Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2711309-roger-goodell-reportedly-expected-to-relax-nfls-celebration-rules

Quote:
Goodell's statement said that using the football as a prop, celebrating on the ground and group celebrations will now be allowed.

Still no twerking, hip thrusts, or bow-and-arrow celebrations allowed.
SammyBradwater

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun!? In MY football??

Surely you jest.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about props within the stadium?

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2711309-roger-goodell-reportedly-expected-to-relax-nfls-celebration-rules

Quote:
Goodell's statement said that using the football as a prop, celebrating on the ground and group celebrations will now be allowed.

Grown men shouldn't be twerking anyway. The bow and arrow celebration seems okay unless they are scared it will turn into gun celebrations then I get their point of not promoting weapons. You know, to protect the stupid people.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing they could do right now for the game. I think they should just allow it all. But at least there opening up.. The games so much better with TD celebrations.

I just hate the excessive celebrating between scoring like a guy makes tackle 5 yards down field and he's dancing or a wide receivers makes a 7 yard catch and he's going nuts or a running back converts a 3rd down on the 60 yard line he's pointing to the stands and to God and his team mates lol. That stuff is stupid.

TD celebrations tho are awesome.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Quote:

Grown men shouldn't be twerking anyway. The bow and arrow celebration seems okay unless they are scared it will turn into gun celebrations then I get their point of not promoting weapons. You know, to protect the stupid people.
you're right. they should also ban shotgun formation
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Quote:

Right? God forbid the chillren catch a hint of violence. Let's hope they never switch to a major network during prime time.
MathMan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Quote:

and the pistol.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Quote:

and the pistol.

Can we still say guys like Flacco and Stafford have rocket arms?
MathMan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
MathMan wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Quote:

and the pistol.

Instead of the phrase "Battling in the trenches", might I suggest "kinetic zero-sum zone competition"
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Best thing they could do right now for the game. I think they should just allow it all. But at least there opening up.. The games so much better with TD celebrations.

I just hate the excessive celebrating between scoring like a guy makes tackle 5 yards down field and he's dancing or a wide receivers makes a 7 yard catch and he's going nuts or a running back converts a 3rd down on the 60 yard line he's pointing to the stands and to God and his team mates lol. That stuff is stupid.

TD celebrations tho are awesome.

Mike Mitchell usually celebrates after tackling someone after they make a first down.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
MathMan wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Quote:

and the pistol.

I wouldn't.

They should eliminate any gun references and I think the Patriots QB and coach should lead the charge. Heck, they could even name it after them, call it the Tom Belichick. That sounds dumb, maybe the Brady Bill.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call a QB a gunslinger either. Someone could get hurt.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Quote:

and the pistol.

And ban Ed Houchli while they're at it.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally. What was the point of banning celebrations to begin with? It shows personality and emotion plus attracts younger fans to the game.

As long as the guy isn't running to the middle of the field like T.O., taking longer than 30 seconds, or doing something highlty inappropriate.. all celebrations should be allowed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: