You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Traded for Calvin Pryor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what does everyone else think about the trade?
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

I think it was a great trade.

Davis wasnt going to be a useful player to the Browns unless some injuries happen. To me after the camp and preseason he was going to be the 4th LB on the team.

I think Pryor has the chance to potentially start or at least be the 1st guy off the bench.

Also read that the move saved the Browns around $2.2m
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I really like Davis, and hated to see him go, I understand the trade. Safety is still a big time question mark, much more so than LB. I hope he can come here and Williams can create a role that he can thrive in.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Hard for me to write anyone off, specially with the schemes the player had to play in the past couple years.

I really like the staff they put together and everyone deserves to have a chance in camp to see if the coaches can actually work and develop some of these guys

That is a complete 360 regarding your attitude when it comes to a certain QB that has been a "pleasant surprise".

Also shouldnt it be 180, cause you are trying to say I completely changed my attitude/view. If I did a 360, I would still be in the same spot I started...

actually it should be 180, you are right there. The comment served its purpose though in exposing the hypocrisy which in turn obviously touched a sensitive nerve. Laughing

It's not hypocrisy because Brock has proven he is pretty much garbage. Campbell and Reynolds are on the edge of being considered garbage. It's like they are borderline Brock. This season will prove if they are legit or if they Brock bad

Except you gave them a pass for playing terrible on a terrible defensive unit, even though they have literally shown nothing prior, or even much in college.

Yet no pass for Brock for playing much better than the stat line showed on a terrible offensive unit after showing promise at the NFL level in prior years.

Showing promise in Denver? If he was that promising Denver would of kept him. (please cut the crap argument of "Denver wanted to keep key defensive players who were FAs". Denver was not as risk of losing one of their top tier defensive. Also Franchise QB trumps any other position)
Wasnt hard for him to not screw up when he had no pressure in being a game manager. Dude couldnt hit the deep ball to save his life. Dead last in accuracy when throwing the ball over 20yard while in Denver. It then got even worse when he got to Houston even tho he had one of the best WRs in the league to throw too. Dude should of looked better after sitting for so many years. He then looks even worse in Houston. BOB isnt the greatest coach but when other QBs like Hoyer, Fitz, and etc played and played better, its more so the player than the coaching.

Lets not forget that when he is pressured as a QB, his rating falls to around 20 something and his completion% is around 40%. When he was in Denver his rating was 66 and a completion % of around 52%.

So Brock has shown in 23 starts as a QB he literally cant throw the deep ball and cant handle pressure.

Heck Kessler last year was a 92 rating and completed 65% but when he was pressured, his rating was adjusted to 91 and his completion % was 84%.

like I said before. When it came to passes 16 yards or more, Brock was ranked 31st in accuracy Percentage. When it came to passes 20 yards or more, Brock was ranked 31st in accuracy Percentage. Kessler on the other hand, When it came to passes 16 yards or more, Kessler was ranked 18th in accuracy Percentage. When it came to passes 20 yards or more, Kessler was ranked 23rd in accuracy Percentage.

I might be more forgiving to giving Campbell/Reynolds a shot because really outside of Peppers, every other safety is an unknown. At the QB position, Kessler is a better QB and that Kizer has more potential.

Im all for Brock get a shot to prove himself but he wont out play Kessler and he might be over taken by Kizer in the preseason.

Please, please give me something of value or substance to show he has some potential to be a legit starting QB or franchise QB. The arguement of blaming it on his teammate or coaching isnt going to cut. Brock cant throw the deep ball and cant handle pressure of a rush. There is noting in Brocks game that makes up for those two major flaws. He showed both those flaws in Denver and in Houston. Wasnt as bad in Denver cause they could hide him more. Couldnt do that in Houston

ok gonna be honest here. I stopped reading the novel when you said cut the crap about Denver wanting to keep him... when there are several sources out there from Elway himself speaking on the topic. I said it before, I will say it one more time, just for you... don't take my word for it, take the Broncos word for it.

Regarding the rest... I would reply point for point had I bothered to read it, but ya know... Time value and all of that.

I know why Denver let him walk because he wasn't franchises QB material. Only time a QB leaves a team is if they aren't franchise mateierl or they have a better back up.

Rest of your post translates to..."I have no come back."

no, I genuinely stopped reading when you claimed to know more about Denver team management, than the actual Denver team management.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get each other's phone numbers and battle this out elsewhere. Or cut these quote trees down...jesus H!

I'm testy enough given the forum is in a dead period & then I have to come in here and read the same posts I've seen in the other 12 threads on the forum?

I mean...come auhn.

buno67

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:

no, I genuinely stopped reading when you claimed to know more about Denver team management, than the actual Denver team management.

just like claim that Brock is a legit franchise QB even tho the numbers his past 23 games dont show its...

but it was teammates fault right?
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

just like claim that Brock is a legit franchise QB even tho the numbers his past 23 games dont show its...

but it was teammates fault right?

Back on topic. Both of you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

Probably an even trade...in a vacuum, the Jets got the better end of the deal, as Davis was a real contributor and solid piece to the defense, whereas we're gambling strictly on potential and a talented guy turning it around. We've seen that happen with J Taylor last year (so lets hope that's what it is) and we've seen it not happen, like Justin Gilbert in Pitts. But since our secondary was much more in need of attention than LBs, it makes sense for us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like this trade to 4.5 guys to blitz off the edge or better yet double safety blitz off of Myles Garrett side
mtmmike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
like this trade two 4.5 guys to blitz off the edge or better yet double safety blitz off of Myles Garrett side
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
like this trade two 4.5 guys to blitz off the edge or better yet double safety blitz off of Myles Garrett side

Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgdish wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Probably an even trade...in a vacuum, the Jets got the better end of the deal, as Davis was a real contributor and solid piece to the defense, whereas we're gambling strictly on potential and a talented guy turning it around. We've seen that happen with J Taylor last year (so lets hope that's what it is) and we've seen it not happen, like Justin Gilbert in Pitts. But since our secondary was much more in need of attention than LBs, it makes sense for us.

Even if Kirksey or Collins go down I don't think Davis is that useful for us outside of experience, he is a good run stopper to just outside the tackles after that he is a liability, and he is not much better than non existent in coverage.

In my mind he is a good 3-4 ilb at stopping the run and blitzes.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: