You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

how offensive of a line will we have this year...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
...

Old age get to you again?

it takes the wisdom that comes with that age, sonny, to know when to delete a comment that doesn't need to be said.

now... while you're up...
_________________


Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Moderator
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 13157
Location: Marshall
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
now... while you're up...

I hate it when I fall asleep before finishing my sentence....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 28565
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Vikings offensive lineman Joe Berger, 35, says he's leaning toward retiring after the 2017 season.


https://www.twitter.com/christomasson
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NorthCountryEvo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 2055
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
#Vikings offensive lineman Joe Berger, 35, says he's leaning toward retiring after the 2017 season.


https://www.twitter.com/christomasson


Spoiler alert!
_________________


"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colorado Vike


Joined: 12 Jun 2015
Posts: 273
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ Clemmings took snaps at RG with the ones today in OTA #10. Elflein was at center.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 7944
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would not shock to see Clemmings do well at guard.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
It would not shock to see Clemmings do well at guard.


it is his 3rd year. maybe things are beginning to slow down for him. Pray

I'd love to see him do well. H2P!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDBrocks


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 7970
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
It would not shock to see Clemmings do well at guard.


I thought he should have been there since he was drafted.
_________________

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boda


Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 2209
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
It would not shock to see Clemmings do well at guard.


I thought he should have been there since he was drafted.

Agreed. Putting him outside was a mistake & I really believe he could surprise a few people playing guard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colorado Vike


Joined: 12 Jun 2015
Posts: 273
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, who would you be betting would the first backup at RT now? They've had Sirles practicing at LG, Clemmings at RG. Clemmings mentioned earlier in OTAs that he's all for working at guard, as it's good to have the versatility. More than just hinting that he's not becoming exclusively a guard.

My money would be on not much having changed, and that Clemmings would still be the coaching staff's first choice at backup right tackle. Note that I didn't say my first choice. I just think that this coaching staff of old dogs might not be as capable of learning new tricks as we'd all like, even from one season to the next.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthCountryEvo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 2055
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado Vike wrote:
So, who would you be betting would the first backup at RT now? They've had Sirles practicing at LG, Clemmings at RG. Clemmings mentioned earlier in OTAs that he's all for working at guard, as it's good to have the versatility. More than just hinting that he's not becoming exclusively a guard.

My money would be on not much having changed, and that Clemmings would still be the coaching staff's first choice at backup right tackle. Note that I didn't say my first choice. I just think that this coaching staff of old dogs might not be as capable of learning new tricks as we'd all like, even from one season to the next.


There are a lot of what if's with the RT backup spot. If Remmers goes down in a game, I thin Sirles or Clemmings would be the two top options. Now, if it isn't a long term injury, you still have Sirles and Clemmings as two very possible options, but there is also the possibility of Reiff shifting to the right and someone like Rashod Hill or a long shot like Collins could start on the left side, depending on who they think the best combination could be.
_________________


"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colorado Vike


Joined: 12 Jun 2015
Posts: 273
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
There are a lot of what if's with the RT backup spot. If Remmers goes down in a game, I thin Sirles or Clemmings would be the two top options. Now, if it isn't a long term injury, you still have Sirles and Clemmings as two very possible options, but there is also the possibility of Reiff shifting to the right and someone like Rashod Hill or a long shot like Collins could start on the left side, depending on who they think the best combination could be.

That's a great point, but I wonder at their willingness to shuffle players. We didn't see much of it last year, despite the extensive injuries and the terrible performances of the subs. We might have seen Boone kicked out to LT instead of Clemmings, or an attempt at using Sirles on that side, but they pretty much seemed to feel Clemmings was the 1st backup OT and Sirles the 2nd, and that was all there was to it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthCountryEvo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 2055
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado Vike wrote:
NorthCountryEvo wrote:
There are a lot of what if's with the RT backup spot. If Remmers goes down in a game, I thin Sirles or Clemmings would be the two top options. Now, if it isn't a long term injury, you still have Sirles and Clemmings as two very possible options, but there is also the possibility of Reiff shifting to the right and someone like Rashod Hill or a long shot like Collins could start on the left side, depending on who they think the best combination could be.

That's a great point, but I wonder at their willingness to shuffle players. We didn't see much of it last year, despite the extensive injuries and the terrible performances of the subs. We might have seen Boone kicked out to LT instead of Clemmings, or an attempt at using Sirles on that side, but they pretty much seemed to feel Clemmings was the 1st backup OT and Sirles the 2nd, and that was all there was to it.


Clemmings did bounce from right to left and back at a few points. It's not unheard of, and I'm not necessarily advocating for it, but there is a common belief that Reiff is better on the right side, and if our backup LT's are better than your backup RT's, then it may be worth while to flip Reiff to RT and start the backup LT (all assuming that an injury to Remmers is essentially season ending or at least long term). If it is just a week long injury, you may as well just not go through a shuffle. I'm all for continuity, so I wouldn't advocate the move necessarily, but I wouldn't be completely against it depending on how the pieces fall.
_________________


"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can't get out of Remmers contract until 2019, and I don't believe he'll be good enough to stop us from taking a Tackle early.

ideally, we draft a LT and move Riley Reiff to his more natural position at RT.

as it currently stands, I think TJ Clemmings and Jeremiah Sirles should be versatile enough to cover multiple positions. maybe Rashod Hill will practice as a RT as well?

maybe if Reiff gets hurt, Easton moves to LG, Boone moves to LT and Elfein plays Center?

I think there is a decent amount of versatility on our offensive line.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 7944
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reiff's natural position is the left side. 2016 was the only year of his football career that's he hasn't played on the left side, and PFF's grading system had his grade at RT considerably lower than any year at left tackle.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group