You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

In the 2017 NFL season which QB will...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which QB will give use the most wins if they start all games?
Kessler
64%
 64%  [ 16 ]
Brock
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Kizer
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Hogan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other, and whom?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when the Browns find themselves in the same situation as Denver.

I think Siemian and Kessler are very comparable QBs as 'game managers'
I think Lynch and Kizer are similar prospects as the guys who have all the tools but need to grow.

If Kessler starts the whole season and goes for 3,500 yards, 22TDs and 19INTs would you be comfortable with keep pushing forward with him?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:

I think Lynch and Kizer are similar prospects as the guys who have all the tools but need to grow.

If Kessler starts the whole season and goes for 3,500 yards, 22TDs and 19INTs would you be comfortable with keep pushing forward with him?

22 and 19? I would not. In 1985 that would be acceptable but it is a passing league now and an average QB should still have a 2-1 TD/INT ratio. If you can't play average it's time to see if you have or can get someone who can.
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

22 and 19? I would not. In 1985 that would be acceptable but it is a passing league now and an average QB should still have a 2-1 TD/INT ratio. If you can't play average it's time to see if you have or can get someone who can.

I mean whatever stats you want to throw out. Say after this year he starts the whole season and has 'okay' stats. Borderline starter stats but Kizer is still unproven and has yet to take a huge jump. What do you do?

Since I am a fan of both teams--I see their QB situation nearly identical. I think the same about Kessler/Siemian. Both sort of underrated and have already been written off since Lynch/Kizer are the prototypes in waiting but both Kizer/Lynch still have a lot to prove to have their mental catch up with their physical.

I think the Browns could benefit from watching what happens in Denver this upcoming season and next offseason to see if their is a blueprint there. Then again,I know each situation is fluid.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

a 2 to 1 ratio is not average, that is well above average. For it to be average that would mean that 16 QBs approximately had a 2 to 1 ratio last year.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

I mean whatever stats you want to throw out. Say after this year he starts the whole season and has 'okay' stats. Borderline starter stats but Kizer is still unproven and has yet to take a huge jump. What do you do?

Since I am a fan of both teams--I see their QB situation nearly identical. I think the same about Kessler/Siemian. Both sort of underrated and have already been written off since Lynch/Kizer are the prototypes in waiting but both Kizer/Lynch still have a lot to prove to have their mental catch up with their physical.

I think the Browns could benefit from watching what happens in Denver this upcoming season and next offseason to see if their is a blueprint there. Then again,I know each situation is fluid.

Both teams also have a 3rd less talked about option for QB.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
I can't believe I'm the only one who votedd Brock.

Don't worry...Dizzy probably hasn't voted yet. Smile

I haven't, and I won't, my answer was in post form. Impossible to know at this time. I won't vote on something so impossible that can literally go any way.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

a 2 to 1 ratio is not average, that is well above average. For it to be average that would mean that 16 QBs approximately had a 2 to 1 ratio last year.

They did. 16 of the 32 teams had a 2-1 ratio or better.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

They did. 16 of the 32 teams had a 2-1 ratio or better.

Now that is interesting. I would have never guessed that. I will have to take your word for it as I don't have time to look it up. Thanks for that.
brooks1957

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With getting the tar beat out of him physically - not one but two in season concussions - Kessler still posted a 92.3 QBR, That was also behind a horrible offensive line, a suspect running game, and one legitimate receiving threat.

FF to 2017 - the draft and free agency have brought welcome additions that also will benefit Kessler greatly. I have a growing sense of confidence that Kessler could be more than the best option for 2017 but more years down the road. The QB situation entering the 2016 season was a cluster you know what. Maybe it is not a strength of the team yet, but it is certainly more sttled this season.

That being said - with the draft capital the Browns possess, if they have the opportunity to snag a prized prospect in the QB rich 2018 Draft - no one on the current roster should cause them concern for not pursuing that.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:

I actually voted Kizer. I saw one vote for Brock and just assumed (and still do, despite the claim otherwise) that Dizzy was the one who voted for Brock. I voted Kessler for this season.

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Kizer.

He's the only QB with the talent to run Hue's offense the way it was intended.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

I'm going to say Brock... because he is the only starting QB on the roster to actually win some games.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
I voted Kizer.

I want to say I said kizer because that's who I want but I think it will be Kessler will be the starting QB. Isn't as talented as Brock or kizer but I think that he will have a better grasp of the offense. I honk Kessler knowing more of the offense and not being a turnover machine will give him the job.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
I voted Kizer.

I could not disagree more currently. Kizer is not equipped at all to run Hue's offense as intended currently. Hue's offense is all about accuracy and decision making.

Kizer has that deer in the headlights look when discussing the playbook right now. He is no where near there in decision making and knowing the system. Also his accuracy needs a lot of improvement from what I have seen.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
bruceb wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:

I actually voted Kizer. I saw one vote for Brock and just assumed (and still do, despite the claim otherwise) that Dizzy was the one who voted for Brock. I voted Kessler for this season.

looks like cheddar was your guy, I genuinely did not vote, and my first post was exactly how I view the situation.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: