You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA's and Training Camp Notes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ravens-01


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 232
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: OTA's and Training Camp Notes Reply with quote

I have read reports about the shuffling between Urschel and Jensen swap at center. The depth at corner and tight end. The Max Williams, Tavon Young injuries and Brashad Perriman catches. What about the line? Who is starting for Lawrence Guy at the 5 Technique? How has Hurst looked at right tackle?

If anyone hears or sees other updates, please share on this thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1060
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp Notes Reply with quote

Ravens-01 wrote:
I have read reports about the shuffling between Urschel and Jensen swap at center. The depth at corner and tight end. The Max Williams, Tavon Young injuries and Brashad Perriman catches. What about the line? Who is starting for Lawrence Guy at the 5 Technique? How has Hurst looked at right tackle?

If anyone hears or sees other updates, please share on this thread.


I could see us go with the "heavy" front of Wormley, Williams, Pierce and then subbing in whoever. Urban and Kaufusi can really offer something special just due to their length. Think last years first game against the Bengals where our pass rush played the deflection game perfectly.

I think Kaufusi was a somewhat underrated pick last year, as he had a physical skillset we didn't have already at DE.
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live shot of James Hurst at right tackle:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful, awful news for Pitta. Hate to see that happen to him again after fighting through everything and playing every game last season. I know I've balked against him being Flacco's lock-on target this upcoming season but you never want this to happen to any player. Such a terrible way to probably end his career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 34379
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just cancel OTA's or what
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 3h3 hours ago

As suspected, doctors confirmed Ravens TE Dennis Pitta dislocated his hip at OTAs today, source says. Tough news.


Quote:
Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 3h3 hours ago

Docs working to put hip in. No long-term decision made yet but figure Pitta retires. Came back to lead TEs in recs in '16. Set financially.


Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 3h3 hours ago

Ravens TE Dennis Pitta dislocated his hip, per source. Surgery likely at some point. Career in jeopardy. Led all TEs in catches last year.


Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 3h3 hours ago

Can confirm that Dennis Pitta dislocated his hip. No rash decisions will be made but Dennis nearly didn't come back from 2nd dislocation


I think everybody is expecting this to be the end of Pitta's career. And it should be. No sense in trying to come back again and damaging his hip even further... if that's possible at this point.

Man, Dennis had one of those "what could have been" careers. Barely played his first season, split time with Ed Dickson his second season, broke out his third season, and then his hip got hurt. Missed a year and then his hip got hurt again. Came back for a mostly solid last season, only to injure the hip for a third time.

Awful for him, and such a crappy situation for the Ravens after giving him that new contract before his first hip injury, but he has his money now and should look to his own health. I don't like having that viewpoint but it's just not worth it anymore. Good luck to Dennis going forward. Everything points to him being a really good guy and he was a joy to watch when healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paraven


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 261
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 3h3 hours ago

As suspected, doctors confirmed Ravens TE Dennis Pitta dislocated his hip at OTAs today, source says. Tough news.


Quote:
Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 3h3 hours ago

Docs working to put hip in. No long-term decision made yet but figure Pitta retires. Came back to lead TEs in recs in '16. Set financially.


Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 3h3 hours ago

Ravens TE Dennis Pitta dislocated his hip, per source. Surgery likely at some point. Career in jeopardy. Led all TEs in catches last year.


Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 3h3 hours ago

Can confirm that Dennis Pitta dislocated his hip. No rash decisions will be made but Dennis nearly didn't come back from 2nd dislocation


I think everybody is expecting this to be the end of Pitta's career. And it should be. No sense in trying to come back again and damaging his hip even further... if that's possible at this point.

Man, Dennis had one of those "what could have been" careers. Barely played his first season, split time with Ed Dickson his second season, broke out his third season, and then his hip got hurt. Missed a year and then his hip got hurt again. Came back for a mostly solid last season, only to injure the hip for a third time.

Awful for him, and such a crappy situation for the Ravens after giving him that new contract before his first hip injury, but he has his money now and should look to his own health. I don't like having that viewpoint but it's just not worth it anymore. Good luck to Dennis going forward. Everything points to him being a really good guy and he was a joy to watch when healthy.


plus was a huge contributor in a superbowl. he accomplished a lot more then most healthy players in the nfl do. he should count his blessings and ride of in the sunset.

I could see him returning as a TE coach though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Groink


Joined: 30 Dec 2014
Posts: 477
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad. OTAs have not been kind to the Ravens the past few years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravens-01


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 232
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Pitta. One of my favorite Ravens ever but I am totally confused by the local coverage. Almost every local writer stated how the Pitta loss was a huge blow to the offense. However these were the same writers that crushed the Ravens draft for not selecting O.J. Howard. We heard how Pitta loss his explosion, averaged few yards per catch and no yards after the catch. Then we lose Pitta, and the offense is doomed. I feel really bad for Pitta but if the Ravens are doomed because we lost Pitta then we have huge issues. He was hurt 2 of the last 3 seasons. The Ravens drafted Boyle, Williams, Gilmore and Waller for a reason. It's time for the TE coach to get something out of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
edmund_jags


Joined: 21 Apr 2017
Posts: 97
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens-01 wrote:
I love Pitta. One of my favorite Ravens ever but I am totally confused by the local coverage. Almost every local writer stated how the Pitta loss was a huge blow to the offense. However these were the same writers that crushed the Ravens draft for not selecting O.J. Howard. We heard how Pitta loss his explosion, averaged few yards per catch and no yards after the catch. Then we lose Pitta, and the offense is doomed. I feel really bad for Pitta but if the Ravens are doomed because we lost Pitta then we have huge issues. He was hurt 2 of the last 3 seasons. The Ravens drafted Boyle, Williams, Gilmore and Waller for a reason. It's time for the TE coach to get something out of them.


It's just the sky is falling media as always.

Had we drafted OJ Howard instead of Humphries all we'd hear is "the Ravens are screwed at CB because they took yet another TE instead of a position of need".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paraven


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 261
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Ravens instituted some changes in the trenches this offseason. After primarily using a zone-blocking system over the last three years, they’re now moving to straight-ahead blocking style, and reporters get the sense that the linemen like the move.

Ravens want to be more of a north-south running team and not be so predictable w/their running plays. Welcome change among O-linemen

— Jeff Zrebiec (@jeffzrebiecsun) June 15, 2017


I like it, suits what we have on the O line better then the finesse of a ZBS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a significant change. Being predictable is one of the major gripes I've had with the running game over the last few years.

Not a good thing for Urschel though. He doesn't get much push. Jensen sounds more and more like the better fit as time goes on.

It's going to suck for Siragusa if Lewis sticks at left guard. As of yet it doesn't sound like the team is moving him to right tackle and I really don't want to waste Nico by trying to convert him to center. Good centers are actually centers, not guards masquerading as centers. Yanda isn't close enough to retirement to hope he's the eventual successor at right guard either. At least not somebody who should be able to see the field sooner rather than later. Projecting Eluemunor as his replacement is fine since he has so much to develop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravens-01


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 232
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might sound nuts, but I believe the Ravens had a plan for the offensive line before the draft. Marshal Yanda will be the starting right tackle but has been recovering from a shoulder surgery. Eluemunor will be the starting right guard. If Alex Lewis moved to center then Siragusa would take over at left guard. If not then the rotation of Stanley, Lewis and Siragusa would hold down the left side. Yanda, Eluemunor and back-up right tackle James Hurst will hold down the right side. Jensen will be the starting center. The battle of Skura and Urschel is for the back-up job. The reason this is in-flux is because Yanda is not in the line-up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
golfer1738


Joined: 05 Jun 2017
Posts: 26
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens-01 wrote:
This might sound nuts, but I believe the Ravens had a plan for the offensive line before the draft. Marshal Yanda will be the starting right tackle but has been recovering from a shoulder surgery. Eluemunor will be the starting right guard. If Alex Lewis moved to center then Siragusa would take over at left guard. If not then the rotation of Stanley, Lewis and Siragusa would hold down the left side. Yanda, Eluemunor and back-up right tackle James Hurst will hold down the right side. Jensen will be the starting center. The battle of Skura and Urschel is for the back-up job. The reason this is in-flux is because Yanda is not in the line-up.


you were right with your first 4 words.

yanda isn't moving to RT permanently unless we struggle there mightily.

lewis isn't going to C.

Eluemenor is very, very raw. if he's starting, we're desperate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1060
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens rookies report to TC at july 19 and veterans at july 26. We are very close to be able to discuss some relevant football
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group