You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs release Jeremy Maclin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
but they haven't been the NFL's doormat the last 15 years either like the Dolphins largely have

They've won less than 7 games 4 times since 2000.. a yearly average of 7.7 wins.. let's not act like we're the Browns or anything Smile
Fair enough, but I guess it depends where you set the bar.

Depends where you set the doormat bar? I think that is pretty much established as the bottom dwellers.
Danand

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a raven fan commenting on this probably being the best receiving core we have had.

The grotesque thing is, that he is probably right. Baring injuries, we have 2 veterans who are not past their prime, a promising receiver in Chris Moore, a fast awkward athlete who made at least one smart move by shaving his head. A group of tight ends with potential and a pass catching back.

We are no where near what the Steelers, Bucs, Bengals and Falcons have, but this could very well be the best group we fielded. (it is almost sad how bad we have been at providing great weapons for our quarterbacks.)

With regard to Macklin, I believe he could be the Derrick Mason type of addition to our offense. That is something we sorely needed, and while I believe Decker would have been the better fit, I think Macklin provide a more dynamic skillset which we need when we face the Steelers and Bengals.
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
but they haven't been the NFL's doormat the last 15 years either like the Dolphins largely have

They've won less than 7 games 4 times since 2000.. a yearly average of 7.7 wins.. let's not act like we're the Browns or anything Smile

Depends where you set the doormat bar? I think that is pretty much established as the bottom dwellers.
Still depends. Doormat to some people can mean a team that hasn't made the playoffs in X amount of years, while it could simply mean a team that struggles to get 5 wins for a few years.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

Still depends. Doormat to some people can mean a team that hasn't made the playoffs in X amount of years, while it could simply mean a team that struggles to get 5 wins for a few years.

No. "The NFL's doormat" carries the implication of one of the worst teams in the league. It doesn't mean middle of the pack.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

No. "The NFL's doormat" carries the implication of one of the worst teams in the league. It doesn't mean middle of the pack.

I agree with Johnny Si....cddolphin.

As it stands Maclin is the #3 receiver right? He needs to beat Breshad Perriman out to start?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

... and hence why I was defending the Dolphins.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
golfer1738

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

As it stands Maclin is the #3 receiver right? He needs to beat Breshad Perriman out to start?

I don't think there'd really be a #1/#2/#3 order.

And honestly, Maclin/Wallace would likely be considered the top 2 until Perriman proves he belongs up there.
OleXmad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

I agree with Johnny Si....cddolphin.

I doubt there really is going to be a #1 WR in the ravens offense, they'll spread the ball to Wallace/Maclin an equal amount. Perriman will be the deep threat but he could easily get the most targets if he proves himself in camp.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

And I'm not really here to debate it. Believe what you want. Miami has averaged just over 7 wins a year since they last made the playoffs 8 years ago. And they haven't won a playoff game since 2000. That's pretty much doormat territory to me. I'm guessing you believe otherwise.

Last edited by PapaShogun on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

... and hence why I was defending the Dolphins.

Which was before I even used the term doormat. Very Happy

Forge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeremy Maclin was surprised by how the Kansas City Chiefs told him he was being released, a move that came after a season in which he played through an injury for most of it.

The veteran wide receiver told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on his Know Them From Adam podcast that he played most of last season with a torn groin and that Chiefs general manager John Dorsey left a voicemail to inform him that the team was releasing him.

Ouch. Plays through torn groin, postpones honeymoon, cut via Voicemail.

Cold Blooded Mr. Dorsey Laughing

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

And I'm not really here to debate it. Believe what you want. Miami has averaged just over 7 wins a year since they last made the playoffs 8 years ago. And they haven't won a playoff game since 2000. That's pretty much doormat territory to me. I'm guessing you believe otherwise.

The doormat is at the bottom, obviously. As long as there aren't teams that have been worse than the Dolphins, then yeah they are doormats.

As a Browns fan who has to look up to see the Dolphins it seems unlikely they are at the bottom. They are the doorknobs of the league. Pretty much halfway up the door.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Quote:
Jeremy Maclin was surprised by how the Kansas City Chiefs told him he was being released, a move that came after a season in which he played through an injury for most of it.

The veteran wide receiver told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on his Know Them From Adam podcast that he played most of last season with a torn groin and that Chiefs general manager John Dorsey left a voicemail to inform him that the team was releasing him.

Strikes me more as the Chiefs being unprofessional and cowardly. Can't look the man in the eye while firing him.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Forge wrote:
Quote:

Strikes me more as the Chiefs being unprofessional and cowardly. Can't look the man in the eye while firing him.

I suspect Mr. Hunt look Mr. Dorsey in the eye when he fired him.

J

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: