You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top pass rushing prospects since 2014.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who would you take
Jadaveon Clowney
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Khalil Mack
43%
 43%  [ 19 ]
Aaron Donald
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Daunte Fowler
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Joey Bosa
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Leonard Floyd
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Shaq Thomson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Myles Garrett
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Solomon Thomas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Punter or kicker instead
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44

Author Message
daineraider


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 6969
Location: Salt Lake City
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked Clowney because of how the thread is worded. Based on them being college prospects I pick Clowney. Based on the player I want now give me Mack, Donald, Bosa, Clowney in that order.
_________________


Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11635
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go by who i wanted the most coming out of college during the mock draft seasons. Then you can easily tell my main 2 guys would be Khalil Mack who i wanted the Falcons to trade up for even over Clowney. or Vic Beasley who i had a massive man crush on during the season we drafted him. Im pretty sure anyone who does mock drafts or visit's that forum will tell you how tired they probably got of me banging the table for those 2 guys Very Happy

I started slow on Donald but by the end of it before the mock he was my #2 guy even over Clowney in that draft i wanted the Falcons to get.

Matthews was prob. my #4 or 5 guy after the edge rushers and DT's.

Now as much as i love Vic as a falcon and how much i wanted him in that draft i would be lying if i didn't say i wanted Mack even more than him. Mack was my favorite prospect of the last 4 or 5 years coming out.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 8099
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
If you go by who i wanted the most coming out of college during the mock draft seasons. Then you can easily tell my main 2 guys would be Khalil Mack who i wanted the Falcons to trade up for even over Clowney. or Vic Beasley who i had a massive man crush on during the season we drafted him. Im pretty sure anyone who does mock drafts or visit's that forum will tell you how tired they probably got of me banging the table for those 2 guys Very Happy

I started slow on Donald but by the end of it before the mock he was my #2 guy even over Clowney in that draft i wanted the Falcons to get.

Matthews was prob. my #4 or 5 guy after the edge rushers and DT's.

Now as much as i love Vic as a falcon and how much i wanted him in that draft i would be lying if i didn't say i wanted Mack even more than him. Mack was my favorite prospect of the last 4 or 5 years coming out.


I read somewhere that the falcons offered a 3rd to move up to 3.

Also read this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349818/article/report-falcons-jaguars-nearly-traded-round-1-picks

Jesus can you imagine the falcons if they had Mack AND Beasley both in their mid 20s Shocked .

I'm glad it worked out this way for us, but good lord I wouldn't bet against that Falcons team, especially with those 2 guys having a ton of passing downs with the high powered offense of atlanta and all.
_________________
Danand wrote:
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7641
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been team Bosa since his freshman year at tOSU, no reason to change. He will have at least one DPOY in his career.
_________________
@CoachHam6455
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Raider


Joined: 25 Jun 2014
Posts: 1869
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
As others have said...

If it's based on the players as prospects, then Clowney.

If it's based on what we know right now, then Mack (vote).


This.

Not sure why Clowney has 1 vote to Mack's 12.


I would say it's probably one half people misunderstanding the question, and one half people trying to seem smart retrospectively.


I said in the Raider forum before the draft that Mack was the top player in the draft and the best pass rusher I had evaluated in the past 5 years. I had a ridiculously high rating of him as a prospect. And didn't think there was a prayer he fell past Jacksonville or Cleveland to us. But I admit most had Clowney as the better prospect, but a lot of that is athletic ability, but it wasn't like Mack was an underwhelming athlete himself. The only real knock I could see on Mack was level of competition, which isn't an exact science like everything in the draft. As prospects I'd still have Mack one, Bosa second, Garrett third, and Clowney fourth in terms of edge guys. But Clowney injury history and total lack of motor far too often turned me off on him a lot more than some. I've been way off on a LOT of things in the draft but how highly I valued Mack is one of the things I've been right on.
_________________

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
As others have said...

If it's based on the players as prospects, then Clowney.

If it's based on what we know right now, then Mack (vote).


This.

Not sure why Clowney has 1 vote to Mack's 12.


I would say it's probably one half people misunderstanding the question, and one half people trying to seem smart retrospectively.


I said in the Raider forum before the draft that Mack was the top player in the draft and the best pass rusher I had evaluated in the past 5 years. I had a ridiculously high rating of him as a prospect. And didn't think there was a prayer he fell past Jacksonville or Cleveland to us. But I admit most had Clowney as the better prospect, but a lot of that is athletic ability, but it wasn't like Mack was an underwhelming athlete himself. The only real knock I could see on Mack was level of competition, which isn't an exact science like everything in the draft. As prospects I'd still have Mack one, Bosa second, Garrett third, and Clowney fourth in terms of edge guys. But Clowney injury history and total lack of motor far too often turned me off on him a lot more than some. I've been way off on a LOT of things in the draft but how highly I valued Mack is one of the things I've been right on.


There are always people who prefers a prospect over the consensus top prospect. I'd even give the benefit of the doubt and say 20% preferred Mack to Clowney but realistically the masses had Clowney so Mack shouldn't really be in the poll because there was a clear cut (although not a consensus but there rarely is) better edge prospect in his own draft.

I'm a Browns fan and I have Bosa comfortably ahead of Garrett (hope I'm way off though) and Clowney and admittedly didn't do any research on Mack when he came out.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bananabucket


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 1711
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
As others have said...

If it's based on the players as prospects, then Clowney.

If it's based on what we know right now, then Mack (vote).


This.

Not sure why Clowney has 1 vote to Mack's 12.


I would say it's probably one half people misunderstanding the question, and one half people trying to seem smart retrospectively.


Not everyone was on the Clowney hype train
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 18959
Location: CA
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was extremely high on Mack, Donald, and Beasley coming out.

1. Clowney
2. Garrett
3. Mack
4. Donald
5. Beasley
6. Bosa
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 5450
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dante Fowler is horrible. Such a bad pick.
_________________


^^el ramster^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brseahawks


Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Posts: 834
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming out as a prospect, I have Myles Garrett higher than Clowney.

Knowing where their carreers went, I take Aaron Donald. He's been the clear cut the #2 defender in the league ever since he got in the league on a year per year average,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheMonarch1110


Joined: 09 Mar 2013
Posts: 645
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Texans should've taken Mack instead. He has my vote.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney and Garrett are on the same level then Mack. Bosa, Donald, and Beasley to follow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 91020
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either people don't understand the question(or i don't) or they are trying to look smart because most everyone here thought Clowney would be a great prospect. He had all the tools and everything. Now he hasn't panned out though but as a prospect i feel like he should be winning this poll hands down
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Raider


Joined: 25 Jun 2014
Posts: 1869
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
As others have said...

If it's based on the players as prospects, then Clowney.

If it's based on what we know right now, then Mack (vote).


This.

Not sure why Clowney has 1 vote to Mack's 12.


I would say it's probably one half people misunderstanding the question, and one half people trying to seem smart retrospectively.


I said in the Raider forum before the draft that Mack was the top player in the draft and the best pass rusher I had evaluated in the past 5 years. I had a ridiculously high rating of him as a prospect. And didn't think there was a prayer he fell past Jacksonville or Cleveland to us. But I admit most had Clowney as the better prospect, but a lot of that is athletic ability, but it wasn't like Mack was an underwhelming athlete himself. The only real knock I could see on Mack was level of competition, which isn't an exact science like everything in the draft. As prospects I'd still have Mack one, Bosa second, Garrett third, and Clowney fourth in terms of edge guys. But Clowney injury history and total lack of motor far too often turned me off on him a lot more than some. I've been way off on a LOT of things in the draft but how highly I valued Mack is one of the things I've been right on.


There are always people who prefers a prospect over the consensus top prospect. I'd even give the benefit of the doubt and say 20% preferred Mack to Clowney but realistically the masses had Clowney so Mack shouldn't really be in the poll because there was a clear cut (although not a consensus but there rarely is) better edge prospect in his own draft.

I'm a Browns fan and I have Bosa comfortably ahead of Garrett (hope I'm way off though) and Clowney and admittedly didn't do any research on Mack when he came out.


I don't know, I'd say it was closer to 35 percent. I remember Mayock said Mack should have went first overall, Hodge called him the most complete LB he's seen in a while, might have even been ever. And I remember others saying LT comparisons. I think the Clowney we saw as a sophomore would have been the consensus far and away, but after his junior year there were more than a small minority that cooled on him. Granted Mack playing for Buffalo still hurt him, but all you had to do was turn on the Ohio State game and see how dominant he was. Plus he had the record for forced fumbles and maybe tackles for loss. He was a hell of a prospect to most and there was a smaller but still very real portion of evaluators that thought he was number one overall good.
_________________

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3355
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Aaron Donald would of got more love in this thread as a he has been excellent from the inside.

Retrospective analysis of someone like Clowney is always interesting, a super freak athlete that hasn't loved up to his pre draft status but isn't a bust.

I worded the question ambiguously because I just wanted to gather a section of thoughts about the last few years of pass rushers.

thanks for all who contributed to the thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group