You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are we giving up on Matt Jones too quickly?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mar29020

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Are we giving up on Matt Jones too quickly? Reply with quote

he's is only 24 and is going into his 3rd year. he has a fumbling problem but so did Tiki Barber. Another knock on him is that he doesnt run as hard as he should but his YPC is above 4. Is he really that uncoachable? Kinda reminds me of the David Amerson situation. a young guy that we are giving up on too quickly.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Are we giving up on Matt Jones to quickly? Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
he's is only 24 and is going into his 3rd year. he has a fumbling problem but so did Tiki Barber. Another knock on him is that he doesnt run as hard as he should but his YPC is above 4. Is he really that uncoachable? Kinda reminds me of the David Amerson situation. a young guy that we are giving up on too quickly.

Drafted too high and people think that he is at the value of what he was drafted. He was a 5th round prospect which should have gone undrafted.

These issues were well known. Perine was the correct value for the player. Keep Jones if you like, but Kelley is the same as Jones without the fumble issues.

But no, we are not giving up on him too early.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. If anything, tiny hands Jones should have been gone a long time ago.

lavar703

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I called all of this happening. Jones is not an NFL RB. Hell, he wasn't even a good college RB.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty interesting that McCloughan is gone and Jones looks to be out the door just as quick.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Pretty interesting that McCloughan is gone and Jones looks to be out the door just as quick.

Let's hope Bruce Allen and Ryan Grant follow suit ASAP.
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

It's not interesting at all. He's not talented and he fumbles. Even if Scot stayed he was going.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little biased because I love a Perine as a prospect. That being said, below average pass protection, horrible fumbling problems, and to much lateral movement when hitting the hole. I'm not saying he can't turn it around, but I feel like we have better options at RB. Prolly time to let him go!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F no. This guy is a fumble waiting to happen, I never hated a Redskins player more than I did him the minute he fumbled at the Lions one yard line last year. Dude was barely hit and coughs up the ball. We were dominating the game up to that point and if we scored a TD there no way the Lions were going to beat us. In retrospect that fumble cost us a playoff spot.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we given up on him ?
The Detroit fumble. I seem to remember him fighting his butt off with 3 Lions holding on and he made a bad decision to try and extend the ball over the goal line. It did ultimately/ likely cost us the Playoffs. Big strong man with speed and hands .. Let's just throw him on the trash pile .

PS- Read a stat recently he was like 5 or 6 in YAC yards for running backs .
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
The Detroit fumble. I seem to remember him fighting his butt off with 3 Lions holding on and he made a bad decision to try and extend the ball over the goal line. It did ultimately/ likely cost us the Playoffs. Big strong man with speed and hands .. Let's just throw him on the trash pile .

What are his fumbles per carry?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

What are his fumbles per carry?

Very poor obviously- so throw the baby out with the bathwater Rolling Eyes
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

His YAC was inflated from a few big runs. He had far too many negative running plays. Negative rushing plays kill drives. You gotta have a starter that can get you a guaranteed 3 yards or more every run no matter what. Kelley did that. Perine should be able to do that. Matt Jones' fumble problems aren't the issue. His biggest problem is that he doesn't fall forward for more yards and has terrible vision in the backfield.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

It's not interesting at all. He's not talented and he fumbles. Even if Scot stayed he was going.
Yeah, if it was Gruden's decision.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always saw it as Jones had more upside than any back on our roster but he wasn't reaching his potential. Kelley and even Brown seemed to be more consistent. We can't just keep a guy around because he has talent and potential, Jones has to show something more than what he did. I think with the drafting of Perine that it was the end of Jones.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: