Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs release Jeremy Maclin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12763
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I'm not a Steelers fan. Used to be though


I didn't realize we had female posters on this site
_________________
Bednarik60 wrote:
Also you should get the ban hammer for being against Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawerence gifs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 63616
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
I'm not a Steelers fan. Used to be though


I didn't realize we had female posters on this site


Bandwagon fan.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 8090
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
We can think what we want. You don't have to agree.


wackywabbit wrote:
We can think what we want. You don't have to agree.

I'm telling you that's what the expectations are for this team internally though. Less than winning the division/making AFC champ game will be a disappointing season for the FO, coaching staff, and all the players who signed here because they feel this team is going to compete.


So... "I can't defend my hot take that we're better than all these teams who have won significantly more games than us, but you don't have to agree"

Great. If you think a team that can't even get a wild card, and has combined for 13 wins in the last 2 years is gonna compete to even get into the AFC title game... yeah good luck with that.

M.10.E wrote:

TL;DR - the Pats are the only Superbowl contender in the AFC until proven otherwise. Get out of my face Chiefs, Steelers, Raiders fans until you actually challenge the Patriots.


You write garbage like this and you don't think you'll get flak for it? Laughing

[quote="M.10.E"]
Broncofan wrote:


I just hate when people bring up 8-8 when they watched maybe one Ravens game all year.


Congratulations, you've won 13 games in the last 2 years with a 2-5 record against playoff teams last year. The Raiders at one point were the #1 seed in the AFC. The Steelers make the playoffs every year and will have Martavis Bryant and a non-suspended Bell for 16 games.

Kansas City was right there as well, and they HANDLED the patriots a few years ago.

Don't think you're special when you played new england close: Teams that lost a one score game vs new england last year:

Jets, Dolphins, Cardinals, Ravens. Clearly, one of these teams stands out as an AFC title game contender next year.

Rolling Eyes

And to get back to Maclin, I don't see Maclin, a good receiver, magically change any of the stuff I've mentioned above. Does Maclin suddenly close the gap with all those other teams? Laughing There is a clear talent gap between Baltimore and Pittsburgh and KC. I'll be nice and say that Oakland "isn't", even though we had 6/7 pro bowlers last year.

I'm not even saying not to be optimistic. I'd be fired up if my team needed receiver help and signed Maclin.

But the arrogance to suggest that somehow KC and Pittsburgh aren't clearly on a different level from Baltimore is astounding. As a Raiders fan, I can't believe I have to defend the Chiefs, but this is a joke.
_________________
Danand wrote:
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11976
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
We can think what we want. You don't have to agree.

I'm telling you that's what the expectations are for this team internally though. Less than winning the division/making AFC champ game will be a disappointing season for the FO, coaching staff, and all the players who signed here because they feel this team is going to compete.


So... "I can't defend my hot take that we're better than all these teams who have won significantly more games than us, but you don't have to agree"

Great. If you think a team that can't even get a wild card, and has combined for 13 wins in the last 2 years is gonna compete to even get into the AFC title game... yeah good luck with that.


Sig bet? More total wins (regular season + playoff) in 2017. Ravens vs Raiders. Bet off if starting QB misses more than 1 game due to injury. Sig of choice (nothing gross like the homophobic ones that probably break forum rules) from offseason until draft week.

Back up your talk or stop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 8090
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
We can think what we want. You don't have to agree.

I'm telling you that's what the expectations are for this team internally though. Less than winning the division/making AFC champ game will be a disappointing season for the FO, coaching staff, and all the players who signed here because they feel this team is going to compete.


So... "I can't defend my hot take that we're better than all these teams who have won significantly more games than us, but you don't have to agree"

Great. If you think a team that can't even get a wild card, and has combined for 13 wins in the last 2 years is gonna compete to even get into the AFC title game... yeah good luck with that.


Sig bet? More total wins (regular season + playoff) in 2017. Ravens vs Raiders. Bet off if starting QB misses more than 1 game due to injury. Sig of choice (nothing gross like the homophobic ones that probably break forum rules) from offseason until draft week.

Back up your talk or stop.


Sure, I'm down. I have no problem with it.
_________________
Danand wrote:
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Third Rider


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 11112
Location: Deflating Footballs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that week 5 game is going to be hyped around here. Lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 8090
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third Rider wrote:
I guess that week 5 game is going to be hyped around here. Lol


I actually didn't even see that we were playing you guys next year Laughing . GL. I gotta pay more attention now because of this sig bet.
_________________
Danand wrote:
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23555
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
I'm not a Steelers fan. Used to be though


I didn't realize we had female posters on this site


Bandwagon fan.


I was a fan because I live in the same city, and followed them until 2012.

So I guess from 05-12 you could say that but I don't follow them anymore. I only follow the Vikings.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sessy


Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 175
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is no other Raven fan going to say that, the Ravens 2 years ago had essentially lost their entire offense and a good portion of their defense to injury, and that accordingly the 2015/16 season was closer to an anomaly than consistent data? I bring it up because I've seen a bunch of people using the "in the last 2 seasons" statistics as if that season was relevant to the current group. For reference, here are the list of starters who were on the 2015 team that are still on the 2017 team:

Offense:
Joe Flacco
Marshal Yanda
Crockett Gilmore

Defense:
Brandon Williams
Lardarius Webb (probably not a starter now, but still worth a mention)
Terrell Suggs
Jimmy Smith
CJ Mosley

Of those, Flacco, Gilmore, and Suggs missed significant time due to injuries that year. To me, the 2015 squad is statistically irrelevant. Too much roster turnover/injuries for that team to matter. Look, the Ravens this year have a lot to overcome to be a super bowl contender. Flacco was flat out bad last year. The o-line is as shaky and thin as I can remember. The defense is going to rely on a lot of fresh faces and young players to step it up and perform. Our offensive coordinator demonstrated some of the worst play design and gameplanning I've ever seen. Our defensive cooridinator is, somehow, worse than the offensive coordinator. With that all being said, I'm of the opinion that the AFC is wafer thin for top contenders. It's the Pats and the rest, and no, I don't think teams like the Steelers, Chiefs, and Raiders are that different than teams like the Texans, Ravens, Broncos, and Dolphins. The Raiders are the biggest question mark I have because they didn't get a chance to prove it last year with the Carr injury, but with the Chiefs and the Steelers, I don't see super bowl teams at all. I see excellent regular season teams that fold in the playoffs. Sorry, but I do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 8090
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sessy wrote:
So is no other Raven fan going to say that, the Ravens 2 years ago had essentially lost their entire offense and a good portion of their defense to injury, and that accordingly the 2015/16 season was closer to an anomaly than consistent data? I bring it up because I've seen a bunch of people using the "in the last 2 seasons" statistics as if that season was relevant to the current group. For reference, here are the list of starters who were on the 2015 team that are still on the 2017 team:

Offense:
Joe Flacco
Marshal Yanda
Crockett Gilmore

Defense:
Brandon Williams
Lardarius Webb (probably not a starter now, but still worth a mention)
Terrell Suggs
Jimmy Smith
CJ Mosley

Of those, Flacco, Gilmore, and Suggs missed significant time due to injuries that year. To me, the 2015 squad is statistically irrelevant. Too much roster turnover/injuries for that team to matter. Look, the Ravens this year have a lot to overcome to be a super bowl contender. Flacco was flat out bad last year. The o-line is as shaky and thin as I can remember. The defense is going to rely on a lot of fresh faces and young players to step it up and perform. Our offensive coordinator demonstrated some of the worst play design and gameplanning I've ever seen. Our defensive cooridinator is, somehow, worse than the offensive coordinator. With that all being said, I'm of the opinion that the AFC is wafer thin for top contenders. It's the Pats and the rest, and no, I don't think teams like the Steelers, Chiefs, and Raiders are that different than teams like the Texans, Ravens, Broncos, and Dolphins. The Raiders are the biggest question mark I have because they didn't get a chance to prove it last year with the Carr injury, but with the Chiefs and the Steelers, I don't see super bowl teams at all. I see excellent regular season teams that fold in the playoffs. Sorry, but I do.


I actually agree with how honest most of this take is.

Also, where are you getting this "fold" stuff? Yeah, the Steelers crapped the bed in the AFC championship game, but they also have much better, reliable qb play. The Chiefs have showed the ability to hang with the patriots and beat them in the regular season. The Dolphins have played the patriots tough before. Even Denver can definitely give New England a run for their money. I don't know how everyone is getting all this "teams just fold in the playoffs" thing.

Is this a "patriots" thing? I'm pretty confused.
_________________
Danand wrote:
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sessy


Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 175
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Sessy wrote:
So is no other Raven fan going to say that, the Ravens 2 years ago had essentially lost their entire offense and a good portion of their defense to injury, and that accordingly the 2015/16 season was closer to an anomaly than consistent data? I bring it up because I've seen a bunch of people using the "in the last 2 seasons" statistics as if that season was relevant to the current group. For reference, here are the list of starters who were on the 2015 team that are still on the 2017 team:

Offense:
Joe Flacco
Marshal Yanda
Crockett Gilmore

Defense:
Brandon Williams
Lardarius Webb (probably not a starter now, but still worth a mention)
Terrell Suggs
Jimmy Smith
CJ Mosley

Of those, Flacco, Gilmore, and Suggs missed significant time due to injuries that year. To me, the 2015 squad is statistically irrelevant. Too much roster turnover/injuries for that team to matter. Look, the Ravens this year have a lot to overcome to be a super bowl contender. Flacco was flat out bad last year. The o-line is as shaky and thin as I can remember. The defense is going to rely on a lot of fresh faces and young players to step it up and perform. Our offensive coordinator demonstrated some of the worst play design and gameplanning I've ever seen. Our defensive cooridinator is, somehow, worse than the offensive coordinator. With that all being said, I'm of the opinion that the AFC is wafer thin for top contenders. It's the Pats and the rest, and no, I don't think teams like the Steelers, Chiefs, and Raiders are that different than teams like the Texans, Ravens, Broncos, and Dolphins. The Raiders are the biggest question mark I have because they didn't get a chance to prove it last year with the Carr injury, but with the Chiefs and the Steelers, I don't see super bowl teams at all. I see excellent regular season teams that fold in the playoffs. Sorry, but I do.


I actually agree with how honest most of this take is.

Also, where are you getting this "fold" stuff? Yeah, the Steelers crapped the bed in the AFC championship game, but they also have much better, reliable qb play. The Chiefs have showed the ability to hang with the patriots and beat them in the regular season. The Dolphins have played the patriots tough before. Even Denver can definitely give New England a run for their money. I don't know how everyone is getting all this "teams just fold in the playoffs" thing.

Is this a "patriots" thing? I'm pretty confused.


With the "fold" comment, I was specifically referring to the Chiefs and the Steelers. Just my observation, but those two are teams that throughout the regular season look fantastic, but come playoff time they generally play way sloppier and often times more conservatively and just lose because of it. There are certain teams that, come playoff time, play their absolute best ball for some reason. Patriots are one of those teams unfortunately. Other examples include the Ravens, Broncos, and Giants of the past. Those teams seem to kick it into another gear and play above their pay grade if you will. Other teams just kinda don't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15320
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sessy wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Sessy wrote:
So is no other Raven fan going to say that, the Ravens 2 years ago had essentially lost their entire offense and a good portion of their defense to injury, and that accordingly the 2015/16 season was closer to an anomaly than consistent data? I bring it up because I've seen a bunch of people using the "in the last 2 seasons" statistics as if that season was relevant to the current group. For reference, here are the list of starters who were on the 2015 team that are still on the 2017 team:

Offense:
Joe Flacco
Marshal Yanda
Crockett Gilmore

Defense:
Brandon Williams
Lardarius Webb (probably not a starter now, but still worth a mention)
Terrell Suggs
Jimmy Smith
CJ Mosley

Of those, Flacco, Gilmore, and Suggs missed significant time due to injuries that year. To me, the 2015 squad is statistically irrelevant. Too much roster turnover/injuries for that team to matter. Look, the Ravens this year have a lot to overcome to be a super bowl contender. Flacco was flat out bad last year. The o-line is as shaky and thin as I can remember. The defense is going to rely on a lot of fresh faces and young players to step it up and perform. Our offensive coordinator demonstrated some of the worst play design and gameplanning I've ever seen. Our defensive cooridinator is, somehow, worse than the offensive coordinator. With that all being said, I'm of the opinion that the AFC is wafer thin for top contenders. It's the Pats and the rest, and no, I don't think teams like the Steelers, Chiefs, and Raiders are that different than teams like the Texans, Ravens, Broncos, and Dolphins. The Raiders are the biggest question mark I have because they didn't get a chance to prove it last year with the Carr injury, but with the Chiefs and the Steelers, I don't see super bowl teams at all. I see excellent regular season teams that fold in the playoffs. Sorry, but I do.


I actually agree with how honest most of this take is.

Also, where are you getting this "fold" stuff? Yeah, the Steelers crapped the bed in the AFC championship game, but they also have much better, reliable qb play. The Chiefs have showed the ability to hang with the patriots and beat them in the regular season. The Dolphins have played the patriots tough before. Even Denver can definitely give New England a run for their money. I don't know how everyone is getting all this "teams just fold in the playoffs" thing.

Is this a "patriots" thing? I'm pretty confused.


With the "fold" comment, I was specifically referring to the Chiefs and the Steelers. Just my observation, but those two are teams that throughout the regular season look fantastic, but come playoff time they generally play way sloppier and often times more conservatively and just lose because of it. There are certain teams that, come playoff time, play their absolute best ball for some reason. Patriots are one of those teams unfortunately. Other examples include the Ravens, Broncos, and Giants of the past. Those teams seem to kick it into another gear and play above their pay grade if you will. Other teams just kinda don't.


Yeah, the Steelers are 3-2 in the playoffs the last 2 seasons the Ravens are undefeated.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sessy


Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 175
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Sessy wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Sessy wrote:
So is no other Raven fan going to say that, the Ravens 2 years ago had essentially lost their entire offense and a good portion of their defense to injury, and that accordingly the 2015/16 season was closer to an anomaly than consistent data? I bring it up because I've seen a bunch of people using the "in the last 2 seasons" statistics as if that season was relevant to the current group. For reference, here are the list of starters who were on the 2015 team that are still on the 2017 team:

Offense:
Joe Flacco
Marshal Yanda
Crockett Gilmore

Defense:
Brandon Williams
Lardarius Webb (probably not a starter now, but still worth a mention)
Terrell Suggs
Jimmy Smith
CJ Mosley

Of those, Flacco, Gilmore, and Suggs missed significant time due to injuries that year. To me, the 2015 squad is statistically irrelevant. Too much roster turnover/injuries for that team to matter. Look, the Ravens this year have a lot to overcome to be a super bowl contender. Flacco was flat out bad last year. The o-line is as shaky and thin as I can remember. The defense is going to rely on a lot of fresh faces and young players to step it up and perform. Our offensive coordinator demonstrated some of the worst play design and gameplanning I've ever seen. Our defensive cooridinator is, somehow, worse than the offensive coordinator. With that all being said, I'm of the opinion that the AFC is wafer thin for top contenders. It's the Pats and the rest, and no, I don't think teams like the Steelers, Chiefs, and Raiders are that different than teams like the Texans, Ravens, Broncos, and Dolphins. The Raiders are the biggest question mark I have because they didn't get a chance to prove it last year with the Carr injury, but with the Chiefs and the Steelers, I don't see super bowl teams at all. I see excellent regular season teams that fold in the playoffs. Sorry, but I do.


I actually agree with how honest most of this take is.

Also, where are you getting this "fold" stuff? Yeah, the Steelers crapped the bed in the AFC championship game, but they also have much better, reliable qb play. The Chiefs have showed the ability to hang with the patriots and beat them in the regular season. The Dolphins have played the patriots tough before. Even Denver can definitely give New England a run for their money. I don't know how everyone is getting all this "teams just fold in the playoffs" thing.

Is this a "patriots" thing? I'm pretty confused.


With the "fold" comment, I was specifically referring to the Chiefs and the Steelers. Just my observation, but those two are teams that throughout the regular season look fantastic, but come playoff time they generally play way sloppier and often times more conservatively and just lose because of it. There are certain teams that, come playoff time, play their absolute best ball for some reason. Patriots are one of those teams unfortunately. Other examples include the Ravens, Broncos, and Giants of the past. Those teams seem to kick it into another gear and play above their pay grade if you will. Other teams just kinda don't.


Yeah, the Steelers are 3-2 in the playoffs the last 2 seasons the Ravens are undefeated.


Well, I can't argue that the Ravens haven't made it to the postseason the last two years. Anything I could say that along the lines of "the ravens would have done just as good if not better if we had gotten in the playoffs" would be merely conjecture and opinion, and kudos to Pitt, because they earned those opportunities where we didn't, but I will say this, the Steelers 3 wins the last two years have come against a Dolphins team that didn't have their starting QB, a Chiefs team who I also mentioned tends to under-perform in the playoffs, and the Bengals, who are essentially a free win since they haven't been able to muster a playoff win in decades. Both the Chief's game and the Bengal game the Steelers tried like hell to give away with sloppy play and blown chances, but the other team simply stumbled harder. The Bengal game in particular was one of the worst games from a discipline standpoint I've seen, and that was coming from both teams.

Trust me, I actually rooted for Pitt vs the Pats last year. I'd much rather have the Steelers win the bowl than New England, and that's saying something. And yes Pats fans, it's because I'm super jelly. Willing to admit that, but I really really hate your team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11976
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Yeah, the Steelers are 3-2 in the playoffs the last 2 seasons the Ravens are undefeated.


And the year before that what happened when they met in the playoffs?

What am I saying. I forgot that absolutely nothing changes in 2 years, but everything changes in 3 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15320
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Yeah, the Steelers are 3-2 in the playoffs the last 2 seasons the Ravens are undefeated.


And the year before that what happened when they met in the playoffs?

What am I saying. I forgot that absolutely nothing changes in 2 years, but everything changes in 3 years.


They won and that put them at 1-3 against the Steelers in the playoffs?
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group