Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official OTA/Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howie seems like a very smart dollar and cents guy- contract negotiator.

As far as player personnel decisions go, hes pretty bad. Blame Chip all you want, Not Chips fault Howies a little B#%^ lol. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpMNwFSLJxg

Every time i see Howie. I think Baseketball and "Little B%$" Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Howie seems like a very smart dollar and cents guy- contract negotiator.

As far as player personnel decisions go, hes pretty bad. Blame Chip all you want, Not Chips fault Howies a little B#%^ lol. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpMNwFSLJxg

Every time i see Howie. I think Baseketball and "Little B%$" Laughing

I love his poster at the stadium with that being his nickname on it.
D-Lo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if our fourth back is someone who is on someone else's roster right now. Someone who gets cut is probably better than Smallwood or Clement.

While this is probably true , Howie's not going to admit "He" not Chip wasted a 3rd rd draft pick on Smallwood. No way he gets cut after one season. Roseman doesn't admit mistakes that quickly when they're his. Need proof, just look at Marcus Smith.

It would be facetious for Howie to admit that considering Smallwood was a 5th round pick. So yeah I dont think he'll admit to that.
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Smallwood showed well in his limited time last season. I'd be disappointed to see him go so soon. He can contribute on the ground and in the passing game, and he's also showed kick return ability. Not sure why everyone is so quick to want him out.

2 of the 3 games he was the "featured" runner he played pretty well. The 3rd was against Seattle, but even finding limited success on the ground there he had his best receiving game of the season.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone necessarily wants him gone. It's just a numbers game at this point. And if he does go, not a huge deal. I'd like the team to keep him if they can find a way. It would be a nice luxury to have a RB that can be versatile 15 touch guy in case LB goes down.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smallwood looked incredibly average last year. He'll likely be serviceable but he isn't going to light the league up. He's probably not going to be a complete waste either but he's not going to be irreplaceable.

That's unless he takes a huge step up from last year but that would be foolish to presume at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just never been impressed by anything I've seen from Smallwood, college or his rookie year. He doesn't offer anything that we couldn't find elsewhere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so our 3rd/ 4th string RB who was a 5th round pick isnt a complete stud? Man what is Howie doing? Again, Smallwood was a 5TH ROUND pick not a 3rd. Also, if he gets beat out by someone, he will be cut. We arent going to hang on to him just because Howie is afraid to admit a mistake. We will keep him, Clement, or someone who gets cut because we only have one other traditional RB in Blount. I dont know what you guys expect out of a 5th ROUND ROOKIE RB. Smallwood played admirably given the circumstances. Nobody has said hes irreplaceable. Hes young and showed versatility last year. He can catch, he can return kicks on top of his regular RB roles. Not every player is going to be a stud, especially a 5th ROUND PICK who will be at most the 3rd RB. If only this forum was running the Eagles front office, we would not only have all pro starters, we would have all pro backups and 3rd stringers.
Jlash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My statement mostly came from "Corey Clement is the same player as Smallwood, only bigger". They're two very different players to me, and Smallwood is the only RB on the roster who has shown he's not just a 1 dimensional player. He may not be a world beater in either category, but he's big enough to carry the ball consistently and he has solid hands.
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm hearing how underwhelming Smallwood is, I have to remind you guys that some of you were/are excited about us signing LaGarrette Blount.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
When I'm hearing how underwhelming Smallwood is, I have to remind you guys that some of you were/are excited about us signing LaGarrette Blount.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't remind them, He's gonna be our starter and get 18 TDs.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But by all means, hitch your wagons to Ryan Mathews and Wendell Smallwood. Laughing

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:

Yeah cause Blount is good-talented.

Smallwood has shown nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
But by all means, hitch your wagons to Ryan Mathews and Wendell Smallwood. Laughing

My wagon is hitched to our 2018 draft pick. Blount/Sproles will be serviceable this year but gone next year. I'm hoping Smallwood and Pumphrey show that they're worth something this season.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pumphrey is more a slot guy/weapon is my guess. Wouldnt shock me if they put him on the roster as a WR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: