You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets trade Calvin Pryor to Cleveland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
I actually like:

Garrett - Bryant - Shelton - Ogbah/Nassib

Collins - Kirksey - Pryor

Haden - Jabrill - McCourty - Jamar Taylor

In a big nickel, or sub out pryor/jabrill for another DB. Move Nassib inside on some passing downs? I'm not exactly sure who is playing safety other than Jabrill this year for them, Boddy/Calhoun and Reynolds?

edit: k candyman whatever. It took 20 mins to write this post cause i had to keep stopping to do something else Laughing

Ogbah looks like he is going to be really good. I'm expecting him to be the best player on the defense. I don't know if you would actually move any ends inside, if you did it should probably be Ogbah. With Bryant/Ogunjobi/Brantly/Shelton I doubt it will be necessary. Nassib will keep Ogbah/Garrett fresh assuming Garrett starts over him (which I do).
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edmund_jags wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
edmund_jags wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:
The Browns didn't give up much so I won't knock this, but I'm curious as to what the plan is there with Pryor and Peppers. Unless they plan to ease Peppers into things at safety and give him more limited package roles to start. Which is kind of the opposite of what I would have expected the Browns to do.

Peppers will be on the field in nickel packages. Wouldn't be surprised to see him line up at Linebacker a bit too. I see his role similar to Deone Buchannon's role in Arizona

Then what's Pryor's role?

More or less a traditional SS

yikes. no thanks.

I think it will be the opposite. Peppers will be the SS and Pryor will be the Mark Baron LB.
edmund_jags

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
edmund_jags wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
edmund_jags wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:
The Browns didn't give up much so I won't knock this, but I'm curious as to what the plan is there with Pryor and Peppers. Unless they plan to ease Peppers into things at safety and give him more limited package roles to start. Which is kind of the opposite of what I would have expected the Browns to do.

Peppers will be on the field in nickel packages. Wouldn't be surprised to see him line up at Linebacker a bit too. I see his role similar to Deone Buchannon's role in Arizona

yikes. no thanks.

I think it will be the opposite. Peppers will be the SS and Pryor will be the Mark Baron LB.

That's a bit better but still don't like Peppers playing more of a true SS role.
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is purely speculation on my part, but I want Cleveland to try and trade for Trumaine Johnson. We've got plenty of 2nd rounders.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was sort of expected given the draft but clearly the Jets were expecting way more from Pryor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I actually like:

Garrett - Bryant - Shelton - Ogbah/Nassib

Collins - Kirksey - Pryor

Haden - Jabrill - McCourty - Jamar Taylor

In a big nickel, or sub out pryor/jabrill for another DB. Move Nassib inside on some passing downs? I'm not exactly sure who is playing safety other than Jabrill this year for them, Boddy/Calhoun and Reynolds?

edit: k candyman whatever. It took 20 mins to write this post cause i had to keep stopping to do something else Laughing

Ogbah looks like he is going to be really good. I'm expecting him to be the best player on the defense. I don't know if you would actually move any ends inside, if you did it should probably be Ogbah. With Bryant/Ogunjobi/Brantly/Shelton I doubt it will be necessary. Nassib will keep Ogbah/Garrett fresh assuming Garrett starts over him (which I do).
Yeah I said that having no knowledge of how big Nassib or ogbah are. I am a big fan of a 1 DT 3 DE rush package tho. You need someone who can do it though obvy in the mold of a poor man's michael bennett

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many pages for Calvin Pryor. He sucks.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Too many pages for Calvin Pryor. He sucks.
Browns are hot right now

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
This is purely speculation on my part, but I want Cleveland to try and trade for Trumaine Johnson. We've got plenty of 2nd rounders.

As a Rams fan I would be upset about that trade if it were to happen now. I'm concerned about our depth at CB if we were to lose Tru now.

pnies20

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edmund_jags wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
edmund_jags wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
edmund_jags wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

yikes. no thanks.

That's a bit better but still don't like Peppers playing more of a true SS role.

I think Pryor and Peppers are going to compete for the same spot.
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, jamie collins is going to be the sam?
they paid him how much money to sit on the bench 70% of the time?
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
wait, jamie collins is going to be the sam?
they paid him how much money to sit on the bench 70% of the time?

Quote:
Collins and Kirksey are perfect fits for how Williams deploys his two LB set. Collins is physical and can rush the passer. Kirksey is supremely quick to react and smart. Both are outstanding athletes.

Demario Davis will be the third LB. Expect him to play on about 25 percent of the snaps, mostly against teams who use two TEs or a fullback in the base offense. No other LB will see the field for more than a handful of defensive snaps, barring injury. Thatís the Gregg Williams way.

It might take some time for fans, and more traditional media members, to adjust. Thatís understandable. Just know that the new Browns defense is a base 4-2, not a 4-3.

Obviously Davis is gone now but he would have been the one sitting most of the time.
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i don't know about that. two lb-set.

ogletree was the mike and barron the will. williams had two traditional positions for these guys.
so, is collins the mike or will? if he is used as a sam he will sit on the bench.

i guess pryor and peppers will both play, like williams used alexander and mcdonald together.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
yeah, i don't know about that. two lb-set.

ogletree was the mike and barron the will. williams had two traditional positions for these guys.
so, is collins the mike or will? if he is used as a sam he will sit on the bench.

i guess pryor and peppers will both play, like williams used alexander and mcdonald together.

I don't know enough about his system to say but you don't take Collins or Kirksey off of the field. I imagine different situations will call for different roles. Collins is more of the pass rusher and Kirksey is more of the coverage guy.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
Imarobot wrote:

You do all know Pryor sucks right? Laughing

Unless you want a pure in the box, line of scrimmage roaming safety. And that's pretty much a dead position in today's NFL.

After the 2014 draft Rex Ryan was mouthing off about how they picked the better safety in taking Pryor over HaHa Clinton-Dix

How's that working out ?
Well, neither blowhard Rex nor his preferred safety were able to keep their jobs - mostly due to sucking...

Wasn't HHCD a big part of the reason the Packers lost the 2014 Championship game? Like the 2pt conversion...?

He's a good safety, but even as the better pick, he's still made his fair share of mistakes in the league.

But then, maybe its unfair to blame him given how terrible the rest of that defense has been over the years, a bad defensive coordinator, and poor drafting on that side to boot.

HHCD had 2 INTs in that game IIRC, and almost came away with a 3rd that would've iced the game.

He's not the reason for the defense's shortcomings.

That sounds right. Im almost positive the 2pc was on him, but..meh. Can't put all the blame on him.

I like him though and he's still in his prime. He may go from a "good" safety to a great one.

What will Demario Davis's role be in NY?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: