You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who replaces Chad?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Who replaces Chad? Reply with quote

The Vikings are looking to replace starting outside linebacker Chad Greenway, who retired. On Wednesday, getting most of the first-team reps was third-year man Edmond Robinson. Emmanuel Lamur is also a candidate for the spot, but he didn’t practice because of an undisclosed situation. Rookies Ben Gedeon and Elijah Lee also could get a look, although Gedeon might be regarded as more of a middle linebacker.

Adam Zimmer: “It’ll be a competition. We’re going to give everybody a chance to see who the best one is. I’m not worried about it. I think he have a lot of talent in the room, and eventually it will shake itself out.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/24/vikings-rookie-rb-dalvin-cook-draws-praise-at-otas/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking Elijah Lee will be the main backup at SLB, Kentrell Brothers and Ben Gedeon are the backup MLBs, and the competition ultimately comes down to Edmond Robinson and Emmanuel Lamur.

Zimmer is no nonsense with injuries. with Lamur not out there practicing, he's hurting his chance to win the job, even if he can't control the circumstances.

Last edited by SteelKing728 on Fri May 26, 2017 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's Lamur's job to lose with Robinson right behind him. I don't expect much from Gedeon and Lee this year. I think Gedeon settles into the backup MLB role.

It's hard to have much of an opinion of Robinson since he has played so little but he's got the traits to be good. I'd like to see him take the job from Lamur.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lamur hurting himself by being hurt. I think it's actually Edmond Robinson's job to lose.

Gedeon and Lee will have to make hay on special teams initially to make the 53, although I think they have a pretty good chance to do so.

Thx to Lil Uno!
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmond Robinson position to lose.

I'm really low on Emmanuel Lamur

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone around here needs to settle down on Elijah Lee. He still needs a lot of work to be a contributor in the NFL. Needs to toughen up if he even wants to make it on special teams IMO. I believe this was the reason he fell to the 7th round.

He easily gets washed out by blockers and plays soft taking on lineman at the 2nd level. Also, looks to coast out there when chasing the ball sometimes Ala Anthony Barr. Complete opposite prospect of Ben Gedeon who gives it everything on every play and sheds blockers with ease.

He has good size and speed, so he'll have a chance to make it in sub packages at some point.

vike daddy wrote:
boondock wrote:
Usually small dogs will wet themselves when they get excited.

happens to me when the nurse comes in with fresh oatmeal. yum!
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Lee makes the roster.

I think it is Robinson's job to lose, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gedeon wins it either.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:

I think it is Robinson's job to lose, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gedeon wins it either.

Gedeon has better athletic ability than given credit for, but I think he is better in the middle shedding blocks and sifting through the garbage.

vike daddy wrote:
boondock wrote:
Usually small dogs will wet themselves when they get excited.

happens to me when the nurse comes in with fresh oatmeal. yum!
marshpit23

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueViking28 wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

Gedeon has better athletic ability than given credit for, but I think he is better in the middle shedding blocks and sifting through the garbage.

Just wanted to add that I'm a Gedeon fan as well. A throw-back player with more athleticism than given credit for. I can't wait to see him in preseason. I think he will make the final 53 cut and possibly push for for some playing time. He may even take over Greenway's spot. If not, definitely will be in on some sub packages and be a special teams ace.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least according to Spielman, both Brothers and Gedeon could play outside in the WLB role. I expect the depth chart to look like:

SLB: Anthony Barr, Emmanuel Lamur
MLB: Eric Kendricks, Ben Gedeon
WLB: Edmond Robinson, Kentrell Brothers, Elijah Lee

If they keep six, it will come down to Lee and Lamur, and I would expect that spot to go to Lee due to Lamur's limited future with the team. I don't expect them to expose Lee to the rest of the league due to him being an early entrant Underclassmen that lower talent teams would love to stash.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
At least according to Spielman, both Brothers and Gedeon could play outside in the WLB role. I expect the depth chart to look like:

If they keep six, it will come down to Lee and Lamur, and I would expect that spot to go to Lee due to Lamur's limited future with the team. I don't expect them to expose Lee to the rest of the league due to him being an early entrant Underclassmen that lower talent teams would love to stash.

My feeling is that Lamur will not make the 53, and the 6 make it (Barr, kendricks, Robison, Gedeon, Brothers, Lee)

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you're going to see one guy replace Greenway. With the team playing in nickel the majority of plays, the 3rd linebacker is a situational player. Which means, depending on the situation, you'll see a different player.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

if they're a productive unit, that would show awfully good drafting by Der Spiel.

gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really doubt we see a whole lot of Brothers on the outside. I'm probably one of his bigger fans and I always thought he had the ability to be a starting 2 down thumper in the league but his coverage skills did struggle when having to chase. Can imagine that would pan out well. Really do believe Lamar, Robinson, and Lee will be in a 3 way battle for 2 spots. Possibly both getting split time at the beginning. Probably going to end up seeing even more nickle coverages this year with each team in our division getting stronger receiving corps.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emmanuel Lamur should be healthy enough to return to team drills soon and perhaps one of a few young linebackers will make a move. But so far this spring it has been third-year defender Edmond Robinson who has hogged the first-team reps at Chad Greenway’s old position. While Robinson only made a dozen tackles in 21 games over his first two NFL seasons, the Vikings remain enticed by the 6-foot-3, 245-pound linebacker’s potential. He backed up Anthony Barr at the strong-side spot in 2016. When Greenway retired, he was moved to weak-side linebacker so he could compete with Lamur for the right to play that position.

Zimmer: “I think he might have started out a little bit slow, but he had a good week this week. So we just keep giving him more and more and see how he handles things. I think sometimes the first or second year, you still try to feel your way a little bit, and third year, you are a lot more comfortable. It is a big year for [Robinson], and I think, so far, he is progressing well.”

http://www.startribune.com/edmond-robinson-leading-the-charge-for-chad-greenways-old-spot/427077981/

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: