You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Irving - Failed PED Test
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MGoBlue

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: David Irving - Failed PED Test Reply with quote

Mike Fisher:
Quote:
BREAKING: I'm reporting on a failed-test issue w @DallasCowboys regarding budding DL standout David Irving NEXT on @1053thefan

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/867038748676153344

Jeff Cavanaugh‏:
Quote:
.@fishsports just told us David Irving is talking with Cowboy team officials about the possibility he's failed a drug test for 'supplements'

https://twitter.com/JC1053/status/867038974996615174

Marcus Mosher‏:
Quote:
I'm literally writing about David Irving right now.... and then news about a failed test. That'll be a four game ban for PEDs.

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/867039269919043584

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poop

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

^^^El Rammy
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Well...

Good thing we drafted a DE in the first and bringing one back from last year. Irving had a couple monster games and was an absolute fan favorite. 4 games wont make or break our DL, but it def sucks.

Getting real tired of our DL getting busted though. Learn to hide it better or quit doing it.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Well...

Good thing we drafted a DE in the first and bringing one back from last year. Irving had a couple monster games and was an absolute fan favorite. 4 games wont make or break our DL, but it def sucks.

Getting real tired of our DL getting busted though. Learn to hide it better or quit doing it.

Kinda odd that it's always the DL...makes me wonder if Marinelli isn't an influence.

^^^El Rammy
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Dallas drafts another DE in the 1st round next year. Get some talented, quality character guys in here.

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roto is saying Irving has evidence that could reverse the suspension:

Quote:
Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports Irving "has evidence" which could reverse the suspension on appeal, so this does not appear to be a done deal.

If it's anything like Lane Johnson last year where the supplement he took was cleared by the app the players associations provides them, he's still getting suspended.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so this is what Professional Sports has evolved into.

Back when it actually was a sport played by athletes for the sake of the sport and sportsmanship, all you really had to worry about were injuries, the weather and your opponent.

Now, it seems, teams and opposing teams alike are on the lookout for the competitive edge that comes out of players doping, using banned substances, domestic violence, or plain old stupidity.

And then you have these armchair IDIOTS that are giving their SB and playoff predictions now. What a joke.

I sometimes listen to sports radio and to hear how these Iggles fans are reaching out to every ESPN analyst or former coach or someone in the HOPES that they will get some answers to the questions of will Carson Wentz develop this year? Do you think our secondary will hold up? Are we a playoff team? is just ridiculous. I mean, how in the hell would they know anything? Too many variables between now and September to answer with any credibility. But yet, here we are, hanging on every word.

And the part that really chaps my arse is the fact that I see all of this, hate all of this, am no advocate of any of it but STILL cannot give up the passion I have for this "sport" and the team I support.

Perhaps it holds too many fond memories or is an outlet from everyday activities. Or it carries traditions like Thanksgiving Dinner with the family and a television on in every room.

I don't know what it is, but at some point I do see myself saying the hell with all of it. Everything about it is becoming just too unlikable.

Ask yourself this one simple question: If these things, the doping, substance abuse, domestic violence, etc where taking place in your neighborhood, workplace or home, would you stick around and tolerate it or would you seek life elsewhere?
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:

Now, it seems, teams and opposing teams alike are on the lookout for the competitive edge that comes out of players doping, using banned substances, domestic violence, or plain old stupidity.

--------------------------

Ask yourself this one simple question: If these things, the doping, substance abuse, domestic violence, etc where taking place in your neighborhood, workplace or home, would you stick around and tolerate it or would you seek life elsewhere?

Laughing Laughing

Exactly which era of football wasn't rampant with drugs/steroids? And most likely domestic abuse as well, though those things used to be more commonly accepted.

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:

Quote:
Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports Irving "has evidence" which could reverse the suspension on appeal, so this does not appear to be a done deal.

If it's anything like Lane Johnson last year where the supplement he took was cleared by the app the players associations provides them, he's still getting suspended.

Which is dumb. As I'm sure you'd agree, at some point you have to say it's more about intent. When Johnson was popped, it didn't make sense to me. Thought for sure he'd get that overturned. What are players supposed to do when they think everything they are doing is legal?

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Quote:

Which is dumb. As I'm sure you'd agree, at some point you have to say it's more about intent. When Johnson was popped, it didn't make sense to me. Thought for sure he'd get that overturned. What are players supposed to do when they think everything they are doing is legal?

Yea, there's no point in having the app that players use if they get clearance to use something that the league deems illegal.

edit: And that's why he's suing the players union.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsourced so far - but - apparently he failed the test for taking a supplement that he markets and got approved through the league. It could be a tainted supply or there is a rare chance this will get overturned.

Most likely it upholds though.

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Unsourced so far - but - apparently he failed the test for taking a supplement that he markets and got approved through the league. It could be a tainted supply or there is a rare chance this will get overturned.

LOL if he gets suspended.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

This is second hand information based on a radio interview in Dallas. According to the pharma company they were approved by the NFL, but (allegedly) 2 weeks ago they were disqualified. The strange part is that no one was told and they are still listed as an approved substance on the NFL site.

David kept promoting/using the supplement with no knowledge that it was now banned. It seems like that should be information that is shared. Like, ya know, tell all the teams, the companies, hell send out a league wide memo when a new substance is banned.

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

This is second hand information based on a radio interview in Dallas. According to the pharma company they were approved by the NFL, but (allegedly) 2 weeks ago they were disqualified. The strange part is that no one was told and they are still listed as an approved substance on the NFL site.

David kept promoting/using the supplement with no knowledge that it was now banned. It seems like that should be information that is shared. Like, ya know, tell all the teams, the companies, hell send out a league wide memo when a new substance is banned.

Par for the course then. Since Goodell took over, what does the NFL have a standard protocol for?

Kiltman on the sig & avy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: