You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA's and Training Camp Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookies reporting today!!!

We are so close to get excited about players performing well, so close to get our hearts broken because of injuries.

We are so close to hyping players who will never see the field, and to curse the decision to keep players we see no value in whatsoever.

Also, it will keep me out of NFL General, which I really look forward to. I forgot how bad that place is.
M.10.E

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:

Also, it will keep me out of NFL General, which I really look forward to. I forgot how bad that place is.
We gotta find Flacco's replacement tho.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.10.E wrote:
Danand wrote:

We gotta find Flacco's replacement tho.

Touché, the difference in 0,3 YPA convinced me Flacco doesn't have what it takes. So stupid of me. Better tank the season, as we are not going to get anywhere with that guy.
Danand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we get way to excited, I actually don't think we drafted a single starter this year.

Humphrey shouldn't start, and I understand why several of us didn't like the pick. He could be a really good special teamer though.

Tyus Bowser should be a good rotational player early in his career, but I doubt what he will bring is something which would show up much on the stat sheet.

Chris Wormley might end up being the pick who produces the most, but will still be a rotational player on the dline.

Tim Williams smells like a 4-5 sacks in his rookie year, where he will see limited snaps.

Siragusa should also be a rotational player on the inside. I could see him turning in to a nice surprise late in the season.

Jermaine Illuminato, doubt we will see much from him.

Chuck Clark should only make the roster in case an Anthony Levine gets injured.
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bowser has a decent chance of at least starting multiple games this year, if not all of them. His major competition at SOLB is Albert McClellan after all...
Danand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
I think Bowser has a decent chance of at least starting multiple games this year, if not all of them. His major competition at SOLB is Albert McClellan after all...

I think Judon would be the first guy he had to push. What they do with McClellan is going to be interesting, because he is a good player at what he does, but not a gamechanger. If they keep him, they have to cut one of the younger guys.
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:

I think Judon would be the first guy he had to push. What they do with McClellan is going to be interesting, because he is a good player at what he does, but not a gamechanger. If they keep him, they have to cut one of the younger guys.

1) McClellan technically started the most games at that position last year

2) I hope they don't try to force Judon into an every-down SOLB role. He doesn't have the movement skills to go out into coverage as much as would be needed in that role. Bowser is much better suited to that role.
Danand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:

2) I hope they don't try to force Judon into an every-down SOLB role. He doesn't have the movement skills to go out into coverage as much as would be needed in that role. Bowser is much better suited to that role.

Well I agree with you, but I think our approach would be a little more traditional - play the run first with McClellan/Judon and then rotate some guy in depending on down and distance.
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:
Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:

Well I agree with you, but I think our approach would be a little more traditional - play the run first with McClellan/Judon and then rotate some guy in depending on down and distance.

Which is the stupid thing to do considering every team passed on 1st down more than they ran the ball last season
Danand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:
Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:

Which is the stupid thing to do considering no team in the NFL even ran more on 1st down that they passed it [url=last year]http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs[/url]

And this is where a DC/the coaching staff would come up with an explanation like "we give them a run defense look, and then play a cover 2 man with a 4 man rush and try to force them to checkdown, and we have a 2 down 7 yard look". "If they try to run, we are prepared for it and can stop them short".
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:

Not really. The team can keep them all on the 53-man roster pretty easily, and McClellan can play ILB in a pinch too so he'll cover part of the depth chart there too. With Mosley, Correa, and maybe Onwuasor as the only guys there having all of Suggs, Judon, Bowser, Williams, Smith, and McClellan at OLB makes sense.
Ravens-01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very surprised to read the Ravens are interested in running back Rashad Jennings. I thought West, Woodhead and most likely Buck Allen would hold down the fort until Kenneth Dixon returns. I wonder if this is a wake-up call to West, who showed up to OTA's overweight or Dixon, because his next violation is a year long suspension.
paraven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 38m38 minutes ago
More
The belief is Dixon has torn meniscus, an injury that will obviously sideline him for a while. But again, he's suspended for first 4 games

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 33m33 minutes ago
More
Meniscus tears are usually about a 6-to-8 week injury. But it depends on severity of tear in Dixon's case.

Well that sucks, but At least his recovery time will coincide with his suspension. Dixon has had to many knee injuries in his young career

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 1h1 hour ago
More
Per sources, the Ravens are planning to sign RB Bobby Rainey who was with them earlier in his career. They wanted more RB depth.

Id rather then bring in Deangelo Williams..
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade for Carlos Hyde.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 36m36 minutes ago
More
Source: #Ravens RB Kenneth Dixon will be out for the season. He had his medial meniscus repaired today - not trimmed. Out 4-5 months. Brutal

Sigh... Looks like West and Woodhead will be the 1-2 "punch" all season. I still think Taliaferro is the best pure runner on the roster though. And he can block. But can he stay healthy...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: