You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kouandjio Released

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hootlander

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Kouandjio Released Reply with quote

He was released this morning to make room for WR Rod Streetet
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont like the move but I get that there is more to the story with the field cops issue. Mcdermott and co want a good character squad and this may look bad on their part. However giving up a backup LT who has been solid for a 7th string wr is a bad move. This is a reason that character isn't always the top quality as Kouandjo was coming in to his own as a solid player and more time he could have been a capable back up or a trading piece in the future for a LT needy team. Now some squad will pick him up like Seattle or chargers will get some depth and bills now have another hole on their squad.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's facing a potential suspension and depending what they have seen from Dawkins, they probably felt comfortable enough letting go of a one position player in favour of a younger guy who can play 4. Don't forget the Bills also have Ola at tackle.

Streeter is likely fighting with Lewis and Butler for that 6th spot. Don't see any issues with that.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Dont like the move but I get that there is more to the story with the field cops issue. Mcdermott and co want a good character squad and this may look bad on their part. However giving up a backup LT who has been solid for a 7th string wr is a bad move. This is a reason that character isn't always the top quality as Kouandjo was coming in to his own as a solid player and more time he could have been a capable back up or a trading piece in the future for a LT needy team. Now some squad will pick him up like Seattle or chargers will get some depth and bills now have another hole on their squad.

Not really another hole. We will probably end up keeping 8 linemen. Its typically all teams have on there roster to start the season. And Cyus can only play LT because of his knees. Everyone else on the bench could play multiple positions. I envisioned Kouandijo getting cut... didnt expect it this early but he was going with the Dawkins addition it kind of made for lack of room on the roster for him.

LT: Glenn
LG: Incognito
C: Wood
RG: Miller
RT: Dawkins

C/OG- Groy
OG/OT- Ducasse
OT- Mills

Don't see how Kouandijo fits in. He may be better than Mills but Mills has been consistantly healthy and can play both OT positions so he can backup two positions unlike Cyus who can only backup Glenn.

Im sure character was part of the reason he was let go but also believe that versatility on the bench was McDermotts main thing. With only 8 linemen your bench linemen need to be versatile and veratility is something Sean preaches.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
He's facing a potential suspension and depending what they have seen from Dawkins, they probably felt comfortable enough letting go of a one position player in favour of a younger guy who can play 4. Don't forget the Bills also have Ola at tackle.

Streeter is likely fighting with Lewis and Butler for that 6th spot. Don't see any issues with that.

Ehhh i think our 6 is pretty much locked up.

1. Watkins
2. Jones
3. Holmes
4. Brown
5. Listenbee
6. Tate

Maybe if Listenbee doesn't play well in training camp Butler, Streater, or Powell might take that spot but i cant imagine cutting a young promising draftpick before he even got a chance to suit up and cant imagine cutting a returning like Tate for a reciever who woll barely see the field.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of expected this. I'm guessing Dion Dawkins showed enough to persuade this move
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Ehhh i think our 6 is pretty much locked up.

1. Watkins
2. Jones
3. Holmes
4. Brown
5. Listenbee
6. Tate

Maybe if Listenbee doesn't play well in training camp Butler, Streater, or Powell might take that spot but i cant imagine cutting a young promising draftpick before he even got a chance to suit up and cant imagine cutting a returning like Tate for a reciever who woll barely see the field.

I have it as

1. Watkins
2. Jones
3. Holmes
4. Brown/Listenbee
5. Tate/ Powell
6. Lewis/ Streater/ Butler

A lot of guys in the secondary have return capabilities so if Powell proves to be a better option at WR as well, he should make it over Tate.

This staff has no allegiance to Listenbee but if he does play well and is healthy, I don't see Brown making the team as well.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy for my buddy Rod (my brother played with him at Temple and we've hit the bars a few times), hope he sticks.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawkins should be the RT and have zero influence on Kounadjo. Mills is absolute garbage and was the downfall to the offensive line last year I much rather keep kounadjo over him. Kouandjo graded out as the 34th best Tackle in the league last year according to PFF and glenn has yet to play a full season healthy which is a major concern. Mills was 65th on pff.

The whole possible suspension is just your assumption. He was never arrested nor charged with anything the police were on the scene and was sent to the hospital which public has no clue what happened nor has any drug information come out so who is to say that he was doing something incorrect other then us assuming that it was drugs. Just dont get how you give up a capable back up Tackle with a known prone LT who hasnt played an entire season for a guy who is at the bottom of a wr corps. Even if Streeter has a chance why not cut one from that position? To me this is not a smart move at all it would be different if he has a big contract and this a cap clearing move but its a rookie contract where little will be cleared.

Thanks Max
Hootlander

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cdavls17"]Dawkins should be the RT and have zero influence on Kounadjo. Mills is absolute garbage and was the downfall to the offensive line last year I much rather keep kounadjo over him. Kouandjo graded out as the 34th best Tackle in the league last year according to PFF and glenn has yet to play a full season healthy which is a major concern. Mills was 65th on pff.

The whole possible suspension is just your assumption. He was never arrested nor charged with anything the police were on the scene and was sent to the hospital which public has no clue what happened nor has any drug information come out so who is to say that he was doing something incorrect other then us assuming that it was drugs. Just dont get how you give up a capable back up Tackle with a known prone LT who hasnt played an entire season for a guy who is at the bottom of a wr corps. Even if Streeter has a chance why not cut one from that position? To me this is not a smart move at all it would be different if he has a big contract and this a cap clearing move but its a rookie contract where little will be cleared.[/quote]

What do you mean by downfall. The O line was exceptional last year. Had to be with a top runnning game and Tyron having a good year despite what the haters say
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mills was the downfall of the offensive line meaning he is the weak link. Even with Glenn and Wood going down their backups Kouandjo and Groy were capable to fill in but the right side was horrid. Yes we had a top rushing game but the bills also lead the league in sacks given up which some were Tyrods fault but alot were because of Mills and Miller's side. Miller has proven to take a step forward even with the rightside woes which I think were because of mills. This is why I think that letting Kouandjo go may be a knee jerk reaction when he is a solid back up rather then bringing in streater in exchange. I just am not happy with this transaction whether he is suspended or not the guy is a capable LT when glenn is hurt which happens often. Streater will likely be cut when they have to drop it to 75 people.

Thanks Max

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: