You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Expectations From Duke Johnson In 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 5383
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duke is better than people are giving him credit for. He's faster than people think. He doesn't really break tackles though, that is true. He's an excellent receiver, good pass blocker, and has top notch vision. While he isn't effective at breaking tackles, he can and will run between the tackles hard. He also employs a nasty stiff arm.

As far as production? Way too hard to predict. He could be a 1,000 yard RB and a 500+ yard receiver, but he won't likely receive enough touches to get close. It just depends on how much Hue uses him. It also doesn't help when we are always losing and can't establish a run game. His statlines will be all over the place.
_________________
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 470
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't disagree more with so many takes on Duke Johnson as "soft," lacking another gear, lacking next level burst, and not being that good.

To me, he's one of the most underrated players in the NFL that has been underutilized due to poor offensive talent at the QB and OL and WR positions. He is also tough as nails as he played through injuries.

To address the first point of duke being "soft" because he has to come out and gets injured: Football is a violent sport. RB is a position that receives violent force. B/c a player gets injured at that position does not mean they are soft or not tough. Is Adrian Peterson soft b/c he gets injured? Was MJD soft when he came out multiple times and played through injuries? What about Frank Gore who comes out all the time due to dings but always goes back in?

If you battle through injuries, you're not soft.
Those that think Duke is soft are probably on the Joe Haden is soft foolishness when he sat out due to brain injury or played through two torn groins that required surgery. Have any of you ever had to walk with two torn groins?

In games last year, Duke showed elite burst to get to the second level and ran like he was shot out of a cannon. I seriously have no idea what you all are talking about in terms of him not having burst or quickness as a scat back.

In college, he carried it 242 times as primary back. He's tough in between the tackles and has elite balance. He has limitations just like all players.

This guy has caught the ball for over 500 yards his first to seasons over 50 receptions his first few seasons and sees no carries behind poor oline play. In a competent offense that establishes rhythm, he could easily be in the 700/700 club if not 800/800 club making him one of the best second backs in the league.

Duke is a special, underutilized, and tough player with some long speed limitations.
_________________
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 995
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Duke's ceiling as Gio Bernard's best season in Cinci, but with a bigger contribution to the passing game out of necessity because our WR group pales in comparison to Cinci's group, and we will need him to help out in that area.
_________________
But wait! There's more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3355
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
I couldn't disagree more with so many takes on Duke Johnson as "soft," lacking another gear, lacking next level burst, and not being that good.

To me, he's one of the most underrated players in the NFL that has been underutilized due to poor offensive talent at the QB and OL and WR positions. He is also tough as nails as he played through injuries.

To address the first point of duke being "soft" because he has to come out and gets injured: Football is a violent sport. RB is a position that receives violent force. B/c a player gets injured at that position does not mean they are soft or not tough. Is Adrian Peterson soft b/c he gets injured? Was MJD soft when he came out multiple times and played through injuries? What about Frank Gore who comes out all the time due to dings but always goes back in?

If you battle through injuries, you're not soft.
Those that think Duke is soft are probably on the Joe Haden is soft foolishness when he sat out due to brain injury or played through two torn groins that required surgery. Have any of you ever had to walk with two torn groins?

In games last year, Duke showed elite burst to get to the second level and ran like he was shot out of a cannon. I seriously have no idea what you all are talking about in terms of him not having burst or quickness as a scat back.

In college, he carried it 242 times as primary back. He's tough in between the tackles and has elite balance. He has limitations just like all players.

This guy has caught the ball for over 500 yards his first to seasons over 50 receptions his first few seasons and sees no carries behind poor oline play. In a competent offense that establishes rhythm, he could easily be in the 700/700 club if not 800/800 club making him one of the best second backs in the league.

Duke is a special, underutilized, and tough player with some long speed limitations.

I wouldn't call him soft but he isn't nfl durable he proved this last year by going out often after heavy contact.
If he can't take heavy contact he isn't Nfl starter, one of things I like about crow is that he doesn't go out injured, for a running back that is like a top 5 quality that they need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 470
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
I couldn't disagree more with so many takes on Duke Johnson as "soft," lacking another gear, lacking next level burst, and not being that good.

To me, he's one of the most underrated players in the NFL that has been underutilized due to poor offensive talent at the QB and OL and WR positions. He is also tough as nails as he played through injuries.

To address the first point of duke being "soft" because he has to come out and gets injured: Football is a violent sport. RB is a position that receives violent force. B/c a player gets injured at that position does not mean they are soft or not tough. Is Adrian Peterson soft b/c he gets injured? Was MJD soft when he came out multiple times and played through injuries? What about Frank Gore who comes out all the time due to dings but always goes back in?


If you battle through injuries, you're not soft.
Those that think Duke is soft are probably on the Joe Haden is soft foolishness when he sat out due to brain injury or played through two torn groins that required surgery. Have any of you ever had to walk with two torn groins?

In games last year, Duke showed elite burst to get to the second level and ran like he was shot out of a cannon. I seriously have no idea what you all are talking about in terms of him not having burst or quickness as a scat back.

In college, he carried it 242 times as primary back. He's tough in between the tackles and has elite balance. He has limitations just like all players.

This guy has caught the ball for over 500 yards his first to seasons over 50 receptions his first few seasons and sees no carries behind poor oline play. In a competent offense that establishes rhythm, he could easily be in the 700/700 club if not 800/800 club making him one of the best second backs in the league.

Duke is a special, underutilized, and tough player with some long speed limitations.

I wouldn't call him soft but he isn't nfl durable he proved this last year by going out often after heavy contact.
If he can't take heavy contact he isn't Nfl starter, one of things I like about crow is that he doesn't go out injured, for a running back that is like a top 5 quality that they need.


It's easy to see him coming out as injuring something new thus being brittle and not durable, but in fact Duke played through severe rib and high ankle injuries whereby some hits would be jarring and he'd have to limp to the sideline. Some players with similar injuries you don't see limp to the sideline because they don't suit up and take the field.

Also, if it was necessary Duke would've played, but most of the time him coming out was by design because he was not our lead back but Crow was. In Duke's first year, he had an ankle injury and didn't come out. He's never missed a game.

I remember watching him come out a lot last year and thinking "Man...that high ankle sprain and rib injury must hurt since he just gothit in the side."

I think he's tough and durable. Hasn't missed a game...seeks out contact...plays through high ankle and rib injuries.

For those thinking Duke is not durable and/or not that good....We'll just have to agree to disagree.
_________________
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick


Last edited by Mind Character on Mon May 29, 2017 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3355
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
I couldn't disagree more with so many takes on Duke Johnson as "soft," lacking another gear, lacking next level burst, and not being that good.

To me, he's one of the most underrated players in the NFL that has been underutilized due to poor offensive talent at the QB and OL and WR positions. He is also tough as nails as he played through injuries.

To address the first point of duke being "soft" because he has to come out and gets injured: Football is a violent sport. RB is a position that receives violent force. B/c a player gets injured at that position does not mean they are soft or not tough. Is Adrian Peterson soft b/c he gets injured? Was MJD soft when he came out multiple times and played through injuries? What about Frank Gore who comes out all the time due to dings but always goes back in?


If you battle through injuries, you're not soft.
Those that think Duke is soft are probably on the Joe Haden is soft foolishness when he sat out due to brain injury or played through two torn groins that required surgery. Have any of you ever had to walk with two torn groins?

In games last year, Duke showed elite burst to get to the second level and ran like he was shot out of a cannon. I seriously have no idea what you all are talking about in terms of him not having burst or quickness as a scat back.

In college, he carried it 242 times as primary back. He's tough in between the tackles and has elite balance. He has limitations just like all players.

This guy has caught the ball for over 500 yards his first to seasons over 50 receptions his first few seasons and sees no carries behind poor oline play. In a competent offense that establishes rhythm, he could easily be in the 700/700 club if not 800/800 club making him one of the best second backs in the league.

Duke is a special, underutilized, and tough player with some long speed limitations.

I wouldn't call him soft but he isn't nfl durable he proved this last year by going out often after heavy contact.
If he can't take heavy contact he isn't Nfl starter, one of things I like about crow is that he doesn't go out injured, for a running back that is like a top 5 quality that they need.


It's easy to see him coming out as injuring something new thus being brittle and not durable, but in fact Duke played through severe rib and high ankle injuries whereby some hits would be jarring and he'd have to limp to the sideline. Some players with similar injuries you don't see limp to the sideline because they don't suit up and take the field.

Also, if it was necessary Duke would've played, but most of the time him coming out was by design because he was a lead back. In Duke's first year, he had an ankle injury and didn't come out.

I remember watching him come out a lot last year and thinking "Man...that high ankle sprain and rib injury must hurt since he just gothit in the side."

I think he's tough and durable. Hasn't missed a game...seeks out contact...plays through high ankle and rib injuries.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.


I wasn't aware of those injuries if it is the case then he certainly is tough.
But injuries discriminate in that some people get a lot of them and others don't, whether is is conditioning or phenotype I do not know, but it seems injuries aren't 'fair' in distribution.

So far Duke has had a lot of injuries and Crow hasn't and I think that is important, especially for a running back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 470
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
I couldn't disagree more with so many takes on Duke Johnson as "soft," lacking another gear, lacking next level burst, and not being that good.

To me, he's one of the most underrated players in the NFL that has been underutilized due to poor offensive talent at the QB and OL and WR positions. He is also tough as nails as he played through injuries.

To address the first point of duke being "soft" because he has to come out and gets injured: Football is a violent sport. RB is a position that receives violent force. B/c a player gets injured at that position does not mean they are soft or not tough. Is Adrian Peterson soft b/c he gets injured? Was MJD soft when he came out multiple times and played through injuries? What about Frank Gore who comes out all the time due to dings but always goes back in?


If you battle through injuries, you're not soft.
Those that think Duke is soft are probably on the Joe Haden is soft foolishness when he sat out due to brain injury or played through two torn groins that required surgery. Have any of you ever had to walk with two torn groins?

In games last year, Duke showed elite burst to get to the second level and ran like he was shot out of a cannon. I seriously have no idea what you all are talking about in terms of him not having burst or quickness as a scat back.

In college, he carried it 242 times as primary back. He's tough in between the tackles and has elite balance. He has limitations just like all players.

This guy has caught the ball for over 500 yards his first to seasons over 50 receptions his first few seasons and sees no carries behind poor oline play. In a competent offense that establishes rhythm, he could easily be in the 700/700 club if not 800/800 club making him one of the best second backs in the league.

Duke is a special, underutilized, and tough player with some long speed limitations.

I wouldn't call him soft but he isn't nfl durable he proved this last year by going out often after heavy contact.
If he can't take heavy contact he isn't Nfl starter, one of things I like about crow is that he doesn't go out injured, for a running back that is like a top 5 quality that they need.


It's easy to see him coming out as injuring something new thus being brittle and not durable, but in fact Duke played through severe rib and high ankle injuries whereby some hits would be jarring and he'd have to limp to the sideline. Some players with similar injuries you don't see limp to the sideline because they don't suit up and take the field.

Also, if it was necessary Duke would've played, but most of the time him coming out was by design because he was a lead back. In Duke's first year, he had an ankle injury and didn't come out.

I remember watching him come out a lot last year and thinking "Man...that high ankle sprain and rib injury must hurt since he just gothit in the side."

I think he's tough and durable. Hasn't missed a game...seeks out contact...plays through high ankle and rib injuries.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.


I wasn't aware of those injuries if it is the case then he certainly is tough.
But injuries discriminate in that some people get a lot of them and others don't, whether is is conditioning or phenotype I do not know, but it seems injuries aren't 'fair' in distribution.

So far Duke has had a lot of injuries and Crow hasn't and I think that is important, especially for a running back.


Your last point in that Crow hasn't been injured (that we know of) and Duke has is a fair point.


But I think it's easy to come up with reasons like (he's small or not durable) when big players and big backs get injured as well.

So, the question is when is a RB injury attributable to his size, body makeup, etc...That's hard to know. Whenever a small players gets injured...it's because of his size. Whenever a big player gets injured...the size of the player is not an explanation that's at the forefront of fans minds.

The hits that duke got injured on were serious hits to the ankle or double hits from multiple players.

Also, how many of duke's injuries have limited his on-field impact? When he had the high ankle sprain that was tapped up with black tape on one ankle high up on his shin...I told myself I wonder how he'd run on it. His first or second carry in he an explosive 15 yard run then asked to come out for a few plays then caught 5 yard pass short of the first down marker on 3rd down. Therefore, he only missed a few plays and he strapped it on the next week.

Played all 16 games. His injuries are common RB injuries.

I just think the Duke not being durable thing is being overblown because he's a smaller back and ppl can remember vividly him coming out a lot but no one seems to remember his tapped up ankle and the explosive/impactful play he made on that bum ankle before asking to come out some times.
_________________
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3355
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
I couldn't disagree more with so many takes on Duke Johnson as "soft," lacking another gear, lacking next level burst, and not being that good.

To me, he's one of the most underrated players in the NFL that has been underutilized due to poor offensive talent at the QB and OL and WR positions. He is also tough as nails as he played through injuries.

To address the first point of duke being "soft" because he has to come out and gets injured: Football is a violent sport. RB is a position that receives violent force. B/c a player gets injured at that position does not mean they are soft or not tough. Is Adrian Peterson soft b/c he gets injured? Was MJD soft when he came out multiple times and played through injuries? What about Frank Gore who comes out all the time due to dings but always goes back in?


If you battle through injuries, you're not soft.
Those that think Duke is soft are probably on the Joe Haden is soft foolishness when he sat out due to brain injury or played through two torn groins that required surgery. Have any of you ever had to walk with two torn groins?

In games last year, Duke showed elite burst to get to the second level and ran like he was shot out of a cannon. I seriously have no idea what you all are talking about in terms of him not having burst or quickness as a scat back.

In college, he carried it 242 times as primary back. He's tough in between the tackles and has elite balance. He has limitations just like all players.

This guy has caught the ball for over 500 yards his first to seasons over 50 receptions his first few seasons and sees no carries behind poor oline play. In a competent offense that establishes rhythm, he could easily be in the 700/700 club if not 800/800 club making him one of the best second backs in the league.

Duke is a special, underutilized, and tough player with some long speed limitations.

I wouldn't call him soft but he isn't nfl durable he proved this last year by going out often after heavy contact.
If he can't take heavy contact he isn't Nfl starter, one of things I like about crow is that he doesn't go out injured, for a running back that is like a top 5 quality that they need.


It's easy to see him coming out as injuring something new thus being brittle and not durable, but in fact Duke played through severe rib and high ankle injuries whereby some hits would be jarring and he'd have to limp to the sideline. Some players with similar injuries you don't see limp to the sideline because they don't suit up and take the field.

Also, if it was necessary Duke would've played, but most of the time him coming out was by design because he was a lead back. In Duke's first year, he had an ankle injury and didn't come out.

I remember watching him come out a lot last year and thinking "Man...that high ankle sprain and rib injury must hurt since he just gothit in the side."

I think he's tough and durable. Hasn't missed a game...seeks out contact...plays through high ankle and rib injuries.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.


I wasn't aware of those injuries if it is the case then he certainly is tough.
But injuries discriminate in that some people get a lot of them and others don't, whether is is conditioning or phenotype I do not know, but it seems injuries aren't 'fair' in distribution.

So far Duke has had a lot of injuries and Crow hasn't and I think that is important, especially for a running back.


Your last point in that Crow hasn't been injured (that we know of) and Duke has is a fair point.


But I think it's easy to come up with reasons like (he's small or not durable) when big players and big backs get injured as well.

So, the question is when is a RB injury attributable to his size, body makeup, etc...That's hard to know. Whenever a small players gets injured...it's because of his size. Whenever a big player gets injured...the size of the player is not an explanation that's at the forefront of fans minds.

The hits that duke got injured on were serious hits to the ankle or double hits from multiple players.

Also, how many of duke's injuries have limited his on-field impact? When he had the high ankle sprain that was tapped up with black tape on one ankle high up on his shin...I told myself I wonder how he'd run on it. His first or second carry in he an explosive 15 yard run then asked to come out for a few plays then caught 5 yard pass short of the first down marker on 3rd down. Therefore, he only missed a few plays and he strapped it on the next week.

Played all 16 games. His injuries are common RB injuries.

I just think the Duke not being durable thing is being overblown because he's a smaller back and ppl can remember vividly him coming out a lot but no one seems to remember his tapped up ankle and the explosive/impactful play he made on that bum ankle before asking to come out some times.


I think is a valuable asset and I am glad he is on our team.

I prefer him in the slot over our slot receivers is how high i rate him as a receiver. I think he is part of our best 11 on offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
I see Duke's ceiling as Gio Bernard's best season in Cinci, but with a bigger contribution to the passing game out of necessity because our WR group pales in comparison to Cinci's group, and we will need him to help out in that area.


I like that he can line out wide and in the slot. Very versatile.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Duke is better than people are giving him credit for. He's faster than people think. He doesn't really break tackles though, that is true. He's an excellent receiver, good pass blocker, and has top notch vision. While he isn't effective at breaking tackles, he can and will run between the tackles hard. He also employs a nasty stiff arm.

As far as production? Way too hard to predict. He could be a 1,000 yard RB and a 500+ yard receiver, but he won't likely receive enough touches to get close. It just depends on how much Hue uses him. It also doesn't help when we are always losing and can't establish a run game. His statlines will be all over the place.


Is he a good pass blocker now? I honestly don't know, but I remember that being a huge knock on him when he started at UMiami and it was also a knock on him during the draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3355
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
Duke is better than people are giving him credit for. He's faster than people think. He doesn't really break tackles though, that is true. He's an excellent receiver, good pass blocker, and has top notch vision. While he isn't effective at breaking tackles, he can and will run between the tackles hard. He also employs a nasty stiff arm.

As far as production? Way too hard to predict. He could be a 1,000 yard RB and a 500+ yard receiver, but he won't likely receive enough touches to get close. It just depends on how much Hue uses him. It also doesn't help when we are always losing and can't establish a run game. His statlines will be all over the place.


Is he a good pass blocker now? I honestly don't know, but I remember that being a huge knock on him when he started at UMiami and it was also a knock on him during the draft.


He did well last year as a pass blocker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1662
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think his vision is what is holding Duke back. He does everything well but nothing great and I think the reason for that is his C+/B- level vision. He is quick, can catch and can break tackles pretty well for a guy his size but what separates him from a guy like Freeman is his vision to hit cutback lanes and make guys miss in the hole.

I really think Hue loves his versatility though and I think he gets a 3 year extension when Crow walks after this season. I then think we draft a bigger between the tackles RB higher in the draft to pair with Duke to take Crows place. Guice, Scarborough or Chubb could all be options with the Texans 1st rounder or one of our 2nds depending how they perform this year.

We have spend a bunch of picks in the front half of the draft and FA $$ on the trenches. I think next year is the year you see them load talent at skill positions such as WR, RB, CB, S with those 5 picks in the first 2 rounds.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 995
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
I think his vision is what is holding Duke back. He does everything well but nothing great and I think the reason for that is his C+/B- level vision. He is quick, can catch and can break tackles pretty well for a guy his size but what separates him from a guy like Freeman is his vision to hit cutback lanes and make guys miss in the hole.

I really think Hue loves his versatility though and I think he gets a 3 year extension when Crow walks after this season. I then think we draft a bigger between the tackles RB higher in the draft to pair with Duke to take Crows place. Guice, Scarborough or Chubb could all be options with the Texans 1st rounder or one of our 2nds depending how they perform this year.

We have spend a bunch of picks in the front half of the draft and FA $$ on the trenches. I think next year is the year you see them load talent at skill positions such as WR, RB, CB, S with those 5 picks in the first 2 rounds.


I think (and hope) that you are wrong about Crow. I think he has a monster year behind our new line if they stay healthy, and he gets paid (by the Browns) after next year.
_________________
But wait! There's more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1662
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
I think his vision is what is holding Duke back. He does everything well but nothing great and I think the reason for that is his C+/B- level vision. He is quick, can catch and can break tackles pretty well for a guy his size but what separates him from a guy like Freeman is his vision to hit cutback lanes and make guys miss in the hole.

I really think Hue loves his versatility though and I think he gets a 3 year extension when Crow walks after this season. I then think we draft a bigger between the tackles RB higher in the draft to pair with Duke to take Crows place. Guice, Scarborough or Chubb could all be options with the Texans 1st rounder or one of our 2nds depending how they perform this year.

We have spend a bunch of picks in the front half of the draft and FA $$ on the trenches. I think next year is the year you see them load talent at skill positions such as WR, RB, CB, S with those 5 picks in the first 2 rounds.


I think (and hope) that you are wrong about Crow. I think he has a monster year behind our new line if they stay healthy, and he gets paid (by the Browns) after next year.


I dont know man--it would be nice to keep him, but it just feels like its not going to work after he wanted a new contract and we wouldnt give it to him.

Plus, I think hes a solid, but def. upgradable RB He can break off big runs on occasion for sure but I dont want to settle if we can go get a guy like Barkley next year or if Guice looks like Zeke as a prospect
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
I think his vision is what is holding Duke back. He does everything well but nothing great and I think the reason for that is his C+/B- level vision. He is quick, can catch and can break tackles pretty well for a guy his size but what separates him from a guy like Freeman is his vision to hit cutback lanes and make guys miss in the hole.

I really think Hue loves his versatility though and I think he gets a 3 year extension when Crow walks after this season. I then think we draft a bigger between the tackles RB higher in the draft to pair with Duke to take Crows place. Guice, Scarborough or Chubb could all be options with the Texans 1st rounder or one of our 2nds depending how they perform this year.

We have spend a bunch of picks in the front half of the draft and FA $$ on the trenches. I think next year is the year you see them load talent at skill positions such as WR, RB, CB, S with those 5 picks in the first 2 rounds.


I think (and hope) that you are wrong about Crow. I think he has a monster year behind our new line if they stay healthy, and he gets paid (by the Browns) after next year.


I dont know man--it would be nice to keep him, but it just feels like its not going to work after he wanted a new contract and we wouldnt give it to him.

Plus, I think hes a solid, but def. upgradable RB He can break off big runs on occasion for sure but I dont want to settle if we can go get a guy like Barkley next year or if Guice looks like Zeke as a prospect


Maybe but he is talking positive about the team so it doesn't seem like there are any hurt feeling. Also he won't turn 25 until after the season and he hasn't had workhorse type of carries so he could get a pretty long deal like 4 or 5 years.

Crowell isn't a top 3 type back but he can be just below the elite guys. He is a hard runner and can make people miss in the secondary. He can't make them miss in the backfield so he likely will never be ranked as a top back but with a push from the offensive line he can be a 1500 yard back.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group