You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

S Calvin Pryor traded for LB Demario Davis
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: S Calvin Pryor traded for LB Demario Davis Reply with quote

Interesting. Davis was missed in the locker room and could still be Harris' successor as a 2-down run defender if he proves well this year in a reserve role.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man your fast. I was going to post this. I just got the note on my phone.

I think it makes sense for both sides. We are hurting at LB and he adds good leadership and average play.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. Davis is a good locker room guy, but still can't cover and is now 28.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: S Calvin Pryor traded for LB Demario Davis Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Interesting. Davis was missed in the locker room and could still be Harris' successor as a 2-down run defender if he proves well this year in a reserve role.

He's a FA after this season and will be 29. That's for from an answer for a Harris successor.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so mad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better question to me, does this mean they continue the veteran purge and cut Harris? Save some cap space to carry over to next year.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Imarobot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
I'm so mad

Why? Did you like Pryor? Because otherwise I don't see what there is to be mad about. We were shopping him and no one was biting. This was probably the best deal we were offered and other option was cutting Pryor and getting nothing in return. I'll certainly take solid linebacker depth over nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh trade. We were probably going to release him anyway, so getting Davis isn't too bad.
Sapo28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Meh trade. We were probably going to release him anyway, so getting Davis isn't too bad.

Davis has better chance of getting more playing time than Pryor would have been able to earn here (with Middleton and Miles as depth).
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
I'm so mad

Why? Did you like Pryor? Because otherwise I don't see what there is to be mad about. We were shopping him and no one was biting. This was probably the best deal we were offered and other option was cutting Pryor and getting nothing in return. I'll certainly take solid linebacker depth over nothing.

Well, yes I do like Pryor but it's bigger than that IMO

It again goes to show you that Bowles is not a good coach

He cannot scheme to players' strengths and tries to stick square items into round holes and then gets mad and throws them out

He does the same thing with Richardson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toilet Bowles sucks but I'm fine giving him a chance with players who fit his scheme. He has his safeties now, let's see what he does. Oh wait he's going to get fired regardless since we're the only rebuilding team in the league with coaches on the hot seat.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really just don't like the philosophy of trading a 24yr old for a 28yr old on a rebuilding team.
srodriguez13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn on this trade. In one regard I do like Pryor in the box and felt he still had value there in a big nickel defense. But I do like Demario from a speed backer perspective but I do remember him being ineffective. Well both of them have been ineffective. But I guess Demario can replace Pryor in a big nickel. And Demario isn't a pouty lil b**ch so let's see how this plays out.

And Todd Bowles I hope we don't 🔥 him I like him a lot but then again we are both from the same city so maybe I'm being a Homer!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. Davis is a good locker room guy, but still can't cover and is now 28.

I Hated the Pryor draft pick, but I am over that now. Just like this year I wanted Cook and we took Maye. I am not saying Maye is a bad player, you have to be real good to play in the secondary for the Florida Gators. However Cook would have given our offensive a real shot in the arm. Cook is a great pass receiver coming out of the backfield. He would have been a huge help for Hack or Petty. At least we are getting a player for Pryor.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone was saying move Pryor to LB, well we moved for a LB.

He played here for a year under Bowles, good locker room guy, should help with Special Teams. Maybe takes over for Harris for a couple years as well.

Pryor didn't fit in any role to be honest unless he was bringing pressure on 3rd down, Miles can do that.

Between Lee, Carter and Davis that's a lot of speed at LB.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: