You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KC releases Maclin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Last years catch numbers for Maclin were the worst of his career, usually he's very sure-handed.

Bingo. Some are just more looking to be that guy. Maclin had a very impressive no drop streak coming into last year. Had it until the game he got hurt in i think. I dont agree with the timing so i guess we will see how the depth chart shakes out. Solid WR, no doubt imo.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please look closer at Yds/catch while Maclin was with KC. He's got a 12.5 and 12.2 yds ('15, '16). That averages to 12.35 yds. Prior to being with KC, Maclin's worst year was a 12.4 ('12).

I don't think this counts as terribly impressive for Maclin's stay in KC. His 12.4yds/catch amounts to his career worst

But you say '16 tainted his "great" '15 numbers? Well his 12.5 yds. are a career low except his 12.4 in '12. Again, not impressive. Even his rookie season where he's learning the NFL, saw Maclin gain 13.8 yds/catch. Clearly there's been regression in Maclin's game.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Please look closer at Yds/catch while Maclin was with KC. He's got a 12.5 and 12.2 yds ('15, '16). That averages to 12.35 yds. Prior to being with KC, Maclin's worst year was a 12.4 ('12).

I don't think this counts as terribly impressive for Maclin's stay in KC. His 12.4yds/catch amounts to his career worst

But you say '16 tainted his "great" '15 numbers? Well his 12.5 yds. are a career low except his 12.4 in '12. Again, not impressive. Even his rookie season where he's learning the NFL, saw Maclin gain 13.8 yds/catch. Clearly there's been regression in Maclin's game.
His QB might just be to blame I don't know
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

Lol dont waste your time boss. He picks one # and makes that his whole argument.
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

Lol dont waste your time boss. He picks one # and makes that his whole argument.

Both are to blame last year, but Smith definitely didn't help Maclin. He was still getting open.

Smith
Maclin
Lack of progressions in the passing game.

All 3 were reasons for Maclin's poor season last year. Might as well have the cheapest WR core in the league if you aren't gonna use them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget age and mileage. He has definitely lost a step. Maclin is at an age where sharp decline is fairly common. Don't look now, but he's going into year 9. Some players push past the age 30 hump. Speed players not as much.

J

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

I put forth more than 1 example of Maclin's degradation. If yds/catch and catch rate don't measure WR performance, then you'll never see the light.
What info (not excuses) can you share with us that would support Maclin's roster spot?
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

I put forth more than 1 example of Maclin's degradation. If yds/catch and catch rate don't measure WR performance, then you'll never see the light.
What info (not excuses) can you share with us that would support Maclin's roster spot?

So by that metric, Julian Edelman is terrible. Orrrrrr maybe its how a WR is used, maybe? Ever heard of a Z? Nah just pick a number and run with it even though it falls flat instantly. You do this frequently hence why i tend not to waste time with your posts. Like the tackling metric for being a good defense thread was classic proof you fall in love with a number (dont do any research before spouting and proceed to look uninformed).

And dont play the "we" thing cuz its only you.
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

You can't say Alex Smith and the offense isn't a MASSIVE reason for those drop in numbers though.

I agree Maclin wasn't worth what we paid him, but i'd put money that any WR coming to KC would have their lowest Yards/Catch of their career.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyreek Hill is the new number one IMO
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

You can't say Alex Smith and the offense isn't a MASSIVE reason for those drop in numbers though.

I agree Maclin wasn't worth what we paid him, but i'd put money that any WR coming to KC would have their lowest Yards/Catch of their career.

Samsel gets it. This is a WCO in almost its truest form although Tyreek pops the lid off occasionally. Maclin ran tons of slants and sideline out routes by design. You cant tell a story of a WR by his yards per catch its just plain (6 yards here, 9 yards there) foolish and then factor in we have a QB that ranks low in YPA. JMac ran a similar style in Philly until Chip Kelly turned the Offense on its head and Jmac was somewhere in the area of 15 a catch. Its a useless stat if you dont delve into how that WR is used.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Ok, This is what that Arrowhead Pride article insisted. I've gone over that above.

What you don't seem to realize is that blamiing Alex Smith and "checkdown"/progression" is simply blaming coach Reid. Do you really want to go there?? I've made at least faint suggestions regarding Reid before and it's met with derision. So accept the fact Maclin is/was subpar or start calling for a new HC and new offensive system.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is a WCO in almost its truest form although Tyreek pops the lid off occasionally. Maclin ran tons of slants and sideline out routes by design. You cant tell a story of a WR by his yards per catch its just plain (6 yards here, 9 yards there) foolish and then factor in we have a QB that ranks low in YPA. JMac ran a similar style in Philly until Chip Kelly turned the Offense on its head and Jmac was somewhere in the area of 15 a catch. Its a useless stat if you dont delve into how that WR is used.
See above. Lets not make excuses for Maclin's failures please.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again... I shouldve learned my lesson to even bother.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
See above. Lets not make excuses for Maclin's failures please.

Indeed, since he did not fail.

For the record, Alex Smith does not rank low in YPA. Not elite, but solid. Teamwise we were #15, tied with the Packers and right behind the Steelers. The YPC was lower than most, but a higher completion rate makes up the difference. For comparison, Oakland was #20. Best in division was SD at #9.

J

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: