You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Irving - Failed PED Test
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Unsourced so far - but - apparently he failed the test for taking a supplement that he markets and got approved through the league. It could be a tainted supply or there is a rare chance this will get overturned.

Most likely it upholds though.

Yea, this is what happened to Lane and the players union didn't back him up. He'll get suspended. Tainted or not they'll claim he's solely responsible for what he puts in his body.
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much of a factor this played in him "breaking out" last season?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Unsourced so far - but - apparently he failed the test for taking a supplement that he markets and got approved through the league. It could be a tainted supply or there is a rare chance this will get overturned.

Most likely it upholds though.

Yea, this is what happened to Lane and the players union didn't back him up. He'll get suspended. Tainted or not they'll claim he's solely responsible for what he puts in his body.

This is like being right getting a speeding ticket. You get a $150 ticket. Go to court, and the ref throws out the ticket, but you still have to pay $75 court costs. You don't win. You lose a little less.
resilient

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused. Yes or No , will he get suspended?
JShank

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of these exonerating/mitigating facts in these reports are true, this is ridiculous. They are messing with a person's livelihood.

Depending on the facts, the NFL could have to answer to the courts. The troubling thing is that these are very sensitive issues, because windows of opportunity in the NFL are so slim and valuable.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JShank wrote:
If any of these exonerating/mitigating facts in these reports are true, this is ridiculous. They are messing with a person's livelihood.

Depending on the facts, the NFL could have to answer to the courts. The troubling thing is that these are very sensitive issues, because windows of opportunity in the NFL are so slim and valuable.

Lane Johnson is already suing. The suspension still counted though.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
JShank wrote:

Lane Johnson is already suing. The suspension still counted though.

Johnson is suing the players union though, not the league office.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

Now, it seems, teams and opposing teams alike are on the lookout for the competitive edge that comes out of players doping, using banned substances, domestic violence, or plain old stupidity.

--------------------------

Ask yourself this one simple question: If these things, the doping, substance abuse, domestic violence, etc where taking place in your neighborhood, workplace or home, would you stick around and tolerate it or would you seek life elsewhere?

Laughing Laughing

Exactly which era of football wasn't rampant with drugs/steroids? And most likely domestic abuse as well, though those things used to be more commonly accepted.

You are probably right, but back in my day late 70's thru 90's, these things were handled with a certain amount of discretion.

Today it seems like every aspect of a Pro Athlete's life is scrutinized to the Nth degree and fans of opposing teams are like vultures just hanging around waiting for some iota of bad news so they can begin factoring in how it is going to benefit their favorite team.

I'm sorry but that is not what "sports" is supposed to be about. The actual sport or sporting event should be determined by the physical play of the athletes. All of this other stuff just makes it so unlikable.

In my humble opinion, there is only one way to deal with it. If a player is using illegal drugs, ban him from the league. If a player beats his wife or child or kills pets for entertainment (M.Vick) ban him from the league. If a player is convicted of a felony, ban him from the league.

I guarantee you will see a dramatic change in the way these players behave off the field. It may take some time, but it will happen.

As it is, these players have carte blanche to do WHATEVER they want without much fear of accountability.

See one Randy Gregory. Here is a guy that had multiple chances to have a great career, make a ton of money, possibly win a championship, and retire a young, wealthy man.

Instead, he choose to get high. STUPID!!!!!

And he is not the only one.

I get that multi media is the reason all of this information is readily available, but if you were a player and knew that is how things worked today, would you be so stupid?

Rant over. Wink
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

Now, it seems, teams and opposing teams alike are on the lookout for the competitive edge that comes out of players doping, using banned substances, domestic violence, or plain old stupidity.

Ask yourself this one simple question: If these things, the doping, substance abuse, domestic violence, etc where taking place in your neighborhood, workplace or home, would you stick around and tolerate it or would you seek life elsewhere?

Laughing Laughing

Exactly which era of football wasn't rampant with drugs/steroids? And most likely domestic abuse as well, though those things used to be more commonly accepted.

You are probably right, but back in my day late 70's thru 90's, these things were handled with a certain amount of discretion.

Today it seems like every aspect of a Pro Athlete's life is scrutinized to the Nth degree and fans of opposing teams are like vultures just hanging around waiting for some iota of bad news so they can begin factoring in how it is going to benefit their favorite team.

I'm sorry but that is not what "sports" is supposed to be about. The actual sport or sporting event should be determined by the physical play of the athletes. All of this other stuff just makes it so unlikable.

In my humble opinion, there is only one way to deal with it. If a player is using illegal drugs, ban him from the league. If a player beats his wife or child or kills pets for entertainment (M.Vick) ban him from the league. If a player is convicted of a felony, ban him from the league.

I guarantee you will see a dramatic change in the way these players behave off the field. It may take some time, but it will happen.

As it is, these players have carte blanche to do WHATEVER they want without much fear of accountability.

See one Randy Gregory. Here is a guy that had multiple chances to have a great career, make a ton of money, possibly win a championship, and retire a young, wealthy man.

I get that multi media is the reason all of this information is readily available, but if you were a player and knew that is how things worked today, would you be so stupid?

Rant over. Wink

Does it change your opinion at all if was a Lane Johnson situation and he thought everything was approved by the league? That's what it sounds like is happening in this case.

Obviously Gregory, McClain, etc are different, but it seems harsh to group Irving into that category.

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, the best thing the NFL could do would be to simplify the policy so that it makes sense to everyone. How great would it be if the drug policy was as simple as only illegal substances are banned? If a player can buy a product over the counter then it's okay. If a player has a prescription for a medication then it's okay.

The only prescription that the NFL would have to worry about would be testosterone. So, that would have to be monitored more carefully, but there are times when a prescription for testosterone may be medically necessary and players shouldn't be penalized for that.

Players getting busted for using supplements that they can buy at GNC is lame. And the arbitrary nature of what is banned and not banned obviously has led to a lot of confusion.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Really, the best thing the NFL could do would be to simplify the policy so that it makes sense to everyone. How great would it be if the drug policy was as simple as only illegal substances are banned? If a player can buy a product over the counter then it's okay. If a player has a prescription for a medication then it's okay.

The only prescription that the NFL would have to worry about would be testosterone. So, that would have to be monitored more carefully, but there are times when a prescription for testosterone may be medically necessary and players shouldn't be penalized for that.

Players getting busted for using supplements that they can buy at GNC is lame. And the arbitrary nature of what is banned and not banned obviously has led to a lot of confusion.

I think anything that isn't scientifically proven as a PED should be allowed.

^^^El Rammy
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

I agree with you. The counter argument is that supplement makers are always 18 months ahead of the FDA. My thoughts are 'who cares'? If you can legally buy it, you should be able to legally take it. If it has to be prescribed than there is an easy solution to that as well - make all prescriptions be per-approved through a league doctor.

Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Rant over. Wink

Does it change your opinion at all if was a Lane Johnson situation and he thought everything was approved by the league? That's what it sounds like is happening in this case.

Obviously Gregory, McClain, etc are different, but it seems harsh to group Irving into that category.

As I understand it, you believe that I am lumping Irving into Gregory or McClain's category. I am not. My apologies if it comes off that way.

As far as what is a banned substance or what isn't does not appear to be a clear issue. That situation is a direct result of how ill prepared the league is to handle, govern or manage this situation. It is unfortunate that players like Johnson or Irving or others have to pay the consequences for this.

My point is how it has now become a determining variable on the outcome of a season that has not even begun yet. AND how fans, both pro and con alike, celebrate or curse what is going on.

It's only May and already I'm hearing Iggles fans on the radio talking about the possible negative effects this is going to have on an already suspect Dallas defensive front. Along with the hopes that Elliott gets suspended and how that will increase the Iggles chances for a division title.

You see, this is NOT what sports is supposed to be. Sadly, it is what it has become.

As for the idiocy of players like McClain or Gregory, that was just a tangent I went off on during my rant.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like all your crazy rants come from the fact that you listen to too much eagles radio. Do yourself a favor and get satellite radio. Sirus NFLxm is the best radio station in the world, bar none.

PS- If you grew up in the 70's than you know it was prevelant for the Steelers to share steriods in the locker room out in the open. If you watched the 80's than you know LT used to do lines of coke pregame and at halftime. If you watched the 90s than you know we have no business winning 3 superbowls as 1/2 our offense would be in prison.

You are just being silly with this whole rant.

Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I feel like all your crazy rants come from the fact that you listen to too much eagles radio. Do yourself a favor and get satellite radio. Sirus NFLxm is the best radio station in the world, bar none.

PS- If you grew up in the 70's than you know it was prevelant for the Steelers to share steriods in the locker room out in the open. If you watched the 80's than you know LT used to do lines of coke pregame and at halftime. If you watched the 90s than you know we have no business winning 3 superbowls as 1/2 our offense would be in prison.

You are just being silly with this whole rant.

All true points. But NONE of it was scrutinized to the point of suspending players resulting in teams NOT reaching a championship.

Again all handled with a degree of discretion.

But if I can't state my opinion here about how annoying and unlikable all of this 24/7 ish is about players off field issues are, then what the hell is the site for?

Blowing smoke up each other's arses?

Being "silly" is the one area where I will disagree with you Matts. And if everyone here thinks that the issues I speak of are not killing the anticipation of an upcoming season, killing the sport in effect, then we will just have to agree to disagree.

In short, I'm getting sick of it all.

But thanks for playing.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: