You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Doctson 2017 Expectations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Josh Doctson 2017 Expectations Reply with quote

I really liked him in college, and saw some nice things during his short rookie season. Do you think he can be a legit WR2? Do you think he will ever become the #1 WR for the Redskins?

What do you think his final statline will be?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh Doctson 2017 Expectations Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
I really liked him in college, and saw some nice things during his short rookie season. Do you think he can be a legit WR2? Do you think he will ever become the #1 WR for the Redskins?

What do you think his final statline will be?
I think he'll put up #2 type #s. I believe he'll have a similar year to what Garçon had for the Redskins last year except Doctson will have a few more TDs because he's a better redzone rather.

Something like 60 recs, 900 yds and 6 TDs.

I think eventually he'll be a #1 wr but I hope we re-sign Pryor and if we do, Pryor will be our #1 for the next 4 or 5 seasons.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think Doctson will be the #2. Pryor, I could see him being the #1 for a few years, not sure about 4-5 though.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Yeah, I think Doctson will be the #2. Pryor, I could see him being the #1 for a few years, not sure about 4-5 though.
If Pryor gets a long term deal I imagine him being our best wr through most of that contract, and I think he'll be the #1 wr this year.

So, including this year that adds up to 4 or 5 years.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see Pryor playing with a viable QB. The dude was just about the only threat on the Browns team and yet still managed 1000 yards with 5 different QBs who were arguably at best back ups for any other team.

Form all accounts he is working his A-- off to learn this dynamic offense and you know he will be a prime target in the redzone for Cousins.

Doctson all I can say what I have been saying since last year's draft. I have not seen a WR since Julio Jones catch a ball like he does. Super soft hands, its seems he absorbs the ball into his hands. Garcon many strength was being physical and being able to catch the ball. Well Doctson is better than him at least in catching the ball. I can see Cousins looking for him when he absolutely much have a catch for a first. The dude arguably will be the receiver with the least amount of drops in the NFL, book this.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
I can't wait to see Pryor playing with a viable QB. The dude was just about the only threat on the Browns team and yet still managed 1000 yards with 5 different QBs who were arguably at best back ups for any other team.

Form all accounts he is working his A-- off to learn this dynamic offense and you know he will be a prime target in the redzone for Cousins.

Doctson all I can say what I have been saying since last year's draft. I have not seen a WR since Julio Jones catch a ball like he does. Super soft hands, its seems he absorbs the ball into his hands. Garcon many strength was being physical and being able to catch the ball. Well Doctson is better than him at least in catching the ball. I can see Cousins looking for him when he absolutely much have a catch for a first. The dude arguably will be the receiver with the least amount of drops in the NFL, book this.
I have the same hope. One thing to think about is that neither Garçon or Jackson were WRs that were great at winning 50/50 balls and high pointing balls in the endzone or wherever. Pryor and Doctson are better at that which makes me believe we will have even more drives sustained and be better in the redzone. No more ints because Garçon or Jackson couldn't or didn't jump up and get the reception, at worst that pass will be incomplete.

Dashing

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd sa 750-3 touchdowns in a 60 rec ball range .

Crowder and Pryor will take a lot of catches away .
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

Nice conservative prediction. My blind optimism will make me say more. At least definitely more TD's. Hope he gets a better stat line than 750-3 though. That's not much fun to watch Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

I think Doctson will get more yards than that and TDs but be in the 60 to 70 reception area. I don't think Doctson will be too far off of Garcon's production in receptions and yards but because he's a better redzone target so he should get a few more TDs than Garçon gave us every year.

I do agree Pryor, Reed and Crowder will be our top 3 targets but Crowder will probably do similar to what he did last year and they aren't going to throw every other pass to Pryor and Reed.

Doctson will get his chances to produce, let's hope he takes advantage of them, I believe he will!

DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

I think Doctson will get more yards than that and TDs but be in the 60 to 70 reception area. I don't think Doctson will be too far off of Garcon's production in receptions and yards but because he's a better redzone target so he should get a few more TDs than Garçon gave us every year.

I do agree Pryor, Reed and Crowder will be our top 3 targets but Crowder will probably do similar to what he did last year and they aren't going to throw every other pass to Pryor and Reed.

Doctson will get his chances to produce, let's hope he takes advantage of them, I believe he will!
Another point is that Cousins' yards in the air per pass were actually extremely good. With TWO tall fast WR's who can reach for the deep balls AND jump balls, have a larger catch radius, shield their defender from the ball, and locate well, in addition to the crazy space that Pryor creates somehow in games, I see their YPC being Very, very high

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was taken out for the second half of practice yesterday.... Apparently he's still having problems with his Achilles. I wouldn't get too hyped up until he proves he can play in a full game.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwray2727 wrote:
He was taken out for the second half of practice yesterday.... Apparently he's still having problems with his Achilles. I wouldn't get too hyped up until he proves he can play in a full game.
This is very, very discouraging. Predictions were obviously based on him PLAYING... Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwray2727 wrote:
Gruden said that's not why he was taken out. If I remember correctly, Gruden said it was more or less a scheduled day off. They reported in April that even though he's 100% they'd work him back slowly.

http://m.washingtontimes.com

Quote:
“I was just taking it slow, baby steps,” said Doctson, who was held out of team drills Wednesday with coach Jay Gruden saying it’s not related to Achilles tendon issues. “There was days I came out here and I would tell the strength coaches, ‘Hey I want to get out here and run,’ and those guys were telling me, ‘No, just wait, there’s no rush.’ Even during OTAs I’m just full speed but I’m also maintaining at the same time. You don’t want to do too much because it’s my second year so I know training camp is when I need to be ready to go.”

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
jwray2727 wrote:
Gruden said that's not why he was taken out. If I remember correctly, Gruden said it was more or less a scheduled day off. They reported in April that even though he's 100% they'd work him back slowly.

Thank you turtle. That other news was poop on my great day.
(By the way- holy smokes that was fast)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

hoping you are right and its probably about a 30% Probability. The other probabilities are below:

30% 35 catches 500 yards and 3 touchdowns with injury forcing him out

20% 0 Catches and he is on IR with achilles, foot or other injury

20% >80 catches and > 1100 yards and 8 touchdowns

Math lovers ( like me because its so helpful in successful gambling or pulling girls from a nightclub lol) can tell me what we bet he does to manage the various performance and their probabilities if we were betting an over and under for catches, yards and touchdowns.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: