You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets trade Calvin Pryor to Cleveland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns will run heavy nickle. I will be curious to see if either Peppers or Pryor play the Mark Baron role. However, it's obvious we will be running what Greg Williams ran with the Rams. If I had to guess:

Garrett
Bryant
Shelton
Ogbah

Collins
Kirksey
Pryor

Haden
McCourtey
Peppers
Taylor
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like:

Garrett - Bryant - Shelton - Ogbah/Nassib

Collins - Kirksey - Pryor

Haden - Jabrill - McCourty - Jamar Taylor

In a big nickel, or sub out pryor/jabrill for another DB. Move Nassib inside on some passing downs? I'm not exactly sure who is playing safety other than Jabrill this year for them, Boddy/Calhoun and Reynolds?

edit: k candyman whatever. It took 20 mins to write this post cause i had to keep stopping to do something else Laughing

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
I actually like:

Garrett - Bryant - Shelton - Ogbah/Nassib

Collins - Kirksey - Pryor

Haden - Jabrill - McCourty - Jamar Taylor

In a big nickel, or sub out pryor/jabrill for another DB. Move Nassib inside on some passing downs? I'm not exactly sure who is playing safety other than Jabrill this year for them, Boddy/Calhoun and Reynolds?

edit: k candyman whatever. It took 20 mins to write this post cause i had to keep stopping to do something else Laughing

Laughing
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
Are you insinuating that Kam Chancellor can't cover? Laughing Laughing

I'm telling you Pryor is a one dimensional safety and you go and try and compare him to one of the best safeties in the game? Oh lord.

Imarobot wrote:

Unless you want a pure in the box, line of scrimmage roaming safety. And that's pretty much a dead position in today's NFL.

I was not comparing their level of skill.

You miss the point where Kam is not just an in the box safety. He can cover and play zone roaming in the back.

There is no comparison.
Kam's deep coverage skills are average as are his man skills (at best)

#1 ET Supporter
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns didn't give up much so I won't knock this, but I'm curious as to what the plan is there with Pryor and Peppers. Unless they plan to ease Peppers into things at safety and give him more limited package roles to start. Which is kind of the opposite of what I would have expected the Browns to do.
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
The Browns didn't give up much so I won't knock this, but I'm curious as to what the plan is there with Pryor and Peppers. Unless they plan to ease Peppers into things at safety and give him more limited package roles to start. Which is kind of the opposite of what I would have expected the Browns to do.

Peppers will be on the field in nickel packages. Wouldn't be surprised to see him line up at Linebacker a bit too. I see his role similar to Deone Buchannon's role in Arizona

Nacho Simulation Football League
edmund_jags

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

Peppers will be on the field in nickel packages. Wouldn't be surprised to see him line up at Linebacker a bit too. I see his role similar to Deone Buchannon's role in Arizona

Then what's Pryor's role?
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edmund_jags wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

More or less a traditional SS

Nacho Simulation Football League
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns should run a 4 4 with 2 corners and a single high safety with Peppers and Pryor as the two OLBs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Browns should run a 4 4 with 2 corners and a single high safety with Peppers and Pryor as the two OLBs

Without Peppers and/or Pryor playing safety, the Browns don't have the talent at safety or in the secondary in general to make that work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can he and Peppers play together on the field?

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
mse326

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
mse326 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
Are you insinuating that Kam Chancellor can't cover? Laughing Laughing

I'm telling you Pryor is a one dimensional safety and you go and try and compare him to one of the best safeties in the game? Oh lord.

Imarobot wrote:

Unless you want a pure in the box, line of scrimmage roaming safety. And that's pretty much a dead position in today's NFL.

I was not comparing their level of skill.

You miss the point where Kam is not just an in the box safety. He can cover and play zone roaming in the back.

There is no comparison.
Kam's deep coverage skills are average as are his man skills (at best)

That is still infinitely better than Pryor. It may not be his strength but it isn't a hindrance either. He isn't a liability.

#JDI
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:

That is basically a nickel which they will run the majority of the time. A corner may be in there more often than not opposed to a safety but that is still 5 DBs either way.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
Okay, soooo a couple of things to unpack here:

1. The Jets let Demario Davis go and drafted Darron Lee as a replacement. A year later the Jets get Davis back in trade. Is Lee already a bust (Jets gonna Jet) or are they preparing to let David Harris go?

2. Demario Davis was going to be the starting middle linbeacker for the Browns. They gave Kirksey a contract extension, who is their third starting linebacker? If it is Schobert or Orchard, does that mean Collins is moving inside?

3. Calvin Pryor is an "in the box" safety. Is he going to play the Mark Barron role i.e. "in the box" safety who moves to linbeacker full time?

4. If Calvin Pryor isn't moving to linebacker, does this effect where Jabrill Peppers plays? Is Peppers going to play free safety, strong safety or Mark Barron role? Or is Pryor basically going to be a backup for a year and then hit free agency?

5. So are the Jets ever going to figure out this whole "NFL draft" thing or are they going to rely on gifts at #6 from the rest of the league?

All indications are that the Browns will run a 4-2 nickel base with kirksey and Collins as the LBs. There was no role for Davis. Peppers will be the 3rd LB/SS

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
edmund_jags

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
edmund_jags wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

More or less a traditional SS

yikes. no thanks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: