You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

S Calvin Pryor traded for LB Demario Davis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.O

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
No point to keep Harris around now.
Maybe that's there logic behind this, otherwise, I don't get it.
Can see them valuing Davis knowing the system and feeling comfortable enough with him calling plays

Props El Ramster on the sig
famousj

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of trading Pryor. I think he had a pretty good year in 2015. He regressed in 2016 but could still be a solid safety in the league. He just wasn't a scheme fit for Bowles 2-cover safety scheme. Pryor was going to cut anyway so getting Demario Davis was no big deal. Demario would be a good reserve who knows the system and can give Harris or Lee a breather but will only be around a year. I'll give the trade an A- grade for the trade. There is no long term gain and the Jets 2- 14 season is still in play after the trade.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
Not a fan of trading Pryor. I think he had a pretty good year in 2015. He regressed in 2016 but could still be a solid safety in the league. He just wasn't a scheme fit for Bowles 2-cover safety scheme. Pryor was going to cut anyway so getting Demario Davis was no big deal. Demario would be a good reserve who knows the system and can give Harris or Lee a breather but will only be around a year. I'll give the trade an A- grade for the trade. There is no long term gain and the Jets 2- 14 season is still in play after the trade.
An A-?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man these are some dark times.

In other news I think we'll be able to make Madden's worst rating of all time now.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:

In other news I think we'll be able to make Madden's worst rating of all time now.

All this over Calvin Pryor?

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
NJerseypaint wrote:

Getting hosed for a young SS that had 1 down year for a nothing special ILB? Yeah, that's what happened. Anyone suggesting we came out on top here is just lying to themselves.
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
NJerseypaint wrote:

Getting hosed for a young SS that had 1 down year for a nothing special ILB? Yeah, that's what happened. Anyone suggesting we came out on top here is just lying to themselves.
It's going to be interesting to see if Macc turns out to be looking like a genius or confirming himself as an idiot in the next two years

We'll see, but he's already in a huge, huge hole

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But one thing I do know for sure

Todd Bowles is useless

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't expect to get much for Pry, but I don't understand picking up davis. Should have picked up Hodges.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I didn't expect to get much for Pry, but I don't understand picking up davis. Should have picked up Hodges.

For me it's the age of the player you traded for. In a rebuild it is 100% pointless to trade for a 28yr old thay will be a FA after the season. I'd rather have traded for a less talented 22-26yr old LB. And you cant tell me an average to below average ILB in that age range couldn't have been traded for.
Imarobot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

For me it's the age of the player you traded for. In a rebuild it is 100% pointless to trade for a 28yr old thay will be a FA after the season. I'd rather have traded for a less talented 22-26yr old LB. And you cant tell me an average to below average ILB in that age range couldn't have been traded for.

Everything in a rebuild isn't about age guys. It's about changing the attitude and the culture. Demario is a guy they wanted to bring in because he's an incredibly vocal leader and the opposite of a locker room distraction and to top it off he's cheap. That's a great player to have on a rebuilding roster.

I also didn't realize 28 is now suddenly old for an inside linebacker or something Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
No point to keep Harris around now.

Na getting Davis doesn't move the needle on that. Still need Harris.

Maybe if we signed Hodges then I could see moving on from Harris but Davis doesn't move the needle.

The best thing about this trade is leadership. We removed a whiny cancer who thought he was better than he was for a high character locker room leader in Davis even if he is nothing more then a part time LB and special teams guy.

We need more than anything a cultural change with that ride together die together mentality. Sure we might only win 3-4 games but if the locker room stays together it'll mean more than winning 5-6 and having the same issues as last year.

Props to Mack on the sig
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:

I hate to say it but you are probably right. None of us have any idea how the offensive will pan out. We are all pulling for Mack, but if he doesn't workout ,it could get awful ugly fast.
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Wilk, Sheldon, and now Calvin are all whiners?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark - and it's looking more like Bowles is draining the swamp while draining the talent. I wanted to give him another shot but you can't shed young players because you don't get along. Your a coach, motivate them to be teammates.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: