FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

OTA 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: OTA 1 Reply with quote

Press is there today.

Very interested to hear about whether

1. Trubisky and Shaheen's strong performance holds up with the big boys.
2. What the starting secondary is
3. What the WR core looks like
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RRH moving to DL
G08

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
RRH moving to DL

Fits the profile... around 285 lbs and 33.5" arms.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
G08

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really does seem like Trubisky will be QB3 for the majority of this season. It's what I wanted, so I can't complain... but man, the selfish a-hole in me kind of wants to see what he's got the last few games of the season Laughing

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
It really does seem like Trubisky will be QB3 for the majority of this season. It's what I wanted, so I can't complain... but man, the selfish a-hole in me kind of wants to see what he's got the last few games of the season Laughing

What are you basing this on?
G08

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:

Glennon's comments, Pace's comments.

I mean don't get it twisted, if we're awful and Glennon/Sanchez are awful then I'm sure they'll throw the kid out there for 3-4 games if they feel he's ready.

Epyon

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
RRH moving to DL

He was with the rookie minicamp too as a DL, despite being a "vet"

There was a report of him playing one of the reps and basically tossing aside our late round draft pick guard Jordan Morgan for what would have been a sack.

Kind of encouraging news tbh... he may end up transitioning well, as Morgan might lack the technique as a rookie, but he has pretty high playstrength.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:

I mean don't get it twisted, if we're awful and Glennon/Sanchez are awful then I'm sure they'll throw the kid out there for 3-4 games if they feel he's ready.

I'm not sure what Pace said to convince you, but what else do you expect Glennon to say? "I hope I'm the starter?" Of course Pace likely told him "2017 is your year" and also likely left out "...if you perform," but it's Mike Glennon. Is he going to perform well enough?
Athelite

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.google.com/amp/wgnradio.com/2017/05/23/hoge-bears-once-again-create-doubt-about-kevin-whites-health/amp/

^mike23md props
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTA report for all 32 teams: everything is awesome, everybody is having the best offseason ever, everything is going according to plan.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:

I'm not sure what Pace said to convince you, but what else do you expect Glennon to say? "I hope I'm the starter?" Of course Pace likely told him "2017 is your year" and also likely left out "...if you perform," but it's Mike Glennon. Is he going to perform well enough?

To be fair this time last year Philly had Bradford AND Chase Daniel ahead of Wentz, and by week 1 he was in the driver's seat. From the minute we drafted MT all of this became about him. Glennon can talk all he wants about having been reassured that 2017 is his year but reality is reality - if Trubisky is ready to be the guy week 1 then there's a very real chance he is.

If Glennon's not good every single week the fans are gonna be calling for Trubisky. Chicago has always been in love with their backup QBs and that's when they've been bums like Hoyer, McCown or Orton. Now it's the #2 overall pick in the draft. Come training camp Glennon will be as much if not more scrutinized than Cutler, and he's not half as talented. Can you imagine if Glennon blows in preseason and Trubisky lights it up against the second string (which he should)? Glennon may not even make opening day without the boo birds and calls for his head, and even if he does if he predictably struggles in the gauntlet we face in September then the heat only turns up that much more. If we start 0-4 and Glennon is confirming he's just a guy or worse then the pressure to start Trubisky will increase exponentially by the week, both internally and externally. He's the future, and at 0-4 you're not playing for the present anymore anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coverage has been terrible compared to rookie camp.

You think the Bears would appease the fans a little and let reporters share some info.

Anyone have links to any reports of actual on field work?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another site

Quote:
for anyone interested my friend gave me a summary on bear report.

- wright was stud, making plays outside and in the slot, instant chemistry with glennon.
- bellamy was runner up to wright as 2nd best receiver beating fuller on shallow cross and hall on a deep ball
- meredith was solid
- glennon had a relative good day for his 2nd practice
- amos bit on double move to daniel brown and gave up ~25yd catch
- goldman looks bigger
- floyd looks bigger both lower and upper body
- cohen struggled in pass pro and fumbled
- shaheen made more plays, 1 handed grab
[/quote]
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
From another site

Quote:

- wright was stud, making plays outside and in the slot, instant chemistry with glennon.
- bellamy was runner up to wright as 2nd best receiver beating fuller on shallow cross and hall on a deep ball
- meredith was solid
- goldman looks bigger

A couple of very interesting notes there

-Kendall Wright giving the Bears something would be huge and fingers crossed that a change of scenery has a big impact for the Bears.
-Adam Shaheen continuing to show well would be a huge development and give them another serious weapon.
-Goldman and Floyd are the building blocks so possible further development would be awesome.
G08

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
From another site

Quote:

- meredith was solid
- goldman looks bigger

A couple of very interesting notes there

-Kendall Wright giving the Bears something would be huge and fingers crossed that a change of scenery has a big impact for the Bears.
-Adam Shaheen continuing to show well would be a huge development and give them another serious weapon.
-Goldman and Floyd are the building blocks so possible further development would be awesome.

FWIW, he said Goldman looking like he added weight was a bad thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: