You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trevor Siemian Expecatios In 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Trevor Siemian Expecatios In 2017 Reply with quote

So most QBs make a big jump from their first season as starter to second. Also, they tend to get a little better from 2nd year to 3rd. So what are you expectations for Siemian this year?

Will he start all season? What will his final statline be? Do you think he'll get to 25 passing TDs?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Trevor Siemian Expecatios In 2017 Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
So most QBs make a big jump from their first season as starter to second. Also, they tend to get a little better from 2nd year to 3rd. So what are you expectations for Siemian this year?

Will he start all season? What will his final statline be? Do you think he'll get to 25 passing TDs?

I think Siemian has a damn good chance to play the whole season. Unless Lynch absolutely blows him out of the water, I think it's likely barring injury. I think he'll make another sizable jump just given the new offense and Bill Musgrave's presence. I think Siemian could be something special for us- his jump from Year 1 to Year 2 (in what was essentially a rookie year) was immense and I don't think our offense helped him one bit last year.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see that big of a jump really. I think he's a really good backup that's pushed to the starting role because we don't have anyone that can challenge him ATM.

An Elvis Grbac/Steve Bono type; IMO not good enough to consistently win games for you, but not bad enough to lose any for you either.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will all come down to protection once again. If the OL can protect him, and I feel they can from the left side, but I'm pretty sure the DE/OLB opposite our RT will continue to tee off on him.

Anyways, if he's protected, I think we'll see a solid leap from him. I'm not one to predict stats, but I think he'll do much better with a short field. Doing better in the red zone comes with experience, so I'm hoping that's where he makes his biggest strides this year.
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I think Lynch wins it in camp. Lynch is Elways guy and reports were that he was weekly getting more and more upset with Kubiak for not playing him.

Siemian is the better player right now in terms of understanding the playbook and reading defenses, but Lynch is far and away the better talent. Unless there are severe mental limitations at some point he will have to be thrown into the fire and given a chance to see if he can figure it out.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect him to be the second coming of Joe Montana.
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloter will be better than both

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
jolly red giant

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:

Naw - Chad Kelly for SB MVP
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jolly red giant wrote:
Counselor wrote:

Naw - Chad Kelly for SB MVP

Chad's an entitled punk. Hope he doesn't play a down.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that he is going to be a 25+ TD guy and the next franchise QB for Denver, but those expectations could be hampered if Elway leans into the rookie coaching staff and pushes for Lynch. I truly think that Lynch is handed the job because this staff will be more 'yes' men to Elway, and that he fails spectacularly. I don't think for a second that he has it between the ears, and I don't think he ever will.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is the coaching staff is going to go through this entire offseason giving these guys a 50/50 ish split of snaps and that will benefit Siemian more than Lynch because Siemian is the incumbent. This is my biggest gripe with how teams handle rookies. Obviously there is a learning curve, but there is a point where they either need to sink or swim and take their lumps and teams are so hesitant to go through that phase and yet it's necessary for a QBs development.

If they want Lynch to win the job, they need to give him more burn with the 1s and see how he does. I don't want him handed the job, but obviously Elway wants him to win it because he locked on to him and traded up to get him. I also don't think he's a franchise guy. I'm not sure Siemian is either, but I do think he gets a bad rap when he's really not a bad player.

Thanks, Tzimisce
thebestever6

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't know how someone can say with Lynch and his small sample size that he doesnt or will never have it between the ears. This is a guy who needed a year to develop. He looked great in a game and bad in 2.

Honestly, I think people overstate Siemians mental acuity which minimizes Lynch and his mental acuity. There's no doubt Siemian is far better than Lynch and his mental acuity. At the same time I think Alex Smith who many compare Siemian too has a higher mental acuity than Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton. It will never make Smith better than either player though.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just don't know how someone can say with Lynch and his small sample size that he doesnt or will never have it between the ears. This is a guy who needed a year to develop. He looked great in a game and bad in 2.

I watched Lynch a ton at Memphis too. He has better arm strength than Trevor and is taller. Those are the two traits he currently has over Siemian, unless something drastic has taken place between season end and OTA.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

I watched Lynch a ton at Memphis too. He has better arm strength than Trevor and is taller. Those are the two traits he currently has over Siemian, unless something drastic has taken place between season end and OTA.

He has every physical trait on Siemian. He's bigger, stronger, more athletic, a better runner, and has superior arm talent. Siemian's knowledge of the game, decision making, and ability to read defenses is superior.

As I said before, unless there is severe concerns about Lynch's mental makeup at some point Denver is going to have to give him a shot. Sitting and learning is all well and good, but taking practice reps and sitting in meeting rooms only gets you so far, neither compares to live game speed.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

He has every physical trait on Siemian. He's bigger, stronger, more athletic, a better runner, and has superior arm talent. Siemian's knowledge of the game, decision making, and ability to read defenses is superior.

As I said before, unless there is severe concerns about Lynch's mental makeup at some point Denver is going to have to give him a shot. Sitting and learning is all well and good, but taking practice reps and sitting in meeting rooms only gets you so far, neither compares to live game speed.

But you know what, all of the physical ability in the world doesn't matter one bit if you don't have it between the ears. QB is a mental position. We've seen tons of elite athletes flame out at the position, and guys who aren't the most athletic, but are as smart as can be succeed.

Thanks, Tzimisce

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: