You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
From another site

Quote:
for anyone interested my friend gave me a summary on bear report.

- wright was stud, making plays outside and in the slot, instant chemistry with glennon.
- bellamy was runner up to wright as 2nd best receiver beating fuller on shallow cross and hall on a deep ball
- meredith was solid
- glennon had a relative good day for his 2nd practice
- amos bit on double move to daniel brown and gave up ~25yd catch
- goldman looks bigger
- floyd looks bigger both lower and upper body
- cohen struggled in pass pro and fumbled
- shaheen made more plays, 1 handed grab

A couple of very interesting notes there

-Kendall Wright giving the Bears something would be huge and fingers crossed that a change of scenery has a big impact for the Bears.
-Adam Shaheen continuing to show well would be a huge development and give them another serious weapon.
-Goldman and Floyd are the building blocks so possible further development would be awesome.

FWIW, he said Goldman looking like he added weight was a bad thing.

Yeah I am not sure most people can eye ball the difference between 320 and 330.

Fat guys are usually fat in May, will be something to watch when they report.
G08

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
From another site

Quote:
for anyone interested my friend gave me a summary on bear report.

- wright was stud, making plays outside and in the slot, instant chemistry with glennon.
- bellamy was runner up to wright as 2nd best receiver beating fuller on shallow cross and hall on a deep ball
- meredith was solid
- glennon had a relative good day for his 2nd practice
- amos bit on double move to daniel brown and gave up ~25yd catch
- goldman looks bigger
- floyd looks bigger both lower and upper body
- cohen struggled in pass pro and fumbled
- shaheen made more plays, 1 handed grab

A couple of very interesting notes there

-Kendall Wright giving the Bears something would be huge and fingers crossed that a change of scenery has a big impact for the Bears.
-Adam Shaheen continuing to show well would be a huge development and give them another serious weapon.
-Goldman and Floyd are the building blocks so possible further development would be awesome.

FWIW, he said Goldman looking like he added weight was a bad thing.

Yeah I am not sure most people can eye ball the difference between 320 and 330.

Fat guys are usually fat in May, will be something to watch when they report.

True.. but what about 320 and 360?

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Nads786

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flloyd getting bigger is a great thing. I would love to hear more about White and his development.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that doesn't need to hear another word about Kevin White?

I am at my fill of his rehab, how good he looks, his feelings, hot tough this has been.

I could not care less. I have gone through the stages of "Draft Bust Grief" and I am reading to move on.

Sometimes I close my eyes and imagine that we drafted Cam Meredith 7th overall and he is coming off a 10 start 66 catch 900 yard season and is an emerging high draft pick.
Nads786

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

I am at my fill of his rehab, how good he looks, his feelings, hot tough this has been.

I could not care less. I have gone through the stages of "Draft Bust Grief" and I am reading to move on.

Sometimes I close my eyes and imagine that we drafted Cam Meredith 7th overall and he is coming off a 10 start 66 catch 900 yard season and is an emerging high draft pick.

I just want a silver lining to this draft pick. If he can be a decent starter I would be very happy.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The same goes for WR Cameron Meredith, who practiced like the club's No. 1 wideout today. Early on, Meredith beat CB B.W. Webb out of the slot on a quick slant, then made a sliding grab from Glennon on an 8-yard crossing route. Meredith finished off practice by elevating for a high pass from Glennon, using every inch of his 6-3 frame to haul in the pass near the sideline. Right now, the receiver room is led by Meredith.

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Yes Nancy, you're one of the only people to write off a top 7 pick whose played in 4 games...

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
G08

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Yes Nancy, you're one of the only people to write off a top 7 pick whose played in 4 games...

I'm with him, I'm sick of hearing about Kevin White's feeling healthy, Kevin White didn't practice, will Kevin White reach his ceiling blah blah blah.

How about he stays healthy for more than 4 games in a season? I mean he's trending the right way... 0 as a rookie, 4 last year... maybe he'll hit 6 this season.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I'm with him, I'm sick of hearing about Kevin White's feeling healthy, Kevin White didn't practice, will Kevin White reach his ceiling blah blah blah.

How about he stays healthy for more than 4 games in a season? I mean he's trending the right way... 0 as a rookie, 4 last year... maybe he'll hit 6 this season.

While I don't disagree that the story is a dead horse at this point, he's clearly a big part of their 2017 plans so we're going to keep hearing about him. Whether he practices this week or not doesn't really concern me - if he's legit healthy in late July that's all I care about, and then from there it is what it is.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really want Bellamy on the team anymore even if he has improved a little. I want cam as #1 for now and maybe have an interchangeable 2 and 3 so we can see how poorly we drafted when we took Kevin White
G08

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
G08 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

While I don't disagree that the story is a dead horse at this point, he's clearly a big part of their 2017 plans so we're going to keep hearing about him. Whether he practices this week or not doesn't really concern me - if he's legit healthy in late July that's all I care about, and then from there it is what it is.

He'll be featured for sure, but I'll argue until I'm blue in the face that Cameron Meredith, the freaking converted college QB, is a much more polished WR than Kevin White right now. That bothers me.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Stoltz Practice Report

1. Kendall Wright was the star of practice and was running with Meredith and Wheaton as the top WR group.

Quote:
Wright was not limited to slot duty and made catches from every spot on the field. He showed immediate chemistry with Glennon, using his outstanding quickness and burst to consistently make the secondary look silly.

2. Josh Bellamy had a good day of practice

Quote:
One one of his first snaps, Bellamy beat CB Kyle Fuller on a shallow cross. A few plays later, he beat CB Prince Amukamara on a deep cross route. Bellamy later beat S Deiondre Hall on a deep corner route to the back of the end zone, elevating over the defender to make the catch,

3. Mike Glennon was solid

Quote:
QB Mike Glennon had a decent outing. He looked comfortable in the offense, for the most part, and made a number of quality throws. He had some questionable tosses as well, but that's to be expected, but it was good to see him show a relatively high level of comfort in only his second practice with his new team.

4. QB Depth Chart: Glennon, Sanchez, Trubisky, Shaw

Quote:
It's clear the Bears are going to make sure Trubisky gets his work in, no matter how many quarterbacks are ahead of him on the depth chart. With Glennon, Sanchez and Trubisky hogging all the reps, Connor Shaw barely saw the field.

5. Cam Meredith looks like the #1

Quote:
The same goes for WR Cameron Meredith, who practiced like the club's No. 1 wideout today. Early on, Meredith beat CB B.W. Webb out of the slot on a quick slant, then made a sliding grab from Glennon on an 8-yard crossing route. Meredith finished off practice by elevating for a high pass from Glennon, using every inch of his 6-3 frame to haul in the pass near the sideline. Right now, the receiver room is led by Meredith.

6. Shaheen continues to impress

Quote:
Second-round TE Adam Shaheen is still huge, even amongst the veterans. The 6-7, 280-pounder stands out even amongst a host of big teammates. Yet, just as he did in rookie minicamp, Shaheen made a number of plays today. His first came on the second snap of 7-on-7s, with Trubisky finding him on a quick out for the easy completion. Later, Shaheen elevated for a high pass from Trubisky and hauled in the football with one hand, which was very impressive. It's early, and I've only seen four practices from him, but Shaheen appears to be the real deal.

7. Dion Sims showing a little as a receiver

Quote:
TE Dion Sims looked very fluid as a pass catcher today and demonstrated solid hands. Sims also had the only false start of the day.

8. Marcus Cooper and Prince Amukamara are the top CBs with LeBlanc at NB

Quote:
-Marcus Cooper and Prince Amukamara were the starting boundary corners and they stayed on the same side of the field (Cooper left, Amukamara right) throughout practice. Cre'Von LeBlanc lined up at nickel.

9. Tanner Gentry didn't get lost in the shuffle

Quote:
-WR Tanner Gentry, the star of rookie minicamp, had one nice catch that stood out, making a two-handed snatch on a deep crossing route on a bullet pass from Sanchez.

10. Freddie Stevenson getting some run with the 1s

Quote:
-FB Freddie Stevenson saw plenty of reps with the first-team in I-formation. The one play that stood out came with Stevenson running a 15-yard comeback route near the sideline. The pass from Trubisky hit him in the hands but Stevenson dropped it. For him to make the roster, he must be more consistent as a pass catcher going forward.

11. Tarik Cohen struggled with the only fumble of the day and in pass pro

Quote:
Cohen also missed OLB Sam Acho on an edge rush, stepping up into the pocket instead of sealing the edge, which would have resulted in an easy sack for Acho. Not a great start for Cohen.

12. Daniel Brown burnt Adrian Amos in man coverage, not shocking.

Quote:
-During 11-on-11s, TE Daniel Brown was lined up against S Adrian Amos in man coverage. Brown ran a wheel route and turned up the right sideline. Amos bit on the initial move, allowing Brown to gain three yards of separation and make the easy 25-yard catch. Amos has struggled in man coverage throughout his career and today was no different.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Yes he has only played 4 games, which seems early to write off a high pick.

The problem is that he has been eligible to play in 32 games.

He has played in 12.5% of eligible games. This is not writing off a 2016 draft pick or a 2017 draft pick in week 4. This is writing off a guy who physically is broken.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Yes he has only played 4 games, which seems early to write off a high pick.

The problem is that he has been eligible to play in 32 games.

He has played in 12.5% of eligible games. This is not writing off a 2016 draft pick or a 2017 draft pick in week 4. This is writing off a guy who physically is broken.

Alright alright. To AZ's point this story has been getting beaten to death now.

Let's just see what happens. Low expectations right?
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be foolish to write off Kevin White, but at the same time it's not likely that he's another Odell Beckham in waiting after his injuries.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: