You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

S Calvin Pryor traded for LB Demario Davis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
You guys blame Bowles for everything.

This trade shows just how bad this locker room was. Belichick also gets rid of bad seeds.

Now we're overrating Pryor. I'm not saying Davis is the next Ray Lewis but he always exhibited good leadership, professionalism and he knows the system.

Also Macc made the trade. Why is he not getting bashed?

This.
Because it's another example of Todd Bowles getting nothing out of players

Pryor can't do the things he wants from safeties, he could leave him back there then you'd blame Bowles for blown coverages.

Sometimes its best to move on, get the guys you need in here and work from there.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
You guys blame Bowles for everything.

This trade shows just how bad this locker room was. Belichick also gets rid of bad seeds.

Now we're overrating Pryor. I'm not saying Davis is the next Ray Lewis but he always exhibited good leadership, professionalism and he knows the system.

Also Macc made the trade. Why is he not getting bashed?

This.
Because it's another example of Todd Bowles getting nothing out of players

What has Pryor shown you to think that there is more to get out of him? He cannot cover anyone while playing in a pass first league from a coverage position.

You can't keep blaming Bowles for every move made.

As for an attitude problem, the dude didn't show up at OTAs. That should speak to you. Then again, its probably because Bowles told him not to show up because he didn't like him. Rolling Eyes

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Sapo28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got to give our rookie safeties a confidence boost too. Cut all veteran safeties and give the young guys the reigns.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahah some of you guys are so funny. Acting like this trade means anything... OMG guys we are trading away a young 1st round pick who had a down year.

Umm what? Go back and watch the film. How many times is he late to cover a player from the slot? How many times is he running around the field before the snap looking around like he has no clue what's going on? How many times is he going to miss countless open tackles? Oh and he really can't cover as it is... did you forget that? He's awful and he's never had the drive to care about the game. He played at a half decent college and had some big hits that made him look good. He's a joke and the browns can have the guy.

I love how for years some guys on here sit there and act like coaches, or GMs from Madden. A guy doesn't perform well, " let's just move him to safety (ala Cromartie, Revis)" oh Pryor plays awful, let's just move him to linebacker. Umm what? Yeah great idea, Pryor would get eaten alive at linebacker. Or the fact that we trade for Demario Davis, and someone on here says " oh well it looks like we don't need Harris anymore mind as well release him" ............zzzzzz what???? Harris knows this defense and yeah he's not flashy or fast , but Davis couldn't lead it , nor could Lee at this point. The Jets need Harris. Entertaining your assumption is borderline asinine.

The overreaction on this forum is incredible. Some people get it, some people don't. This team is young and taking steps in the right direction to improve the morale, will, and fight. Bowles had a down year last year no doubt about it and he's a major reason... but to blame him for not developing Pryor?? Ahh what? Say that to a guy who has practically played the position and has developed other safeties in this league especially in Arizona. If Bowles can't get something out of Pryor , I'm not sure anyone will.

Finally , Demario has over a 3 million dollar cap charge that can be completely cleared if cut. This move basically saves us money if we cut him at any time. So I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even make the team, and if he does that he is a proven tackler who can be a good back up or push for a job at MLB and make Lee better.

This isn't a bad move but then again you have other guys on here calling for a 7th rounder instead of Davis. Davis is a proven NFL player whose had pretty much over 80-90 tackles a year when he starts. He would be a really good special teams player as well. But I guess I'd rather have a 7th rounder? Again.. what ? A 7th rounder with 6% chance of even making the roster let alone even making a play in this league.

Y'all are hilarious .. props to the people that get it.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe we traded for a player that was already on our team and didn't work out. So dumb.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is that Pryor doesn't have a place in this league unless he either a) improves his coverage skills or b) converts to linebacker. Hard-hitting safeties who can't cover have no place in a passing league. With that said, getting Demario back to me is just weird. Maybe they're hoping that the guy has improved and could replace Harris in 2018.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO if Pryor improves his tackling he could be a decent role player against the run. He's only a few months older than Maye so there is still a chance that he improves enough in coverage that he could at least not be totally useless. Not our problem anymore so who cares.

The year before Bowles got here, Davis had a decent enough year. His year under Bowles he was terrible and only a little better last year. I don't think he would have been anything more than a backup/role player for Cleveland and if he makes our team it will probably be in that type of role. (By the way has any veteran defensive player improved under Bowles' leadership? I can't think of any.)

My thought on the trade is that Bowles told Mac that he was going to cut Pryor. Mac said okay but first let me see if I can get something for him.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
LOL at Pryor only having a "down" year haha. When did he exactly have an up year? Cant cover, misses tackles, has a bad attitude, and never lived up to the Louisville slugger nickname. Wasn't a bad trade but we got back a leader who can rotate in. Davis isn't very good though, goes to show you how pathetically bad of a drafting team we are. Bad Rex pick for another bad Rex pick made by a GM after we fired Rex...Has it actually gotten worse?
Did you miss 2015?

CALVIN PRYOR IS NOT GOOD! He had one year in which he wasn't a complete disaster and you probably thought he got snubbed from being all-pro. He wasn't be any means dominate...he was just actually doing his job and he still had his moments where he got beat pretty bad. He's a safety who cant cover what so ever in a passing heavy league. What is there to be upset about. We wont miss him or his attitude.

Have to agree. Pryor wasn't that good in this scheme. And he is also very immature, look at him skipping the first day of OTAs because we took 2 guys who now have his job. I had high hopes for him when we drafted him, but he just never worked out.

Davis should be decent as the 3rd ILB, but we may not even keep him due to salary. We could cut him with no penalty before the season starts. My gut says he takes a pay cut though.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
LOL at Pryor only having a "down" year haha. When did he exactly have an up year? Cant cover, misses tackles, has a bad attitude, and never lived up to the Louisville slugger nickname. Wasn't a bad trade but we got back a leader who can rotate in. Davis isn't very good though, goes to show you how pathetically bad of a drafting team we are. Bad Rex pick for another bad Rex pick made by a GM after we fired Rex...Has it actually gotten worse?
Did you miss 2015?

CALVIN PRYOR IS NOT GOOD! He had one year in which he wasn't a complete disaster and you probably thought he got snubbed from being all-pro. He wasn't be any means dominate...he was just actually doing his job and he still had his moments where he got beat pretty bad. He's a safety who cant cover what so ever in a passing heavy league. What is there to be upset about. We wont miss him or his attitude.

Have to agree. Pryor wasn't that good in this scheme. And he is also very immature, look at him skipping the first day of OTAs because we took 2 guys who now have his job. I had high hopes for him when we drafted him, but he just never worked out.

Davis should be decent as the 3rd ILB, but we may not even keep him due to salary. We could cut him with no penalty before the season starts. My gut says he takes a pay cut though.

Why Pryor won't work in this league is he's a hitter not a tackler. Until he changes that he's a liability for any team he plays for. I partially blame our coaching staff for this. They should've made him more of a tackler than a hitter.
Rickjets2007

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I like this trade? Not really but, I am guessing this is the best offer we could get for Pryor. That should tell us all something about what other teams thought of the former first round pick.

Pryor could lay the lumber. But, he was a [inappropriate/removed] poor tackler. He was bad in coverage. He always took poor angles. That was the knock on him coming out of college. He is strictly an in the box safety at best. He also must not be very bright. Last years theme for the defensive backs was, "We got to communicate better." That never happened. We just saw big play after big play.

The defense Bowles is trying to replicate was the Cardinal defense he coached. You need versatile safeties. They have the Honey Badger, they had Jefferson and they have Buchanon. All really good safeties. We here it all the time, "This is a passing league." You need good talent and depth at defensive back across the board. That is what I think they are trying to build here.

As far as Demario Davis goes, he is a quality back up. Maybe we put him in on 3rd down to spell Harris. To be honest, I think he will get cut. I think the Browns did us a favor by giving us a guy the does not have any guaranteed money coming to him. I believe Pryor had some guaranteed money coming to him and IF we had cut him, we would have to take the cap hit. Just my 2 cents.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: