You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top pass rushing prospects since 2014.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who would you take
Jadaveon Clowney
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Khalil Mack
43%
 43%  [ 19 ]
Aaron Donald
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Daunte Fowler
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Joey Bosa
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Leonard Floyd
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Shaq Thomson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Myles Garrett
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Solomon Thomas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Punter or kicker instead
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44

Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Top pass rushing prospects since 2014. Reply with quote

You can pick one, who would you take and why?
Bolts223

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean are we supposed to take into account what we know now about them or just based on how they were ranked at the time? Because at the time of the draft Clowney was considered a better prospect, but Mack has definitely been the better NFL player.
game3525

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they all the same age? If so, then give me Mack. If not, giving me Bosa.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just go with hype coming out it was either Clowney or Garrett. As far as who looked like the best prospect to me, Bosa. All three of them had a down year by their own standards their final year in college but Bosa was the only one that dominated his man on a consistent basis during his down year. Garrett had the injury excuse and Clowney may have also, but there were whispers of laziness.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack, Bosa, Donald... and then i'll think about the rest later
tom cody

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khalil Mack got my vote.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming out, probably Clowney. He was definitely the most hyped prospect of the group there. With hindsight, I'd say Donald, just because that level of interior pressure is difficult to find.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming out, it's close for me between Clowney, Garrett, and Bosa. They were better as prospects IMO than the field.

Who I'd rather have, after seeing how they performed in the NFL, comes down to Donald, Bosa, and Mack.

Would probably lean towards Donald/Bosa, since they can rush from the interior - which is a rarer trait than edge rushing IMO.

biletnikoff wrote:
I can guarantee the Pats wont make it to the SB. Thats a lock. I will not be wrong. It doesnt matter whether its because of losses or Brady going down.It just wont happen.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chargers fans... How accurate is this film breakdown of Bosa as a rookie? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQEX7DGs8tE

I admit I haven't even watched 1 Chargers game in the last couple years, so I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to his performance.

From what I've seen out of the other guys though, I'd take either Mack or Donald without hesitation.

mike23md on the sig
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said...

If it's based on the players as prospects, then Clowney.

If it's based on what we know right now, then Mack (vote).
KennyBania

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
As others have said...

This.

Not sure why Clowney has 1 vote to Mack's 12.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
As others have said...

This.

Not sure why Clowney has 1 vote to Mack's 12.

I would say it's probably one half people misunderstanding the question, and one half people trying to seem smart retrospectively.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Chargers fans... How accurate is this film breakdown of Bosa as a rookie? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQEX7DGs8tE

I admit I haven't even watched 1 Chargers game in the last couple years, so I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to his performance.

From what I've seen out of the other guys though, I'd take either Mack or Donald without hesitation.

Meh, I think this breakdown is a tad bit harsh on Bosa. Ledyard did a similar breakdown and had Bosa with 8 high quality sacks.
Bolts223

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

I think he brings up some interesting points but I think he is not giving Bosa quite enough credit. He seems to knock him for relentlessly pursuing QB's for his sacks as if that is a bad thing, when in fact I consider that a great part of his game. Also every Elite DE gets some freebie sacks every now and then, Bosa isn't the only one that got sacks completely unblocked.

Finally sacks are somewhat of an overrated stat anyways. Bosa had a ton of pressures which is sometimes more important as it can cause QB's to make mistakes.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolts223 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

I think he brings up some interesting points but I think he is not giving Bosa quite enough credit. He seems to knock him for relentlessly pursuing QB's for his sacks as if that is a bad thing, when in fact I consider that a great part of his game. Also every Elite DE gets some freebie sacks every now and then, Bosa isn't the only one that got sacks completely unblocked.

Finally sacks are somewhat of an overrated stat anyways. Bosa had a ton of pressures which is sometimes more important as it can cause QB's to make mistakes.

Here was the thing they pulled up on that:

http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/film-study-nfl/defense-film-study-nfl/2017/01/09/2016-contextualizing-sack-production-results/

They gave bosa a little more credit here. He's in the middle of casual fan consensus and Kollman. He's already a good defender, but there's definitely a gap between him and the elite guys that he has to close. That being said, he's 21 and I don't doubt that he will next season.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: