Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nolan Carroll (Cowboys CB) Arrested for a DWI
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:

Outside of Sean Lee and maybe Byron Jones, there aren't any players on D that are irreplaceable. That's one of the rare benefits of having a "middle of the road" defense. Laughing

They tried to do the same thing with David Irving. It was frustrating. I was like "Dude, the top 4 guys ahead of him missed 42 games last year, and he still didnt even start. Yeah, we all love him and want him to flourish, but lets be real. We arent losing JJ Watt here".

You can feel the fear coming from Eagles fans. They can sense the fact that we will be better than them for the foreseeable future.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
///mcompact

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

You can feel the fear coming from Eagles fans. They can sense the fact that we will be better than them for the foreseeable future.

I can't remember the last time the Eagles weren't the Offseason Champions.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

I can't remember the last time the Eagles weren't the Offseason Champions.

I cant remember the last time they were in season champions.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah because we all know relying on 2nd and 3rd day rookies is going to work out immediately for sure. Nolan Carroll was most definitely going to be at least a nickel.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
They were going to start Nocover Carroll?

Good thing for them he may miss time then.

Exactly. Laughing

Though he was good... once upon a time.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Yeah because we all know relying on 2nd and 3rd day rookies is going to work out immediately for sure. Nolan Carroll was most definitely going to be at least a nickel.

The drop off from NoCover to a random rookie is a negative number in all honestly (that is to say, it actually improves them).

He may be one of my most hated Dolphins of all time. I laughed when the Eagles paid him and laughed when he somehow conned himself another job with the Cowboys.

This is addition by subtraction for Dallas.

At the same time I'm not entirely sure why Cowboys fans think they have improved defensively at all from last year... The drop off from Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr to a couple rookies is immense. I think the NFC East will be a tighter division than last season.

Nacho Simulation Football League
///mcompact

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:

At the same time I'm not entirely sure why Cowboys fans think they have improved defensively at all from last year... The drop off from Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr to a couple rookies is immense.

I haven't seen too many proclamations that we'll surely be improved defensively in 2017. It's mostly been the notion that the bar wasn't set very high in the backfield if a 6th rd rookie (anthony brown) can come in and being a serviceable starter. Some are just stoked that we've finally shook up the DB situation that's been lackluster for so long.

TheKillerNacho wrote:

The drop off from Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr to a couple rookies is immense.

- Carr was extremely durable but was just "good" (2016 was his best year...the rest were just...well..'average').
- Claiborne's lightbulb finally came on in his contract year but continued his trend of missing more than half the season like he's done since drafted (which allowed Brown to flourish). If you're reliably unreliable...you gots to go.
-Church was a great box safety but was an obvious weak link in the passing game.
-Wilcox was a wasted project.
-T. McClain never had a healthy year...until contract year. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: