You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Doctson full go at OTAs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Josh Doctson full go at OTAs Reply with quote

Quote:
Doctson moved along slowly in the early parts of this offseason and Redskins coach Jay Gruden said in April that the team was planning to continue with a cautious approach through their organized team activities. Those get going this week and Doctson’s outlook has improved.

Gruden said Monday, via multiple Washington beat reporters, that Doctson will be “full for everything” during OTAs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/22/josh-doctson-to-work-in-full-at-otas/

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy or Sell: Doctson is active for the first game of the 2017 season.

I'll sell

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People will look back at Scots two draft classes here three years from now and wonder what in the hell this franchise was thinking firing him? Doctson will be a monster.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
People will look back at Scots two draft classes here three years from now and wonder what in the hell this franchise was thinking firing him? Doctson will be a monster.

Well we will see. The debacle with Jones is a negative, all his FA are off the team or about to be and Smith regressed last year. If he gets back on track and Doctson makes significant impact at a high level I would agree with you. Right now however the draft classes that Allen had in 2012 thru 2014 are making more of an impact. Cousins, Murphy, Moses, Reed, Long and Breeland. And I have a feeling this 2017 class will be the best yet, but I am sure fans like you will totally blame Allen if it isn't or praise Scottie MaC if it is.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Well we will see. The debacle with Jones is a negative, all his FA are off the team or about to be and Smith regressed last year. If he gets back on track and Doctson makes significant impact at a high level I would agree with you. Right now however the draft classes that Allen had in 2012 thru 2014 are making more of an impact. Cousins, Murphy, Moses, Reed, Long and Breeland. And I have a feeling this 2017 class will be the best yet, but I am sure fans like you will totally blame Allen if it isn't or praise Scottie MaC if it is.

Ahh yes, take more shots at me lol. It took three years for Allens class to show anything. Our 2012 and 2013 draft classes look like complete disasters now so I wouldn't be using those as something to hang Allens hat on and Trent Murphy, his first pick as GM didn't do anything until he took PEDs. And the amazing thing is you're whining in one thread about how they didn't pay Kirk and pummeling the GM that wanted to pay him last year in this one lol.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell Sell Sell

TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Ahh yes, take more shots at me lol. It took three years for Allens class to show anything. Our 2012 and 2013 draft classes look like complete disasters now so I wouldn't be using those as something to hang Allens hat on and Trent Murphy, his first pick as GM didn't do anything until he took PEDs. And the amazing thing is you're whining in one thread about how they didn't pay Kirk and pummeling the GM that wanted to pay him last year in this one lol.

You know Lavar you believe what you want to believe, but IMO I think it was Scott M that didn't want to pay him top dollar, or at least went along with it without a fight. The reason I say this is because when he and Gruden wanted him to start over RGIII they got that done and I mean that must have been a HUGE convincing job to do so since basically not only they had to convince Allen and Synder to drop a guy the team spend so much on but also the potential loss of revenues since RGIII was super marketable, especially compared to Cousins.

And yet when it came time to paying him 20 million a year Scottie wanted to get it done and couldn't? Especially after winning the division. Sorry I don't buy it and Cousins reaction to Scottie after that GB game reinforces it for me that this was the case.
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scot was never the contract guy. He did not have final say over contracts.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

I'll sell
Buy! I think he's going to have more TDs than Garçon had last year and that he'll have more than Garçon has for the 49ers this year.

I think he'll produce around what Garçon did for us last year except, Doctson will have more TDs.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

I'll sell
Buy! I think he's going to have more TDs than Garçon had last year and that he'll have more than Garçon has for the 49ers this year.

I think he'll produce around what Garçon did for us last year except, Doctson will have more TDs.

If he remains healthy I don't doubt it. I love Garcon but lets not make him into a HOF WR, he was a very good WR. This kid if he stays healthy he can become elite. The way he catches the ball is truly awesome it is like he absorbs the ball with his hands. In college he had the highest % of catches on catchable balls than any other WR and it wasn't even close. We had him as a top 10 prospect apparently so yea this kid can be special.

Every talking head out there is expecting this offense to regress because we lost DJax and Garcon. I think they are in for a surprise, especially now that we may also have a better running game, a better Center in Long for Cousins and Crowder going into his 3rd year. For us the key is Reed and his healthy. Doctson and Pryor are more than adequate replacement for Garcon, and DJax, and an upgrade in the redzone.
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

I'll sell

If he remains healthy I don't doubt it. I love Garcon but lets not make him into a HOF WR, he was a very good WR. This kid if he stays healthy he can become elite. The way he catches the ball is truly awesome it is like he absorbs the ball with his hands. In college he had the highest % of catches on catchable balls than any other WR and it wasn't even close. We had him as a top 10 prospect apparently so yea this kid can be special.

Every talking head out there is expecting this offense to regress because we lost DJax and Garcon. I think they are in for a surprise, especially now that we may also have a better running game, a better Center in Long for Cousins and Crowder going into his 3rd year. For us the key is Reed and his healthy. Doctson and Pryor are more than adequate replacement for Garcon, and DJax, and an upgrade in the redzone.

I'm with you, man.
They are an upgrade in the red zone plus bring a much different presence to the LOS and a more favorable matchup to whomever is lined up on D. ( Pryor being 6'4", 223 lbs Doctson at 6'2", 206 lbs ) Look at what just happened to their catch radius for Cousins on both sides of the field. I like the potential, and I think we need to lock up Pryor for 3-4 years

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED totally agree with you. Pryor will be a priority this off season, that is obvious to me. Any WR that can have 1000 yard season in Cleveland from a bunch of scrub QBs that says a lot. And that was his first year at this position so he is coming into his second year.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I totally agree with you guys. I think we should have more TDs in the redzone because of Doctson and Pryor also.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

1. Allen wasn't in charge of the 2012 and 2013 drafts; Shanahan was.
2. The only people from the 2012 and 2013 draft classes that are still on the roster are Kirk Cousins, Jordan Reed, and Chris Thompson. Only Reed is signed beyond this year.
3. Half of the 2014 class is out the door as well (Seastrunk, Bolser, Hocker) with big question marks over Murphy and Grant. Long is a question to be here next year as well. Only one long term is Moses.
4. As for McCloughan's free agent classes, they are what I would have expected if not what I hoped for: take a shot at guys on cheap deals and then re-sign if any pan out with one BIG signing per season. This is how you keep your cap in check. Did they work out? No, they did not. However, I prefer that option over what we seem to be returning to: big contracts for mediocre veterans.
5. As for Jones, yeah, that was a mistake. It happens. The advantage is that a mistake on a RB is incredibly easy to fix and relatively cheap (beyond the loss in draft value).
6. re: Smith regressing -> so did Murphy in his 2nd season. It is called the "sophomore slump." Let's see what happens this year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: