg as slot corner in NFL Reply with quote

Quote:
One surprising stat shows that Bashaud Breeland may be better suited for the slot

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/one-surprising-stat-shows-bashaud-breeland-may-be-better-suited-slot‬

@PFF
Quote:
Although he played the majority of his snaps outside, when @Bree2Land6 lined up in the slot, he yielded the lowest passer rating in the NFL.

Quote:
This serves as your disclaimer about how PFF stats aren't 100-percent accurate 100-percent of the time, but it's still quite surprising to see No. 26 ranked as the No. 1 slot corner in pro football for last year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting title/quote but im getting a broken link.

If Fuller can play CB#2 the time is NOW to find out if we need to resign Breeland to play slot.

With Norman/Fuller/ Moreau (upon return) we seem to have CB #1/#2 covered. Just depends if Fuller gets a shot at #2 and the slot experiment stops.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Interesting title/quote but im getting a broken link.
I'm not sure what happened with the link, I found it on Twitter, opened it up in the browser and copied and pasted it. You might be able to find the article - which isn't much more than what I posted - on csnmidatlantic.com, on their Twitter page, Facebook page of see the chart on @PFF pro football focuses Twitter.

Quote:
If Fuller can play CB#2 the time is NOW to find out if we need to resign Breeland to play slot.
I think it's possible but IMO unlikely Fuller beats out Breeland. Breeland had an inconsistent injury plagued 2016, but to me that doesn't mean he won't have a better 2017.

I find it highly unlikely we'd be able to keep Bree on some discount rate because he is a good slot corner. Some team is going to pay Bree to be a starter, whether that's us or someone else is tbd.

Quote:
With Norman/Fuller/ Moreau (upon return) we seem to have CB #1/#2 covered. Just depends if Fuller gets a shot at #2 and the slot experiment stops.
Well it depends on if Fuller plays better, Moreau is healthy enough and ready to make an impact - or if he's rusty and not ready like Fuller last year because he may miss all or most of the offseason.

I'm also sure they're not giving up on Fuller as the slot corner because he struggled for a few games there against some if the best slot wrs in the NFL. Fuller was a rookie coming off a serious knee injury this time last year who missed all of his rookie offseason, I think he will only be better at whatever the coaches ask him to do this year.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel Gold NFL Breakdown of Breeland on Antonio Brown:

Really, Breeland did just about as good of a job as you can do on Brown. First TD pass was 4th & 1, Hall gambled on run or short pass to the TE & couldn't recover to Help Bree on Brown in the end zone. Hall left Bree on an island vs the #1 wr in the NFL, I don't like those odds even for Norman. Brown pushed off to get separation on Breeland at the 10, Bree still recovered to almost beak up/ int the pass. Sadly, it went through breelands hands. If he catches that or as Sam says - Bree should have knocked it down - the skins take over on downs and the momentum continues to go stay with the skins.

https://youtu.be/BaJcQoJE0YA

LFOX21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of breeland, we all know that when he's on he can compete with all corners in the league but...... with that said he's in a contract year, I think he bounces back and plays well this season.

Only thing about it is that we have Norman, Fuller, and Moreau locked up for a while. Dunbar I think gets better and gets a two year extension for a team friendly contract, he's gotten better every year, also hearing a lot of good buzz about holsey our 7th round pick

I love breeland but I think his time in Washington is over after this year, I feel he will get pretty good money in FA and I think without him we still have a good core of corners

I expect after next year our corners will be

Norman
Moreau
Fuller
Dunbar
Holsey
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I think the writing is on the wall for Breeland's time here even if he plays up to his potential this season. He probably knows this after seeing us draft Fabian. I hope it lights a fire under him. The best outcome for us is that he balls out this year and we get a 3rd round comp pick for him in 2019.

mike23md on the sig
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a make or break year for Bree. The readskins have invested the past two years on corners. You have to find value with younger players. Bree is going to want to get paid, and you have to make sacrifices to pay your QB and skill players!
Once we get Kirk signed long term and hopefully sign Pryor to a multi year deal deal, we will have to make up the difference with young players like Fuller and Moreau.

(I think Pryor is going to ball out and earn is big contract)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a make or break year for Breeland as a Redskin, but here is a twist people might not be thinking about. Josh Norman could be cut after this season and we'd save $8 million if we released him.

If Breeland balls out and has a great season, it could make sense to cut Norman and re-sign Breeland - if their production/impact is similar - because Breeland should be cheaper than Norman and he's 4 years and 11 months younger than Norman.

LFOX21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really thought about that, if and I mean if! Breeland can produce close to what Norman can and Moreau steps up and turns into a reliable starter I wouldn't mind signing breeland to a reasonable contract and cutting Norman.

Wonder what Norman could fetch on the trade market?
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I think it's a make or break year for Breeland as a Redskin, but here is a twist people might not be thinking about. Josh Norman could be cut after this season and we'd save $8 million if we released him.

If Breeland balls out and has a great season, it could make sense to cut Norman and re-sign Breeland - if their production/impact is similar - because Breeland should be cheaper than Norman and he's 4 years and 11 months younger than Norman.

Norman was not only our best CB.. he was our best defensive player and it wasn't close. Breeland is going to need a career year and Norman is going to need to regress for this to even be plausible.
We would also have a 9 mill dead cap hit in 2018 if we cut Norman. If you add Breelands new deal and the dead cap hit left by cutting Norman you are basically out the same money.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Yes, if Breeland somehow miraculously becomes a top 5 CB it would make sense to cut Norman. Rolling Eyes

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's very unlikely but I'm just saying there is that factor also. I was watching the NFL breakdown by Sam gold last night. I posted one in here of Breeland vs Brown and then the one of Norman vs Beckham in the 1st Giants game is in the NFC East thread and it's a little concerning with Norman's play/free lancing at times.

He lets WRs go uncovered a few times on go rites but once Roethlisberger didn't see it and threw a shorter pass and another time Baker got a sack on Eli. Once he went off his man to go after a shorter crossing route when he hit Sheppard up high and got the personal foul call, but when he did that his man ran wide open up the sidelines but Eli didn't see him. Then, on the pass he broke up and almost intercepted before the half, Beckham beat Norman to the inside but Eli threw it a half second late and allowed Norman to dice for it, knock it down and almost intercept it. That's 4 TDs he could have been responsible for in just 2 games.

If people haven't watched those two links I posted of the games they should. It's concerning.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Norman was not only our best CB.. he was our best defensive player and it wasn't close. Breeland is going to need a career year and Norman is going to need to regress for this to even be plausible.
I think Norman was our best defensive player but I don't think he was light years better than Kerrigan. It's not that Norman will regress quickly, it's that we'd be losing a guy who's about 5 years younger in Breeland who's best days should be infront of him for a player who within a few years will be on the decline. Also, Breeland will cost about 1/2 the price of Norman. Norman costly more than Trent and nearly as much as Cousins and while he's great, he is just a corner, not a QB, LT or even top elite pass rusher.

Quote:
We would also have a 9 mill dead cap hit in 2018 if we cut Norman. If you add Breelands new deal and the dead cap hit left by cutting Norman you are basically out the same money.
I'm going off of "cap savings." Norman's contract is not guaranteed after this season. Allen and Schaffer structured Norman's contract to be able to get out of two years, presumably so they would have room to re-sign Breeland, Long, Moses, Cousins and others long term.

Quote:
Josh Norman signed a five year, $75 million contract with the Washington Redskins on April 22, 2016. Norman received $50 million in guarantees, $36.5 million of which is fully guaranteed at signing. Per Rich Tandler, Norman received a $15 million signing bonus and had both of his 2016 and 2017 base salaried guaranteed. We are estimating that Norman will receive annual $500,000 per game roster bonuses starting in 2017.

https://overthecap.com/player/josh-norman/1177/

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFOX21 wrote:
I never really thought about that, if and I mean if! Breeland can produce close to what Norman can and Moreau steps up and turns into a reliable starter I wouldn't mind signing breeland to a reasonable contract and cutting Norman.

Wonder what Norman could fetch on the trade market?
Trade would make much more sense. Obviously this is all predicated on Breeland having a great 2017, Fuller and Dunbar showing more development his season and Moreau returning from his injury to have an impact.

I think it's more than likely Norman plays out his entire contract and maybe career in DC and Breeland is gone after this season but jus laying out that Norman being gone and Breeland being signed long term in 2018 is a possibility.

lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Norman falls off a cliff, he isn't going anywhere. We just drafted Fuller and Moreau. Breeland is gone after this year no matter what. And we won't get a compensation pick because Bruce will sign some other teams back ups for starter money.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: