You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Meredith is hurt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Meredith is hurt Reply with quote

RT @AdamSchefter: Bears WR Cameron Meredith suffered thumb ligament injury today, will miss off-season program, but expects to be ready for camp, per sources.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Projecting Windy's panic level:

Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing is his route running and conditioning can still be done, timing may be off a bit but far better than a leg issue.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
G08

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 weeks max, can still run and lift. Nothing to see here.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a thumb injury on a WR, very common. In HS and college he just plays with it. If it's the regular season, he probably just plays with it. It's the offseason. You just sit here and heal up.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably a blessing.

Thumb injury doesn't concern me and this should mean that he is super healthy for camp with fresh legs.

The Bears need Meredith more than anyone to just make it to and through the season.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only injury that would have me panicking is Charles Leno.

I do not see anyone else on the roster that can start at LT.

If Leno goes on IR I am putting Trubisky on IR the next day so I can not play him this season.
G08

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

If Leno goes on IR I am putting Trubisky on IR the next day so I can not play him this season.

He's about as close as he can be to IR... kid is going to be QB3 and inactive a bunch this season.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

He's about as close as he can be to IR... kid is going to be QB3 and inactive a bunch this season.

Keep telling yourself that he'll be #3, but I just don't see it. If it's not Glennon then it should be Trubisky IMO. Any reps for Sanchez or Shaw are wasted reps. At least Glennon can build trade value - Sanchez and Shaw can't. If he's WAY not ready then yeah put those guys in but if he's close and Glennon is either hurt or terrible (or both) then I'd rather the learning reps in a real environment then wasting them on a guy who won't be here after this year anyway. If you're worried about his readiness in that scenario then put him in there with the Jimmy Clausen SUPER conservative game plan.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone in the media has politely been saying that Glennon sucked at OTAs. Trubisky apparently was not great, but Glennon was bad.

I don't think this regime wants to start Sanchez unless Glennon gets hurt in weeks 1-4
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Projecting Windy's panic level:

Cool

BearsAddict will re-emerge and start blaming Jerry Angelo.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should do nothing but put us firmly in the Jeremy Maclin sweep stakes...he isn't an elite WR by any stretch but he is a productive veteran who would help us no end.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
This should do nothing but put us firmly in the Jeremy Maclin sweep stakes...he isn't an elite WR by any stretch but he is a productive veteran who would help us no end.

IDK Mike - we guaranteed a lot of 2017 money to Wright and Wheaton, just added Cruz, White is gonna get all the reps they can give him and Meredith is the projected future #2 and should be healthy by camp per all the reports. Maclin would be an upgrade over Wright, Wheaton and Cruz for sure and maybe all five of them but I can't see them just burning that money like that for no return.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

IDK Mike - we guaranteed a lot of 2017 money to Wright and Wheaton, just added Cruz, White is gonna get all the reps they can give him and Meredith is the projected future #2 and should be healthy by camp per all the reports. Maclin would be an upgrade over Wright, Wheaton and Cruz for sure and maybe all five of them but I can't see them just burning that money like that for no return.

You can't cut Wheaton because of the money but you get rid of Cruz in a heartbeat if you can pick up Maclin.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

You can't cut Wheaton because of the money but you get rid of Cruz in a heartbeat if you can pick up Maclin.

I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome Maclin - just that the move would surprise me. Maclin is going to have a lot of suitors though - we'd have to outplay everyone else to get him to come to a 3-13 team. Why other than money would he come here over, say, Baltimore? Or Arizona? I'd much rather spend whatever it costs to bring him here to extend Hicks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: