Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy. People are going to hate OBJ even more now.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Oh boy. People are going to hate OBJ even more now.

Will he and a team mate waltz together? Lol

If I could put my money on the first ever waltzing touchdown celebration I'm going with OBJ.. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

The really good players go from high school to a few minor league games then to the pros.

No they don't. Let's look at the Kris Bryant example. Since you know he's the reigning MVP of the NL. He went to San Diego for 3 years. Was drafted #2 overall. Played a full season in the Minors, won the Minor League player of the year. Even after that played 2 more months in the Minors before being called up to the big club. Here's how it usually goes for the HSers that are drafted. They either A) don't show up to the club that drafts them and then go to college, or B) spend several years in Minor league ball working on their craft before going up to the big club, if they even make it that far. The NFL has a 7 round draft, and approximately 250 players drafted each year. The vast majority of which will make an NFL roster that year. Baseball has a 40 round draft with approximately 1200 players drafted each year where only 10% EVER see a major league roster.

I'm a football fan, and I love team celebrations b/c it's the ultimate team sport. And I too think baseball's "unwritten" rules about celebrations are stupid. I'm also a realist, and someone who believes in truth. It's much harder to hit a HR off of major league pitching, than it is to do anything else in sports (save for a hole in one in Golf, which is more about luck than anything). I want you to try an experiment for me. Find a long tape measure and measure 60 ft 6'in. Put a baseball on the ground. Then walk back to your starting pointing and look for the baseball. Now imagine that coming at you at 105 mph (an Aroldis Chapman fastball). Now understand it's already too late to swing b/c it took less than half a second for the ball to get to the catcher and it took that long or longer to locate the ball with your eyes, and for your brain to tell your muscles to swing. Hitting major league pitching is stupid hard. That's why HRs almost always come off of pitching mistakes. And as far as a 10 mph difference, (and really it's closer to 15-20 mph) that's the equivalent of 15 feet per second difference. Major League Pitching is a full 25% faster than your best estimations, and that doesn't even begin to look at the difference in movement.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ They do... but ok... Google youngest starts in MLB it goes from 15-19, including the Babe and Harper who all started at 19 but there were a lot of guys who even started at 17. Laughing Use google...
Anyways...

so would this be illegal? Cause hes shaking his hips/butt?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
^^ They do... but ok... Google youngest starts in MLB it goes from 15-19, including the Babe and Harper who all started at 19 but there were a lot of guys who even started at 17. Laughing Use google...
Anyways...

so would this be illegal? Cause hes shaking his hips/butt?

I'd say no because is isn't simulating a sexual act, just dancing.

Doug Flutie ran in a TD at 42 years old, I would think that would prove it isn't the hardest thing to do. Many player score touchdowns without even being touched. The hardest thing to do in the NFL is probably play QB. A missed assignment or great blocking would allow many of us to score a TD. However, none of us are going to be competent QBs. Bo Jackson struck out 33% of the time playing baseball and Deion Sanders led the league in caught stealing one year (while only swiping 38 bases).

If you are an athlete football is a much easier sport to succeed in except QB/K/P. In baseball you don't have to be as good of an athlete to be a good player but it certainly helps.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ we get it.. lets not turn this into a baseball vs football thread for 12 pages when its about TD celebrations..

Last edited by Bednarik60 on Mon May 29, 2017 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
lancerman

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lebron James widely considered the best professional athlete on the planet and a guy who could be GOAT played right out of high school.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

sexual act lol... Rolling Eyes

its hilarious were using words like that describe a guy shaking his butt. So weird.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

its hilarious were using words like that describe a guy shaking his butt. So weird.

Well shaking your butt and doing hip thrusts are a little different.
flyers0909

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

Bryce Harper still played over 100 games in the minors before his debut.

The last person to debut at 17 was in 1957 Laughing

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude
renndawg37

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:
Lebron James widely considered the best professional athlete on the planet and a guy who could be GOAT played right out of high school.

Basketball is obviously a much easier transition. There are countless examples of NBA stars who came straight out of high school.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitting a HR? Laughing Yes it's statistically less frequent, but hitting a ball with a bat is the only skill they train for. A QB, WR, or RB has multiple potential assignments and the most physically impressive athletes in the world trying to stop them.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Technically speaking, any type of dance stems from courtship display, so all dancing could be considered sexual from an evolutionary perspective.

smetana34

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Hitting a HR? Laughing Yes it's statistically less frequent, but hitting a ball with a bat is the only skill they train for. A QB, WR, or RB has multiple potential assignments and the most physically impressive athletes in the world trying to stop them.

With all those extra assignments and less skill required in baseball, you'd think they'd want to be paid more than those inferior baseball players. NFL players are the least paid of the 4 major sports for a reason; it's not an overly skilled game. It is undoubtedly the most physical. But skilled? No.

BJ Raji has a rushing touchdown. That's how easy it is. Saying it's the hardest thing is sports is absurd. Find me any article on the internet where someone agrees.

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."
incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Technically speaking, any type of dance stems from courtship display, so all dancing could be considered sexual from an evolutionary perspective.

So if I'm dancing alone in the shower...? Never mind I guess you are right.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: