You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA's Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
@breakburgundy

Quote:
Cousins completed a bomb to Pryor who was held by Breeland for about last 10yds. Pryor still caught it. No. 11 gonna be a problem for folks.
THAT's RIGHT!!!!

Breeland stinks, let's wait until he does this against an NFL quality cornerback.
He struggled in 3 games last year and he wasn't healthy after badly spraining his ankle vs the Giants in week 3. There have been breakdowns of how he played vs Antonio Brown and he actually played better than most think. If Breeland stays healthy I think he's going to have a good season, he's no pro bowler but I don't think "he stinks" either. He's a good but not great starter. It was a one on one pass where Pryor would burn all of our DBs because he runs a 4.4 forty or below. I'm more excited about Pryor and his ability with Cousins throwing him the ball. We already know that Breeland can play good at times. He may struggles at times but he's certainly better than average.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSN Mid-Atlantic - Redskins Playbook: 3 questions for mandatory, not voluntary, minicamp week

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/redskins-playbook-3-questions-mandatory-not-voluntary-minicamp-week

Quote:
2. Doctson vs Grant - Much is expected out of second-year wideout Josh Doctson. He missed almost all of his rookie season due to an Achilles injury, and so far, has been working with the second team during 11v11 drills. Ryan Grant has taken on the role of starting "Z" receiver, but odds are Doctson will push for that position. If he stays healthy.

3. Nickel corner - The Redskins overhauled secondary, with new safeties in Su'a Cravens and D.J. Swearinger, should help the unit improve in 2017. Often though the Redskins play in their nickel defense, which means an additional cornerback takes the field to line up with Bashaud Breeland and Josh Norman. Kendall Fuller seems to have the inside track on the inside job, and the second-year man still has much potential after a rough rookie season. Quinton Dunbar seems better suited for the outside, and don't forget that Breeland excels in slot coverage as well. This job likely won't be settled until the preseason, or even Week 1, and could change once 2017 third-round pick Fabian Moreau gets on the field.

CSN Mid-Atlantic - Need to Know: Redskins hot topics-Doctson with the twos, Cravens' adjustment

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/need-know-redskins-hot-topics-doctson-twos-cravens-adjustment

Quote:

- There also are some fan worries about Su'a Cravens' transition to strong safety. Yes, he has been burned a few times in OTAs and he isn't always in the right place. But the latter will be corrected as he continues to learn in training camp and the former is just going to happen on occasion. Cravens will be fine. He will immediately be better than the players they had at strong safety last year and he should get better as the year goes on.

- I haven't discussed running back Keith Marshall, who spent his rookie season on injured reserve, much because he has a history of not being available due to injury. But he has flashed some ability in OTAs and the 2016 seventh-round pick is getting noticed. Marshall ran 4.31 in the 40 at the combine, the best time of any player at any position in Indianapolis in 2016, and he shows that speed. Even if he does stay healthy it's hard to see him cracking the 53-man roster. Marshall could make it a tough decision, however, if he shows in pads as well as he has in helmets and shorts. A long way to go before that decision has to be made but it's something that is creeping onto the radar.

The bolded about Keith Marshall is for you HTTR! Seems he's done some good things in OTAs, let's see what he does in training camp and Preseason. I think he'll flash some and make a push for a roster spot. I'm not sure if he makes the team because of the guys we have infront of him. I think most likely he's put on the practice squad. I'd have to imagine that even Mack Brown is ahead of Marshall at this point given how we'll Brown played on special teams last year and what Brown did as a running back at the end of last year.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually rooting for Marshall

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Safeties: Suía Cravens continues to get an education at safety. Even though he feels itís his more natural position, thereís still plenty to learn. Thatís what the spring is for; at times, itís about getting more depth or having your eyes in the right spot. He has worked deep middle and deep half in addition to playing up near the line during the spring. There have been a few times where, during practices open to the media, a receiver has gotten behind him. In some cases, it was a matter of not getting proper depth based on a pre-snap look. Itís all part of the learning process.

Josh Doctson: Heíll be one to watch pretty much all the time because they need him to perform well. Ryan Grant worked ahead of him last week with the starters as the third receiver. But Doctson has the talent to scare defenses; Grant does not. The Redskins need Doctson to make an impact. This week provides another chance to see him work vs. different sorts of coverages. He has looked good at times, and one big benefit for him will be exiting the spring healthy.

[b]Nate Sudfeld: I havenít mentioned him before because he remains the No. 3 quarterback and will stay there this season. The Redskins like Colt McCoy, so nothing will change on the depth chart. But Sudfeldís progress bears monitoring because of what it could mean down the line. He struggled quite a bit last summer and has improved. But is it enough to think he can be anything more than a future backup? Thereís more to see.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/31600/matt-jones-future-sua-cravens-progress-highlight-redskins-mini-camp

Quote:
Safeties: Suía Cravens continues to get an education at safety. Even though he feels itís his more natural position, thereís still plenty to learn. Thatís what the spring is for; at times, itís about getting more depth or having your eyes in the right spot. He has worked deep middle and deep half in addition to playing up near the line during the spring. There have been a few times where, during practices open to the media, a receiver has gotten behind him. In some cases, it was a matter of not getting proper depth based on a pre-snap look. Itís all part of the learning process.

Josh Doctson: Heíll be one to watch pretty much all the time because they need him to perform well. Ryan Grant worked ahead of him last week with the starters as the third receiver. But Doctson has the talent to scare defenses; Grant does not. The Redskins need Doctson to make an impact. This week provides another chance to see him work vs. different sorts of coverages. He has looked good at times, and one big benefit for him will be exiting the spring healthy.

Nate Sudfeld: I havenít mentioned him before because he remains the No. 3 quarterback and will stay there this season. The Redskins like Colt McCoy, so nothing will change on the depth chart. But Sudfeldís progress bears monitoring because of what it could mean down the line. He struggled quite a bit last summer and has improved. But is it enough to think he can be anything more than a future backup? Thereís more to see.

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The bolded about Keith Marshall is for you HTTR!

Are you talking to me? What have I ever said against Keith Marshall?

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'm not saying you did, it was a good update that's he's flashing some in camp. I know you're a Marshall guy.

Quote:
But he has flashed some ability in OTAs and the 2016 seventh-round pick is getting noticed.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'm not saying you did, it was a good update that's he's flashing some in camp. I know you're a Marshall guy.

Quote:
But he has flashed some ability in OTAs and the 2016 seventh-round pick is getting noticed.

Ahh, got it. Nice Cool . I am hyped for football offseason activities starting up again, which is why I created the thread. But honestly, this year, I'm toning down my level of excitement on any positive offseason reports for any player, whether in OTAs or training camp. As I've already mentioned, I was fully on board the Breeland hype train after the reports on his performance last offseason, then I was thoroughly let down throughout the season.

mike23md on the sig
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Marshall get a shot at KR in the preseason.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I would like to see Marshall get a shot at KR in the preseason.
Me too. Remember, that's where Chris Thompson first made his mark in the preseason. He showed he could be an explosive returner. If Marshall can show that, maybe he will make the team as the 4th runing back and our kick returner.

Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminder; Ryan Grant is currently one of our starting WR's for some reason. Laughing

What in tarnation...
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Reminder; Ryan Grant is currently one of our starting WR's for some reason. Laughing

What in tarnation...
It's June, the only reason he's ahead of the others is because he actually knows the playbook. He won't be a starter in September.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP Finlay said just did a top 5 most impressive players of the offseason:

1. Jordan Reed
2. Jamison Crowder
3. Josh Norman
4. DJ Swearinger
5. Niles Paul

He said others have looked fine - including Allen, Anderson, Doctson and Fuller - but esp with Allen & Anderson they have to see them in pads before they can truly evaluate them.

He said that Fuller has looked a lot better in the slot. They can tell he's worked really hard at it. He had an impressive break up on a pass attempt to Crowder.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: