You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Atonio Preparing to celebrate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Atonio Preparing to celebrate Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19453036/pittsburgh-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-thinks-new-nfl-celebration-rule-amazing

Barf

Although I thought the no celebration rules were a little Draconian I must say I am not looking forward to this either. I wish a happy medium could be found. Act like you have been there before.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole idea of "preparing" to celebrate is foreign to me. If you make a big play, do whatever you feel in the moment. That's more appealing than doing something that's scripted. I didn't read the article ( Embarassed ) so perhaps I'm taking the "preparing" to literally but to me just do what comes spontaneously. But then again, who am I to tell people how to celebrate.
warfelg

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Atonio Preparing to celebrate Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19453036/pittsburgh-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-thinks-new-nfl-celebration-rule-amazing

Barf

Although I thought the no celebration rules were a little Draconian I must say I am not looking forward to this either. I wish a happy medium could be found. Act like you have been there before.

They did. The playclock for the PAT is back.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big "who cares".

If he is doing something worthy of celebrating, by all means.

If he is celebrating a garbage time TD after playing like crap all game....thats when I would take issue with celebrating.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".

If he is celebrating a garbage time TD after playing like crap all game....thats when I would take issue with celebrating.

I am more from the school of act like you have been there before. Hand the ball to the ref or at most have a spontaneous reaction like a spike. The contrived crap Antonia is going to come up with will get old in hurry. For me at least.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what celebration Mike Mitchell will come up with when he tackles someone after a 15 yard gain?

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
I wonder what celebration Mike Mitchell will come up with when he tackles someone after a 15 yard gain?

There won't be a celebration cause Mitchell will take a - poor angle and miss the tackle entirely...
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".

I am more from the school of act like you have been there before. Hand the ball to the ref or at most have a spontaneous reaction like a spike. The contrived crap Antonia is going to come up with will get old in hurry. For me at least.

I respect that, but I like a little of both.

I like seeing passion and as long as it isnt over the top, I dont mind celebrating either.

I hate obnoxiously long celebrations and celebrations when youre losing by double digits.

In general, its situational....but I watch the NFL for fun, and if we can celebrate as fans, there is no reason they cant celebrate on the field...within reason.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

There won't be a celebration cause Mitchell will take a - poor angle and miss the tackle entirely...

True. Laughing

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Steelers2014

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".

then dont watch? Theyre not paying in business suits and youre not the one taking hits to the head
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers2014 wrote:
Ghengis Graz wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".

then dont watch? Theyre not paying in business suits and youre not the one taking hits to the head

Hard not to when you are watching the game. I'll be sure to jump up and leave the room every time Antonio gets a TD and the chorus line starts up. Again, I am all for a spontaneous celebration, spike, high fives whatever. the league was too tight but went too far the other direction to correct the problem
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers2014 wrote:
Ghengis Graz wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".

I swear, you have some strange takes.
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit more old school myself too. I like the spikes and dunking the ball, but that's it. It's just a quick thing, over in a split second. Carry on. Act like you've been there before man! I love Brown, but I hate his antics. The stupid first down point with the ball and dropping it. The twerking nonsense. It's dumb. I would rather the rule have remained in tact.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".

I'm with you, 43M. I could care less how AB or anyone else celebrates as long as they don't get penalized and it isn't classless or disrespectful.

I love some of those old TD celebrations. Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Ickey Woods, all the antics of TO and OchoCinco, that stuff is hilarious as long as it's done in a spirit of fun and celebration.

Bottom line, I hope the WRs have lots of opportunities to explore the possibilities of creative TD celebrations.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Big "who cares".

This Wink

I'm not big on the celebrations but I'm much more against teams being penalized for these guys celebrating! Hopefully they keep guys from going too much over the top... props, and big organized routines... but simple dancing and celebrating I have no problem with.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: