You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official OTA/Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Agholor catching passes in shorts against our secondary doesn't get me hyped quite yet

This...

He held a starting spot for while before and after the benching my guess is practice isn't an issue.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Quote:
Stupid observation of the day: Thanks to his afro and thick beard, Seumalo kind of looks like a lion with a mane.

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-eagles/10-observations-day-1-eagles-otas

The Lion would be a cool nickname for Seumalo....or Simba (I know Chip Kelly already knighted the now retired Mufasa)

Hicks is Simba bruh. C'mon.

Was that ever a given thing or was that a forum thing because of Ryans?

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Quote:
Stupid observation of the day: Thanks to his afro and thick beard, Seumalo kind of looks like a lion with a mane.

The Lion would be a cool nickname for Seumalo....or Simba (I know Chip Kelly already knighted the now retired Mufasa)

Forum.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Going to Funny watching Agholor abuse our CB. Only question I have is will he get credit for being better or be bashed with the assumption our CB suck? I think Jeffery and Groh will be the best things for him. Night a day difference Probably mindset wise.

Drafted with absurd #1WR expectations, pressed to hard, failed miserably trying to make a play. Dropping the easy catch.

Possible Cut non 53 man player with Zero expectations, trained his @$$ off, just playing the position. Not over thinking things, Steps Up!

Until Agholor shows up consistently during regular season games I'm going to be hopelessly hoping he gets better. I don't know how much better his hands can get. It's not like he hasn't caught thousands of footballs before getting to the pros. And the biggest question mark really is whether he's mentally tough enough for pro football. I don't remember a guy literally having to get benched because he doubted himself so much. That's the kind of stuff you expect in an episode of Friday Night Lights, not pro football. I just think there's a real danger that he loses his focus and can't catch anything as soon as he makes a bad play and gets all hung up on it.

Don't necessarily disagree with anything above. However like I mentioned I think given the lack of expectations of him is actually a positive for Agholor. It was clear to me at least he was so desperate to live up to the hype of a 1st Rd pick, things like catching easy Balls became a problem. I don't think his hands are as bad as they looked either. I chalk it up to a Struggling Hitter in Baseball. More they press, more they struggle. More they ignore what got them there in the first place.

Honestly think Nelson will be fine.

Will be fine in what sense?

I don't think there has ever been an indication since his name was called on draft day that will ever be fine at least football wise.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Quote:

Forum.

nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see Jon Cool

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Agholor catching passes in shorts against our secondary doesn't get me hyped quite yet

See, here is the thing.... I'm NOT hype yet either.

I am however rooting for Nelson.

It annoys me that some fans almost seem to want a player to fail.

Like I get its frustrating when a player doesn't pan out right away, but as long as that player is on my team and they sound and act like they are really trying to get better, then I'll be hoping they improve and can make some sort of impact.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Agholor ever live up to where he was drafted? Extremely doubtful.

Can he still be a solid receiver? I think so.

People sometimes forget that Agholor is going into his 3rd year with his 3rd wide receivers coach!!

As a rookie his first receiver coach was Bob Bicknell. I'd been calling for him to be fired before Kelly got canned as he had been here since 2013 and we really didn't see the receivers improve. I was happy to see him leave.

Greg Lewis was Agholor's second receivers coach and he probably got a raw deal, but I don't think he had the experience to warrant getting hired in the first place. I feel like he was hired out of familiarity rather than because he was the best man for the job. We really needed a coach with a more proven track record since we had a young group of receivers who were in need of improvement.

In his 3rd year he finally gets a receivers coach who has a proven track record in Mike Groh. I think he can really learn a lot under him about releases (our receivers sucked at this) and route running.

Nelson has quite a bit he needs to improve on if he wants to be a future starter, whether that be on the outside or in the slot (I really wanna see him there). Hopefully with his drive and some good coaching he can get to where he wants to be.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I don't know how much better his hands can get.

Yeah. Agholor doesn't have the most natural hands. That is just something you are going to have to live with.

When receivers are getting open consistently and making plays, then you can deal with the drops.

Nelson definitely isn't at a level right now where you can turn a blind eye to the drops.
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:

People sometimes forget that Agholor is going into his 3rd year with his 3rd wide receivers coach!!

As a rookie his first receiver coach was Bob Bicknell. I'd been calling for him to be fired before Kelly got canned as he had been here since 2013 and we really didn't see the receivers improve. I was happy to see him leave.

Greg Lewis was Agholor's second receivers coach and he probably got a raw deal, but I don't think he had the experience to warrant getting hired in the first place. I feel like he was hired out of familiarity rather than because he was the best man for the job. We really needed a coach with a more proven track record since we had a young group of receivers who were in need of improvement.

In his 3rd year he finally gets a receivers coach who has a proven track record in Mike Groh. I think he can really learn a lot under him about releases (our receivers sucked at this) and route running.

Nelson has quite a bit he needs to improve on if he wants to be a future starter, whether that be on the outside or in the slot (I really wanna see him there). Hopefully with his drive and some good coaching he can get to where he wants to be.

Who was the last WR from usc who did well in nfl? Nelson is a wide receiver right? What does a WR need to use to catch the ball? The point I am making is your giving this guy way to much excuses.I understand your rooting for a guy thats part of the team.If you been in nfl for about 3yrs and you don't know how to catch the ball consistently as a WR. Well you need to be cut asap! Lets's be real come Preseason and during real nfl game were going to go through the same bs all over again.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

Who was the last WR from usc who did well in nfl? Nelson is a wide receiver right? What does a WR need to use to catch the ball? The point I am making is your giving this guy way to much excuses.I understand your rooting for a guy thats part of the team.If you been in nfl for about 3yrs and you don't know how to catch the ball consistently as a WR. Well you need to be cut asap! Lets's be real come Preseason and during real nfl game were going to go through the same bs all over again.

Keyshawn Laughing Laughing

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading about OTA definitely has me excited though. Football season can't come soon enough. Reading about OTA is more exciting than the NBA and NHL playoffs for me Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

Oh god... the USC WRs argument Laughing

But, to answer your question it would be Robert Woods who just got a nice payday from the Rams. Is he great? No. He is a solid #2 though.

I don't think I'm really trying to make excuses for him. I'm just giving perspective on his first couple years here that isn't hyper critical.

Can't say you are wrong that when it matters we won't just see the same old, same old from him.

This is a make or break it year for him in my eyes. I think he is in the best situation he's been in since he was drafted, but if he can't show marked improvement, then he is going to be replaced.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na Brown used to look good in OTAs too.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: