You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

In the 2017 NFL season which QB will...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which QB will give use the most wins if they start all games?
Kessler
64%
 64%  [ 16 ]
Brock
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Kizer
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Hogan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other, and whom?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like the right place to put this. Laughing

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/05/bears-waive-qb-connor-shaw
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Wasn't this the Colt McCoy backup?
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Regarding Brock, his accuracy is above average. The 2016 stat line doesn't indicate it (balls routinely bounding off of numbers and hands, balls sailing over a WRs head that is literally jogging and not running his route to fall incomplete)

how can you say his inaccuracy is on the WRs? Dude is pretty much a career 60% type passes. He was like that in college and his career in the NFL has been the same. Must suck for Brock that every where he has played the WRs never once helped him out.

Matt Ryan career passer rating 64.9
Big Ben 64.1%
Tom Brady 63.8%
Rodgers 65.1
Drew Brees 66.6
Philip Rivers 64.4
Eli Manning 59.7
Peyton 65.3

Just decided to check a few top names, the first ones that popped into my head. 70% career passers just are not a thing for NFL starters. Many of the above for a career mark are just above Brock. Many of them had considerably lower percentages early on in their career.

65% and 60% completion percentages are a huge difference. For the most part 60% is the low end of acceptable in a generic scheme 62/63% is good and 65% is very good. Comparing 60 to 65 is like comparing a quality backup to a pro-bowl player.

Only 9 teams had a completion percentage below 60 last year, they were a combined 49-97-1. 10 teams had a completion percentage of 65 or better, only one of them had a losing record (Saints at 7-9) and the majority were playoff teams.

Yup, and that was his very first year starting. I invite you to look at the completion percentage in their first year starting for some of those other QBs as well.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a thought, lets compare his completion percentage to the completion percentage of Steve Young in Tampa Bay.
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Wasn't this the Colt McCoy backup?

Yep.....before you arrived (or went by another name Wink) there were several folks here who were very enamored with Shaw's abilities.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
here is a thought, lets compare his completion percentage to the completion percentage of Steve Young in Tampa Bay.

how many really good QB's did you go through career stats for before you found one that would make your terrible argument seem like it had legs?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

how many really good QB's did you go through career stats for before you found one that would make your terrible argument seem like it had legs?

It doesn't really matter. Cody had a 66% completion percentage a 3-1 TD to INT ratio and a 92.3 rating as a rookie. If Brock can improve his numbers then so can Cody and Cody has a huge head start.

Brock can improve on his weak areas and so can Kizer. So can every QB in the NFL. Expecting it is a little different but it is possible.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Try to keep up with the rest of the class, we were actually discussing the parallels between Steve Young and both Osweiler and Kizer (in 2 different regards) several days ago.

How about Troy Aikman's completion percentage after his first year starting?

it was a whopping 52%. Second year was an enormous 56.6.

That is the flaw in the entire thought process of the whole "Brock is trash and will always be trash" group.

There is an assumption there that there can never be improvement after year 1 for a starting QB, which is ... well, quite honestly, stupid. The history of the NFL is full of QBs that had rough first years (much harder, and worse statistically than Osweiler's) and went on to become legends.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

It doesn't really matter. Cody had a 66% completion percentage a 3-1 TD to INT ratio and a 92.3 rating as a rookie. If Brock can improve his numbers then so can Cody and Cody has a huge head start.

Brock can improve on his weak areas and so can Kizer. So can every QB in the NFL. Expecting it is a little different but it is possible.

I won't argue with any of this. I root for all of our QBs to be pro bowl level. That is not saying that I expect it. Given that we do not have an established franchise guy, I also call for (as does the team obviously) an open QB competition in which the best player wins. Heaven forbid actually finding out what you have in a player that you are going to pay $16 million to this year or whatever it is rather than just cut him without even having a look.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

I won't argue with any of this. I root for all of our QBs to be pro bowl level. That is not saying that I expect it. Given that we do not have an established franchise guy, I also call for (as does the team obviously) an open QB competition in which the best player wins. Heaven forbid actually finding out what you have in a player that you are going to pay $16 million to this year or whatever it is rather than just cut him without even having a look.

Let's make this simple: Osweiler (sp?) is not going to start.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Let's make this simple and move along: Osweiler (sp?) is not going to start.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

cool, now how about those lottery numbers and the 2035 world series winners?
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
bruceb wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

cool, now how about those lottery numbers and the 2035 world series winners?

Pick 3: 318 (Can't tell you which state)

2035 WS winner will be the Indianapolis Padres. (California sank into the ocean so a lot of teams relocated.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: