You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

S Calvin Pryor traded for LB Demario Davis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:
So Wilk, Sheldon, and now Calvin are all whiners?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark - and it's looking more like Bowles is draining the swamp while draining the talent. I wanted to give him another shot but you can't shed young players because you don't get along. Your a coach, motivate them to be teammates.

Chip Kelly did this his first two years in Philly and we're still trying to recover.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
NJerseypaint wrote:
So Wilk, Sheldon, and now Calvin are all whiners?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark - and it's looking more like Bowles is draining the swamp while draining the talent. I wanted to give him another shot but you can't shed young players because you don't get along. Your a coach, motivate them to be teammates.

Chip Kelly did this his first two years in Philly and we're still trying to recover.
God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys blame Bowles for everything.

This trade shows just how bad this locker room was. Belichick also gets rid of bad seeds.

Now we're overrating Pryor. I'm not saying Davis is the next Ray Lewis but he always exhibited good leadership, professionalism and he knows the system.

Also Macc made the trade. Why is he not getting bashed?

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL at Pryor only having a "down" year haha. When did he exactly have an up year? Cant cover, misses tackles, has a bad attitude, and never lived up to the Louisville slugger nickname. Wasn't a bad trade but we got back a leader who can rotate in. Davis isn't very good though, goes to show you how pathetically bad of a drafting team we are. Bad Rex pick for another bad Rex pick made by a GM after we fired Rex...Has it actually gotten worse?

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks but we weren't planning to keep Pryor so swapping him for someone the locker room likes at a position we need depth at is a positive out of a negative situation.

I'll still root for Pryor on the Browns
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:

This trade shows just how bad this locker room was. Belichick also gets rid of bad seeds.

Now we're overrating Pryor. I'm not saying Davis is the next Ray Lewis but he always exhibited good leadership, professionalism and he knows the system.

This.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
LOL at Pryor only having a "down" year haha. When did he exactly have an up year? Cant cover, misses tackles, has a bad attitude, and never lived up to the Louisville slugger nickname. Wasn't a bad trade but we got back a leader who can rotate in. Davis isn't very good though, goes to show you how pathetically bad of a drafting team we are. Bad Rex pick for another bad Rex pick made by a GM after we fired Rex...Has it actually gotten worse?
Did you miss 2015?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

This.
Because it's another example of Todd Bowles getting nothing out of players

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I didn't expect to get much for Pry, but I don't understand picking up davis. Should have picked up Hodges.

For me it's the age of the player you traded for. In a rebuild it is 100% pointless to trade for a 28yr old thay will be a FA after the season. I'd rather have traded for a less talented 22-26yr old LB. And you cant tell me an average to below average ILB in that age range couldn't have been traded for.

Everything in a rebuild isn't about age guys. It's about changing the attitude and the culture. Demario is a guy they wanted to bring in because he's an incredibly vocal leader and the opposite of a locker room distraction and to top it off he's cheap. That's a great player to have on a rebuilding roster.

I also didn't realize 28 is now suddenly old for an inside linebacker or something Laughing

Yeah, It's not the age the bothers me. Even in a rebuilding phase, you still need those guys to mentor and be a example for the younger ones. It's just a talent question for me. I think he's here to rotate with Lee & Harris. Lee still has a lot to prove and father time is all over Harris. So I understand going for a ILB. The only thing I can think of is his locker room approach and contract. I just would have went for Hodges for talent.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

This.

I put some of the blame on TB but my god sometimes these players need to take responsibility for their bad play. IDK about you but when I played a sport my skill level and IQ did not go up or down based on who was coaching me. We treat these players like babies. yes, coaching scheme makes a difference to a degree, but when you see him taking bad angles and getting made a fool of out there, a lot of it falls on the players.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Did you miss 2015?

CALVIN PRYOR IS NOT GOOD! He had one year in which he wasn't a complete disaster and you probably thought he got snubbed from being all-pro. He wasn't be any means dominate...he was just actually doing his job and he still had his moments where he got beat pretty bad. He's a safety who cant cover what so ever in a passing heavy league. What is there to be upset about. We wont miss him or his attitude.

ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

This.

BUt I thought 2015 Calvin was soooo good? So you blame him on the bad year but refuse to praise him in his "good" year...?

Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

This.

BUt I thought 2015 Calvin was soooo good? So you blame him on the bad year but refuse to praise him in his "good" year...?

> Our "system" worked in 2015 bc we had Revis and everyone was allowed to play their role in 2015. We also had a cupcake schedule

> Our "system" failed in 2015 and Bowles failed to adjust and put players in positions to succeed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of a sudden he has an "attitude" problem

Where did this come from?

I'm in no means a Pryor fanboy so I don't want to sound like one and continue but we got pennies on our dollar for no reason

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even saying Pryor was a great player, and I was even Bowles' biggest supporters here during the last season.

But the fact is Bowles was/is at odds with what was half the starting roster last year and we traded a 24 year old starter for a 29 year old one straight-up.

Is Bowles someone who can't get players on the same page? Are we taking the year off so we can higher vets to teach class all season? Like seriously - this is more of a circus than Rex and Butt Fumble ever was.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: