Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Irving, Cowboys DL - Failed PED Test
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nova

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Unsourced so far - but - apparently he failed the test for taking a supplement that he markets and got approved through the league. It could be a tainted supply or there is a rare chance this will get overturned.

Most likely it upholds though.

If Lane Johnson's​ suspension was upheld for a substances "approved" on there own NFL website, very little chance Irvin's is overturned promoting a product. They'll just say the same thing. You have to do your "own" studies to confirm what's allowed before taking any suppliment.

Dumbest​ excuse I've ever heard. Hey these are the approved suppliment's by the NFL. However we're not responsible for a failed test. You've been warned!!! Do your own research first. Rolling Eyes

I didn't follow the Lane Johnson story much and now I think I had it completely wrong. I thought that Johnson didn't find the supplement on the banned list on the App developed by the NFL or NFLPA or something.

You're saying he found the supplement on the approved list!?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Unsourced so far - but - apparently he failed the test for taking a supplement that he markets and got approved through the league. It could be a tainted supply or there is a rare chance this will get overturned.

Most likely it upholds though.

If Lane Johnson's​ suspension was upheld for a substances "approved" on there own NFL website, very little chance Irvin's is overturned promoting a product. They'll just say the same thing. You have to do your "own" studies to confirm what's allowed before taking any suppliment.

Dumbest​ excuse I've ever heard. Hey these are the approved suppliment's by the NFL. However we're not responsible for a failed test. You've been warned!!! Do your own research first. Rolling Eyes
not really. The approved substances list means the nfl has done testing to ensure that it doesnt come back as a positive test. If you test positive you would have to have your own science showing that it does test positive, at which point you could probably get a court to overturn the ruling. Otherwise i could say i took something from the approved list even if didnt and it would make any sort of ped policy ineffective

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no longer a list of approved substances, only an ever-growing list of prohibited supplements and prohibited companies.

https://www.nflpa.com/active-players/drug-policies

Here's a link to the FDA website with a small, partial list of tainted supplements to give you some idea of how huge this industry is

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/sda/sdNavigation.cfm?sd=tainted_supplements_cder&displayAll=true

The NFL tried to set up approved manufacturers who follow all the rules and guidelines, but even that proved a failure because of the snake-oil nature of the supplement industry. So that list went away 5 years ago.

The vast majority of supplements are crapola; poorly manufactured, lousy quality control and they use the cheapest offshore ingredients they can find.
They have no requirement to prove safety or efficacy and so they don't even bother. What you get this week is different than what you got last month or next month.

Slick marketing overcomes lousy science every time
Caveat Emptor, thanks to Orrin Hatch and DSHEA
tom cody

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it could be a 1 off thing. Think he'll get a suspension, hopefully learn his lesson and be back in due course.

Courtesy of an online joke search.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: