You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Expectations From Duke Johnson In 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Expectations From Duke Johnson In 2017 Reply with quote

I've always had a man-crush on Duke's game. You all think he will find the endzone some more this year now that the Browns have improved their OL and defense?

What do you think his final statline will be? How many receptions, yards from LOS, and total TDs do you think he'll wind up with?

Also, will he continue to get work in the return game?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rushing 500 yards @ 4.2 YCP

Receiving 600 yards @ 8.5 YPR

Total tds 6

he won't be used in the return game, he was pretty poor as a punt returner he isn't explosive enough,.

I don't think he has NFL top end speed and I don't think he has NFL durability or enough power in his running for his speed limitations. He looks slower than his hurricanes tape already.

What he has going for him is an elite ability to make people miss and he is an elite pass catcher and probably more so route runner.

I would rate him in the top tier of NFL 3rd down backs and change of pace backs.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:

Total tds 6

he won't be used in the return game, he was pretty poor as a punt returner he isn't explosive enough,.

I don't think he has NFL top end speed and I don't think he has NFL durability or enough power in his running for his speed limitations. He looks slower than his hurricanes tape already.

What he has going for him is an elite ability to make people miss and he is an elite pass catcher and probably more so route runner.

I would rate him in the top tier of NFL 3rd down backs and change of pace backs.

I think receiving and total TDs are optimistic, but I don't see him getting anywhere near 500 rushing.

I could see him getting closer to 800 receiving though given our WRs. The team could split him out a lot.
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:

Total tds 6

I think receiving and total TDs are optimistic, but I don't see him getting anywhere near 500 rushing.

I could see him getting closer to 800 receiving though given our WRs. The team could split him out a lot.

you are probably right.

I have Brown colored lens on and this is what I see td wise happening this year.

Crow 10

CC 6

Njoku/Seth 6

Duke 4

Britt 5

rest of offense 3

34 TDs
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:

Total tds 6

If Mike Davis gets cut from the Seahawks, I think the Browns should look into him. I know that he and Duke were buddies at the NFL rookie camp or whatever, and Davis' conditioning has vastly improved to the point where he is more explosive than Duke.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:

Total tds 6

If Mike Davis gets cut from the Seahawks, I think the Browns should look into him. I know that he and Duke were buddies at the NFL rookie camp or whatever, and Davis' conditioning has vastly improved to the point where he is more explosive than Duke.

Worth a look for sure.

Duke hasn't impressed me.
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:

Total tds 6

Worth a look for sure.

Does he have poor conditioning?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
bruceb wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:

Total tds 6

Worth a look for sure.

Don't think so.

More that he doesn't seem to have the strength for contact at the LOS or an extra gear when he gets past it.

In his defense I will say that our OL was Godawful last year.
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if Crowell gets injured, will Duke be expected to lead the rushing attack? In that scenario, do you think he can be a bell-cow RB, or will he likely be involved in a committee of sorts?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duke lacks the burst for a scat back type but is adequate at everything and special at nothing, as far as running. Good receiver and would be a tough tackle as a slot receiver. Again, lacks the burst to get the separation against a corner so I don't think that is in his future full time.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Also, if Crowell gets injured, will Duke be expected to lead the rushing attack? In that scenario, do you think he can be a bell-cow RB, or will he likely be involved in a committee of sorts?

If Crow goes down, I think the guy we got from the Cowboys takes over, Dukes role is virtually unchanged. He just isn't a workhorse. He can be great in the passing game though IMO.
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
the lone star wrote:

If Crow goes down, I think the guy we got from the Cowboys takes over, Dukes role is virtually unchanged. He just isn't a workhorse. He can be great in the passing game though IMO.

Yeah, Darius Jackson can run between the tackles effectively, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
the lone star wrote:
bruceb wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:

Total tds 6

Worth a look for sure.

Don't think so.

More that he doesn't seem to have the strength for contact at the LOS or an extra gear when he gets past it.

In his defense I will say that our OL was Godawful last year.

Well the OL has improved, and so has the defense, so that should mean more time and snaps on offense.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, FWIW, Duke was close to 5.0 YPC last season. I understand it was on a smallish workload, but that's not too shabby at all.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love duke he's just soft. Goes out injured after almost every play.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: